All reviewssliding doorlounge areaupon checkthe room was nicecoffee makerindoor poolvirginia beachthe staff was greatsaraxyzchainpetmallhighwaystainsfuneral
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Loved my room and the Bliss products are always a plus! However, the front desk people were too busy chatting with friends when I was trying to check in. I was checking in alone and asked for one key. She asked my floor preference but I ended up with two queens. Favorite part of hotel life is the stretch out across a big bed. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Renee S,

Thank you for your positive comments. Although your preferred room type was not available, I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well as the Bliss products. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Located centrally, to the areas restaurants, stores and the Greenbrier Mall the Aloft is refreshing. The room is similar in decor and layout to another Aloft I had stayed at in Harlem, NYC.
It have a basic contemporary decor which give visitors to the area an option from the traditional decor of a Homewood Suites or the like.

When I got in my room, I realized that the phone in the room that I stayed in did not work. After I went down to inform front desk, they immediatley sent someone to fix the problem.

Staff were very pleasant throughout. One thing I do not understand is why the hotel made internet access a bit complicated by having a changing password instead of easy access with room number and guest last name, the way it is done at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hi Charles A,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience and glad you enjoyed our location. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to resolve any issues you may have during your stay. We hope you to welcome you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

So I ended up at the Aloft on 9/7 after a poor experience at the Wingate just up the road. Checked in was smooth, no complications, took less than 10 minutes. Because it was my first time staying at the Aloft they did give me a little spill about the recharge area, the splash, etc. It was cute. I must admit walking in I was overwhelmed as there was alot going on. Pool tables, people lounging, full bar. It was alot different from the ordinary Wingate I stayed at the night before. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and explained everything in great detail.

Went up to my room and it was definitely not your typical hotel room but of course thats what Aloft is going for. Some people complained about the microwave and fridge being so close to the bathroom area, I did not care. The bathroom was very clean. The bedroom area was clean and comfortable. Large flat screen Tv. Strong wifi connection. Loved everything about the room to be honest.

Ended up downstairs at the bar, the bartender was friendly and made my drink exactly how I like it (strong lol). I'll be honest at some point I did forget that I was in a hotel. In the lobby area at night it felt like a bar/lounge. After a few drinks I was on my way back to the room and a huge crowd was in front of the elevators socializing. I really did feel like it was a club let out of something.
The only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect rating is the fact that this hotel is entirely TOO busy to have just 2 elevators. So yes thats not a major concern, its not a deal breaker, but for the impatient or the busy business people that believe every second is money may end up frustrated having to wait for the elevator or the elevator stopping at every floor to pick up people.

Other wise, I will be staying at the Aloft again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aloft Chesapeake for a week, while we visited Virginia Beach and Washington D.C. The hotel is very modern and clean, the rooms are very spacious and have very comfortable beds with great large showers! The hotel is located right off the interstate so it is easy to find and easy to travel to the beach! We would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Hi youthpastorj,

Thank you for choosing Aloft Chesapeake for your visit to Virginia Beach and Washington D.C.! We are happy that you liked our spacious rooms, comfortable bedos, and large showers. We can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Let me start out by saying that I have never stayed in Virginia every before this stay. I have passed through there many times on my way to other locations, but have never felt the need to stop. I regret not stopping sooner. Deon the front desk agent was amazing, he knew everything about the area and was very accommodating. Kortni (I really hope that is how you spell it) was the manager that we had the pleasure of meeting. She is very professional and was grace under pressure. Both made my stay enjoyable and from the reaction of the guest around us I am sure they made every-ones stay too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple