“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Very friendly staff and great bar area to sit. Went here when live music was being played in this area and had a great evening. Would recommend this hotel for a stay in the Chesapeake area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
aloftchesapeake, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Greetings freqworld_traveller !!! We thank you for acknowledging our hotel and the visit you had with us !!! We try to have live music every Tues or Wed with a variety of styles from Jazz to Adult Contemporary, and in fact during the summer we will try to have small concerts on out patio. Of course you can't go wrong with our drinks from WXYZ lounge either ... your friends from Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The aLoft is a trendy, contemporary budget hotel. The lobby is techno, the staff is accommodating and the rooms are predictable and modern. There is no bathtub but the shower is very large. The only problem we encountered was a child getting sick in the pool. The staff quickly made arrangements for us to cross the street to another hotel to use their pool. Wonderful guest services, definitely. Would recommend this hotel to all budget conscious travelers. No, it is not the W, but it is a great value.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn1950
Greetings Lynn1950 !!! Thank You for taking the time to share a review of our hotel and writing about our guest service. You never know when an unfortunate experience can occur in the hotel, and the pool is a major part of any family stay. Safety and Security will always come first for our guests and we are glad that we could accommodate your needs and expectations. We look forward to your next visit with us ... your friends at Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was not sure what to expect. It was really neat - kind of different in look, feel, sound than other hotels I've been in. The bed was a little firm, but I slept good in it. The air/vent/heat system was very quiet and sound proofing was done well. I could see the highway from the window, but could not hear it (well, if I listened I could, but the sound was not intrusive.) The flat screen wall mounted TV was nice, and had a wake-up channel you could set as your alarm clock. It seemed to be a more pleasant way to wake up. The regular alarm clock goes off first by blinking a light, rather than a buzzer. Coffee was always available and complimentary, but breakfast was not included. There was food available for purchase, and was a-la cart and relatively inexpensive. The room was clean and spacious. Complimentary bottled water was provided in the room. It had a closet-like alcove with a curtain and some shelves, but no dresser. The staff was very friendly. I did not use the fitness room or pool, but did go look at them. They seemed nice. They have a bar which also served food. I ate there on my last night and it was good. They have a pool table near the bar. They have a couple of computers with printers for guests to use, and also a couple of Ipad type things available to use too, (firmly mounted to the tables). They had WIFI that sometimes was overwhelmed and I would get disconnected. I could reconnect after a few minutes. That was probably the only annoyance I had. Everything else was great. It was close enough to shopping and other restaurants that you could walk if you wanted to.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Greetings Cindy351 !!! Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay ... you definitely covered the whole experience with everything you wrote about !!! We are also pleased to inform you that we have improved our internet service, in fact we have given it an upgrade so it is faster and we found a repair issue that is now taken care of !!! We look forward to your next visit and we are sure that you will continue to find our hotel up to your expectations ... your friends at Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stay here when we went to Virginia Beach for a 4th of July weekend getaway. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was very helpful, they had a print out of all the 4th of July activities happening in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank adeolamak
aloftchesapeake, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Greetings Adeolamak !!! Thank you for taking the time to give a review of our hotel, we appreciate hearing the feedback !!! We look forward to seeing you again for the next 4th or even sooner ... your friends at Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Love, love, love, this hotel! My husband and I wanted a night away and found the perfect spot. We got greeted with a wonderful smile from Andrew the Front Desk clerk as soon as we walked in and he was so professional and made us feel so welcome to be there. Our room was very nice and the bed so comfortable and inviting. We enjoyed the evening in the lobby/bar, our bartender Lisa was also amazing. The area was so clean, we had fun playing pool and they play all kinds of great music. The atmosphere was cool, modern, and fresh feeling which gives you a sense of being in another country with a city type beat. Food was so absolutely delicious and we even enjoyed the pool which was to a perfect temperature. Overall the experience was a fabulous from the wonderful General Manager Chris all the way to the people in the back that cook the great food we ate. I recommend this hotel all the way for a one night trip or a weekend getway.

Room Tip: The King bed was so comfortable and huge!!!!!! The TV is in the perfect spot in front of the bed on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shanna F
aloftchesapeake, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Greetings Shanna F !!! We thank you for staying with us, enjoying what we have to offer and of course the rave reviews !!! We are definitely a great little getaway, our bartenders are among the best in the area, and we have always said to have the friendliest staff in town !!! Thank You for writing about your experience and don't hesitate to come visit us again ... your friends at Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager
Nags Head, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My daughter's high school cheerleading team came to the Tidewater area for a competition and we stayed at the aloft hotel in Chesapeake. From our first contact with the Group Sales Department, Rob and Sherissa took outstanding care of our group. Their friendliness and courtesy was only exceeded by their professionalism. They were great. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by Christine who took care of us throughout our stay. We had to make changes to our rooming list at the last minute and Christine, without missing a beat, made all the necessary adjustments and changes to make our check in a breeze and our stay enjoyable. She was absolutely fantastic. Throughout our weekend the entire staff was friendly and warm, attentive to our needs and I would recommend aloft hotel and the ltd hospitality group to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
aloftchesapeake, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Greetings Michael D !!! Thank You for writing to us and giving us a Big Cheer about your stay with us !!! Thank You for allowing us to host your team and it looks like it was a pretty smooth transition from booking to departure ... we hope that your group scored as high marks that you scored us !!! We welcome you to come back and stay with us anytime ... your friends at Aloft Chesapeake !!! Chris Tanner, General Manager
Pembroke Pines
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Accused of stealing a hair dryer only I was never confronted? I simply received a $50 charge on my credit card. When I called to see what the extra charge was I was told that there was a missing hair dryer. When I attempted to say something I was referred to a answering machine if I wanted to dispute the charge. Funny thing is....Im bald. I haven't used a hair dryer in 15 years. Maybe they should charge their indolent house maid $50 for not checking to see if it was there on the previous stay.
A simple phone call would have been appropriate/honorable.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Randy V
aloftchesapeake, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Greetings Randy V !!! I completely understand your frustration regarding the incidental charge placed upon your credit card and I would invite you to give me a call immediately at the hotel so that I can rectify the unfortunate circumstance. I know that our housekeepers are responsible to report daily to management any amenity that may be missing from the room and this is done on a daily basis and then the recovery process begins. We don't always have the ability to contact the guest before the charge and I apologize that this was the approach taken but everybody will contact us when charges are placed upon their card. I myself have not used a hairdryer in quite some time and I believe that we are on the same page, I look forward to your call, Sincerely, Chris Tanner General Manager.