All reviewsthe concierge loungeshe crab soupfront deskfull service hotelstarbucks coffeevery nice hotelhour drivebusiness tripgreenbrier areastayed nightsrooms are spaciousvirginia beachhotel of choiceexcellent staymini fridgethe hampton roads areaenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I stay here regularly for business and always appreciate the professionalism and friendliness that I experience at this hotel. Everyone is consistently courteous but at times executing on the basics can be problematic as a result of the change from a Marriott to the Delta (and what appears to be staff uncertainty around processes). The construction and remodeling appears as if it is moving very slowly but hopefully will make a great difference in the end. The one bright light at this hotel is Tammy in the bar who is particularly outstanding. She greets everyone warmly and no one's a stranger. She consistently provides excellent and attentive service and gracefully handles delays and mistakes in the kitchen.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake-Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear x7p3p,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel online. I apologize that our remodeling process is slower than expected, but our hopes are to transform our hotel without bothering our guests during the process. We cannot wait to see the finished product and hope that you're equally as excited as we are for the final reveal.

I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Tammy and let her know to keep up the great work with our guests.

I hope the next time you're in town for business we will see you again at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night to visit a friend and this place was very nice. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It seems to be recently remodeled property, I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017

The hotel was gorgeous and conveniently located. There are a couple bars, restaurants, and other amenities located in the hotel, but there are also a ton of dining and entertainment options all within a few blocks as well. The room was spacious and well laid out. Having Netflix as an app on the TV was great for being able to relax when I got back to the room. My only complaint is that I didn't have more time to spend in the hotel itself rather than the surrounding area. The staff, location, and the accommodations made for a perfect stay.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the hotel, but having one by an exit door was very convenient.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2017

My Husband and I were in town to visit our sons for Thanksgiving. The Hotel was clean and inviting, the young lady that checked us in was VERY sweet. We were disappointed that this being a marriott property there is paint peeling above the shower and strips coming off the wall in the bathroom. No hot tub in the pool area, and really No Free Breakfest that was a huge disappointment. Work out area was nice and clean and the maid staff was WONDERFUL!!! This is a Pet friendly hotel. My husband went down to buy popcorn later that night and a new staff member was rude when my husband paid in cash he was "upset" that he had already counted his drawer. My husband talked about it later with Joshua the 3rd shift desk clerk who was understanding and made everything right. Joshua did a great job. One last item, they will charge your card 50.00 per night for incidentals and we were not told that its a good thing I checked prior to shopping that day!

Room Tip: if you want to see your car go 4th floor or above
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I've stayed here several times over the past few years and each time the staff was friendly and the rooms nice and clean. The hotel is going through renovation so expect early morning sounds of workers as they start early. Breakfast isn't great as eggs were somehow not cooked well two days in a row. Fortunately there is a Wawa across the street.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business