“Great Hotel..... thanks priceline!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Saved about $60.00 a night when I used priceline to book this room. I was very impressed with this hotel.... it is very up to date and modern looking. Just as nice as the VB Westin that is double the price. Save your money and come here! The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze..... I am sure you will love this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank themizmom
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Chesapeake and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Chesapeake.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

This hotel is 20 minutes away from Virginia Beach and is very modern. The restaurant amenities are not that great, and housekeeping can be better - but there are many restaurants in the area and offer excellent fare and affordable prices.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sheilakoshy

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake..

Reviewed 24 March 2009

I am still reeling in disbelief from the horrible experience I had this past weekend while I was a guest at this hotel. When we first arrived to our room, I noticed two things. First, there was a large very oily handprint at the top of the headboard, as if the previous user had securely gripped it to anchor himself for some strenuous activity (use your imagination).

The second thing was that the bathroom toilet was absolutely filthy. You would not know this, however, unless you bothered to lift the seat. Apparently, a male had used the toilet and left urine all over the rim. The previous user also must have done a number two, because there was lots of evidence all on the inside of the toilet and inside the rim as well. DISGUSTING!!!

Needless to say, I was absolutely MORTIFIED. What I SHOULD have done was to call someone immediately to survey the mess and get someone to clean it up, and then go downstairs to use the bathroom. Unfortunately, I had to use the bathroom really bad. So I quickly used the Clorox wipes I bought with me to get in there as best as I could - the whole time absolutely HORRIFIED that I had to clean up SOMEONE ELSE'S filth as a guest in this hotel.

My husband called the front desk to see if someone could come and get in there much better than I did. At that point, I was not feeling the cleanliness! About half an hour later, no one had arrived. I called again and asked them to bring towels, as our bathroom had also not been properly stocked for two guests. Finally, our housekeeper arrived only with a towel to clean the dirty oily large handprint on the headboard, the whole time saying she didn't know how she missed it as she cleaned. I don't know how she missed it either, as big and nasty as it was!

She then briefly surveyed the bathroom, loudly complained that she had never had to clean the bathroom before (i.e. upon the guest's arrival), and left the room in a huff with a dismissive wave of her hand (yes, I noticed). She completely ignored my request to clean the bathroom. Guess she felt I did a good enough job. Another 15 minutes later, a different housekeeper arrived to bring the towels. I was livid! We called again, but this time, we left the room for about 20 minutes to half an hour. I don't believe anyone ever returned to clean the bathroom.

The next day, we went about the activities that were planned for us (we were with a group). About noon, I visited our room to use our bathroom in private. On the way there, our housekeeper stopped me in the hallway a couple of rooms down and assured me she would get to my room before she left for the day. I said, "okay" and kept going.

I returned after 3PM and the room STILL had not been cleaned. What was going on??? So we left the room and went downstairs to complain at the front desk in person. The supervisor offered to send up some champagne and assured me that the room would be cleaned promptly. My poor husband and I just wanted to take a nap and refresh before the evening activities. Instead, we had to spend our free time in the common lounge downstairs with other loud guests.

After another hour, we returned only to find that the room STILL HAD NOT BEEN TOUCHED! Again, we were at the front desk to complain to the supervisor. She said she would resolve this, someone would clean immediately, please give them another hour. When we returned around 5PM, the room was FINALLY, FINALLY cleaned…but hold it! The bathroom still had not been stocked properly.

My husband noticed this and immediately rebounded out of the room to catch the housekeeper before she went anywhere. He asked for more towels. That same housekeeper vehemently accused him of hiding towels because "she was absolutely SURE she had put enough in there!" So, I guess her standard of "enough" is one towel for every two guests??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! And do I need to mention that one of the rolls of toilet paper was totally used by then. Instead of replacing it, she left it there and just stuck a roll of paper (with the wrapper still on it) under the sink!

We had to wait THE ENTIRE DAY just to get our room cleaned! UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Other guests that we shared our experience with were absolutely FLOORED that we received such treatment from a MARRIOTT because the Marriott name/brand is synonymous with great service – or so we ALL thought.

In ALL MY YEARS of traveling across these United States AND abroad, I HAVE NEVER received SUCH HORRIBLE TREATMENT at a hotel. The room was filthy. The housekeeper was inexcusably rude, excruciatingly slow, and she downright refused to provide service to us multiple times.

The Chesapeake Marriott obviously has A LOT of work to do to live up to the level of service that the Marriott name/brand has established from years back. I would never stay there again. Heck, I'm so disappointed, I might not even stay in a MARRIOTT again...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank nrjluvs2travel
jon_siebring, Jon Siebring, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. We strive to satisfy our guest on every stay and we obviously did not achieve our goal for your visit. With your detailed feedback, we will meet with our staff to review our service expectations and improve our cleaning and inspection program. Your service did not reflect the service our hotel team wants to provide our guest and we will use this chance to improve.
We would like to earn your confidence again. We value your business and enjoyed hosting your group. I will call your group contact to let her know the steps we have taken to review our staff. As the Hotel General Manager, I welcome the chance to show you our improvement! Just let your group contact know if you are willing to give us a second try.

Jon Siebring

Reviewed 11 November 2008

This hotel just opened in October and its fabulous. It was so nice to stay in a room that was spotless with all the new furnishings. We also enjoyed a great lunch in the dining room, the crab cakes were all crab, no filler. The hotel is just off I-64 and easy to find. I just can't say enough about the friendly staff. We felt very welcome.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nancy D
jon_siebring, Jon Siebring General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2008

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the brand new Chesapeake Marriott.
Please visit us again.