“Birthday night”

aloft Chesapeake
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Birthday night”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is beautiful. .I loved it from the pool to the bar.everyone was wonderful.the tings that can be worked on are the beds I thought were a little to hard.and the ac we couldn't get to work. I will stay here again..

• Stayed October 2013
Jay A, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear jlewing8:

I appreciate both reviews that you have left for us as both are valuable to our hotels progression in delivering a most memorable experience to our guests. We will analyze the comments on this particular review and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks you, again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been coming here for so long, after last night we won't be coming back. It all started when a group of people wanted to be loud at 7pm-1am it was horrible. We called the front desk they went to talk to them and that didn't help at all!! They were even louder. It was the worst stay at a hotel ever. We got no sleep what so ever. We literally rushed out of the hotel the next day. The noise level in the hallways are just insane! So noisy!!

• Stayed February 2014
Jay_Agustin, Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear brittnjohnson:

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback and I sincerely apologize for noise issues that you encountered. As you have experienced before, this is clearly not the standard at the property and we will ensure that we make any necessary changes to prevent in the future. I hope if given the opportunity in the future to visit the area, you'd reconsider. I would enjoy the chance to win your loyalty back, again!
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Located on "hotel row", it's ideally placed for the business area of Norfolk. However it delivers a poor hotel package - check in was atrocious; took forever; receptionist had a cold and sniffed and coughed all the way through (should have been off work); room was OK, but shower pressure not good; significant noise from some machinery or equipment kept me awake most of the night; Duvet between two sheets rather than in a cover so it all separated during the night. Given the choice on "hotel row" I'd pick an alternative rather than this member of the SPG group.

On the plus side, Gym was OK, Wifi worked ok and large screen tv, but not sufficient to compensate for the much larger issues here.

Room Tip: Don't take a room at the end of a corridor and this might help avoid the noise issue I had
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ian H,

Thanks you very much for the comments you shared. We strive to deliver great guest experiences. However, in this case, I must apologize deeply that we didn't meet your expectations. I will share your comments with the team and make applicable changes where necessary.
virginia beach, va
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I paid about the same amount as a cheap motel but got so much more than I expected. The staff was very friendly and informative. The room was great (I loved the showers especially)! The amenities were also a little unexpected but a very nice touch to the experience!

The only thing I would change is that I wish that the bath towels were just a little softer, that is literally my only complaint!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear vannah4816:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such great feedback. We do our very best to deliver the best service possible and happy we succeeded in your case. We'll work on those towels. Thanks, again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My family had a great time. The staff gave us joining rooms that made it convenient for us to keep an eye on the kids. The pool table was a great distraction and the lobby was fun and appealing. A lot of the guests hung out in the lobby which was fun. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013
Jay_Agustin, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear BrendaandReggie:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. We enjoy the fact that we have such a spacious lobby, we call re:Mix, where our guests have the opportunity to mix, mingle and have such a unique time that you would normally not expect in other establishments. We hope to see you again soon!
Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Shades do not extend to cover windows so you can see the nearby hotel's windows and you can bet that they can see you when you walk by the windows. Pillows are hard as rocks! Staff could care less about you at check in or check out bc they are too busy chatting with friends/coworkers and/or hanging in the office in the back. Plus staff cannot understand SPG rewards and concept of free nights stay and they will charge your credit card! I caught this and brought it up at check out and was told it would be fixed after I showed the emails from SPG and aloft hotels and gave the confirmation number for my stay...but no, got the credit card bill and they charged me and my points have been deducted for my stay. I should have stayed at the Hilton across the street!

Room Tip: SPG stays on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hi sweetsugartree,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and apologize that your stay did not meet expectations. We aim to provide guests with a comfortable and welcoming experience, and I appreciate your comments. I will discuss your story with the hotel team and strive to improve on these aspects moving forward.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I lived in the Chesapeake area for years and never had a need to get a hotel, but since I recently moved to Charlotte and still visit the area, I knew I needed a place to stay. I had always heard good things about Aloft, so I decided to give it a try this past weekend. The hotel was modern, clean, quiet and had all the amenities I could want. The bathroom and shower was spacious, and although the sliding door to the bathroom did not close 100% of the way, this was not an issue since it was just me in the room. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were fresh, and the flat screen TV mounted on the wall made the room seem even more spacious. The hotel and room did have a European feel to it (as stated by others); it has an Ikea (but better quality) feel to the furniture and décor.

I will undoubtedly be staying here next time I am in town.

The only negative would be that any ice, beverages, or snacks you may want/need have to be retrieved or purchase from the lobby. There are no machines on any of the floors. Also, if you want to use the micro or fridge, be aware that they are both small.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the upper floors. The lobby can have a lot of traffic since there is a full service...
Hello Matt M,
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your first Aloft experience, and hope to see you again soon. I am glad that you enjoyed the layout and feel of the hotel, and on behalf of the entire hotel team, we look forward to welcoming you back!