All reviews sliding door lounge area upon check the room was nice coffee maker indoor pool virginia beach the staff was great sara xyz chain pet mall highway stains funeral
Reviewed 9 September 2013

So I ended up at the Aloft on 9/7 after a poor experience at the Wingate just up the road. Checked in was smooth, no complications, took less than 10 minutes. Because it was my first time staying at the Aloft they did give me a little spill about the recharge area, the splash, etc. It was cute. I must admit walking in I was overwhelmed as there was alot going on. Pool tables, people lounging, full bar. It was alot different from the ordinary Wingate I stayed at the night before. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and explained everything in great detail.

Went up to my room and it was definitely not your typical hotel room but of course thats what Aloft is going for. Some people complained about the microwave and fridge being so close to the bathroom area, I did not care. The bathroom was very clean. The bedroom area was clean and comfortable. Large flat screen Tv. Strong wifi connection. Loved everything about the room to be honest.

Ended up downstairs at the bar, the bartender was friendly and made my drink exactly how I like it (strong lol). I'll be honest at some point I did forget that I was in a hotel. In the lobby area at night it felt like a bar/lounge. After a few drinks I was on my way back to the room and a huge crowd was in front of the elevators socializing. I really did feel like it was a club let out of something.
The only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect rating is the fact that this hotel is entirely TOO busy to have just 2 elevators. So yes thats not a major concern, its not a deal breaker, but for the impatient or the busy business people that believe every second is money may end up frustrated having to wait for the elevator or the elevator stopping at every floor to pick up people.

Other wise, I will be staying at the Aloft again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aloft Chesapeake for a week, while we visited Virginia Beach and Washington D.C. The hotel is very modern and clean, the rooms are very spacious and have very comfortable beds with great large showers! The hotel is located right off the interstate so it is easy to find and easy to travel to the beach! We would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Hi youthpastorj,

Thank you for choosing Aloft Chesapeake for your visit to Virginia Beach and Washington D.C.! We are happy that you liked our spacious rooms, comfortable bedos, and large showers. We can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Let me start out by saying that I have never stayed in Virginia every before this stay. I have passed through there many times on my way to other locations, but have never felt the need to stop. I regret not stopping sooner. Deon the front desk agent was amazing, he knew everything about the area and was very accommodating. Kortni (I really hope that is how you spell it) was the manager that we had the pleasure of meeting. She is very professional and was grace under pressure. Both made my stay enjoyable and from the reaction of the guest around us I am sure they made every-ones stay too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at an Aloft hotel previously, and was not disappointed with my stay in Chesapeake.
The rooms are beautiful and clean. From the time I checked and out I experienced nothing but excellence. The staff at the front desk and in houskeeping ensured our stay was comfortable. Moreover, my dog Klaus was welcomed! The Aloft is at the top of the list of places to stay when I return to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Aloft Chesapeake is a great place to stay for young business travelers. The older crowd is also welcomed but just know it is not like many other hotels. The bar/lobby area is awesome to hangout in and meet new people. With pool table, full bar, and lounge area there is no need to hunt for social interaction in the city.

Room Tip: They are pet friendly but only on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi Willie F,

Thank you for your stay and for your review! We’re happy to hear that you found our hotel great for young travelers and that you were able to enjoy the social scene in our lounge area.

Once again, thank you for your stay at Aloft Chesapeake, and we hope to see you next time!