“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Denver, CO
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The desk staff were delightful, helpful, friendly, and the rooms are stylish and modern. The location is close to the airport, close to a shopping mall with many dining options, movies. Loved the hotel.l

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Amber70
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hi Amber70,
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to interact with our warm and helpful team, enjoy the comfortable room, and take advantage of our convenient location. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at the Aloft Hotel in Chesapeake VA for the first time. It was a comfortable stay and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. I would not recommend staying in a room near the lobby however as it was a little loud during the happy hour time. I was very impressed with the beautiful tiled shower stall and the modern feel the room had. All in all we were very pleased and may visit again in the near future.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the first floor as the lobby was buzzing with activity from the bar and pool t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Outer Banks Nc
Reviewed 8 March 2014

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!! My room was booked through a credit card and I was told that they could not find the reservation. After the credit card company called as well as the corporate office of the hotel the guy would not give me a room without my paying again.
Incompetent worker and manager that was very busy talking in the lounge to help. There were five people waiting to check in and two of us had prepaid but they wouldn't give a room to either of us. He constantly stopped helping people checking in to sell cakes and goodies to what appeared to be his friends. I will never stay at any starwood hotel again.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank abbywOuterBanksNC
Jay A, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear abbywOuterBanksNC:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered as there were apparent shortfalls. We will analyze these comments and address accordingly. Thank you, again, for this much important feedback.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

OVERALL, the stay was pleasant, the dissappointment entered when my credit card was billed again for the stay as the room was booked through Priceline.com therefore was already paid for when I checked in. I called several times for SEVERAL weeks about this. I was told that the computer system was slow & they could not help me & I would receive a return call which I never received. I gave the manager a couple of days to return my call before calling back & got offered his voicemail each time. I can only tell you that i called to rectify this situation SEVERAL times & disputed the charge with my bank. My visit was in mid-January and I have YET to receive a return call. This is EXTREMELY POOR customer service. As beautiful as the room & ambiance was, I will NEVER do business with them again because it was not worth being charged twice & in a HOSPITALITY business, customer service & satisfaction should be a bigger priority than i was shown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello KaDeeRN,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I relayed your experience to the hotel team and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We take all reviews very seriously and strive to grow with each opportunity. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and again send my apologies.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at this location it was beautiful when I walked in. The bartender was darling. The problem began at check in the gentleman working the front desk was overwhelmed with three check ins, so I sat at the bar and had a beverage while I waited. Then 45 minutes later I went to check in again I waited an additional 15 minutes. Finally as I check in I tell the young confused man I'd like to pay cash he told me I could do that at check out. So finally I got to the room it was nice except the carpet wasn't properly vacuumed. Then the next morning I went to check out and the front desk attendant another confused older woman could not figure out how to return the funds on my account and or take the cash. She seemed very confused and when I asked her if there was a new staff and or a new system she said no and was a little put off that I questioned her. I am currently on hold with the "person that is supposed to help me" I have been on hold for 20 minutes. First time I called I was speaking to a woman that said she had to put me on hold to get into the correct system then another person picked up the phone and told me to hold again then transferred me to a voice-mail. Needless to say I am still on hold.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Jameson21,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We aim to create a warm and welcoming environment for all guests, so I am sorry that you did not experience the helpful service we strive to provide. I shared your feedback with our hotel team.
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before and this time was even better than the one we had in October. The bed was so much better and the ac worked..the rooms here are always clean and nice I love howyou have the shampoo and body wash in the shower.the bar is always nice the food was great and pool is nice and warm.we will come back.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear jlewing8:

Thank you so very much for the feedback of the experience that you had during your visit with us. We hope to see you, again, in the near future. I hope that we have a chance to cross paths during your next visit I would enjoy the opportunity to meet you both!
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is beautiful. .I loved it from the pool to the bar.everyone was wonderful.the tings that can be worked on are the beds I thought were a little to hard.and the ac we couldn't get to work. I will stay here again..

• Stayed October 2013
Dear jlewing8:

I appreciate both reviews that you have left for us as both are valuable to our hotels progression in delivering a most memorable experience to our guests. We will analyze the comments on this particular review and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks you, again!