“Cute”

Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cute”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for one night at Aloft, with the king size bed, and it was OK. Considering the fact that it was free I didnt make a big fuse. The biggest issue I had was the fact that the air was not working in the room, maintenance came twice within an hour of being there and it still didn't work. We then left around 5:30PM and advised the front desk it was not working and they stated they would get someone to fix it and we pointed out their have been two people already who have been in to try and fix it. Long story short we came back around 10PM to find a "fan" , yes a window fan, that you would place in your window back home to cool the room off, on high sittin on top of the desl by teh window. SOOOO unacceptable. The only reason I gave them 3 stars was because of the bar and the pool table in the lobby. Free is Free but they can do better than that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear ngrant82, , thank you for giving us feed back on your recent stay, unfortunately I am quite disappointed that you did not get the ac in your room working correctly.Let me assure I will have someone professionally to check and correct the issue for the room you occupied. Please also let us know which room you stay by contacting us the property.
On the other side I am glad you enjoy the amenities such as our bar, and pool table area in the hotel.
Again thank you for choosing us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
NYC
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had never been to an ALOFT before but decided to give it a whirl while on a quick weekend trip to Virginia to see my son in a play. Lovely, ultra modern room, to die for shower, great soaps and lotions. Awesome pool. Great staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear ba8alou, Thank you for staying at Aoft Chesapeake Greenbrier . I am glad you enjoy the modern sophisticated amenities in our hotel. Please come and see us again in the future and tell all your friends and family how much you enjoy your stay.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

the hotel overall is really good, up to date, complete with amenities i.e swimming pool, fitness ctr, nice design interior and even outside. rooms on the other hand is very spacious and it doesnt feel like you are in a hotel room it felt like youre in your home because its really roomy. staff is really nice and courteous .i requested for towels and in 3 mins its already there! special thanks to Larry, elana, and tina for making our stay good and making sure that we are helped with our needs :) we are looking forward to stay here again ;) kudos to tina for doing back to back shifts and still making our stay worthwhile :)

• Stayed August 2014
Dear maria e,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Aloft Chesapeake Greenbrier Virginia. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room , which is very spacious, clean ,comfortable and exceptional service from Larry, Tina, and Elena. We all try very hard to make all of our guests’ experiences exceptional and we are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed you stay and please tell this wonderful experience to all your families and friends.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm only giving this a 3 star because of the beds, not the most comfortable at all!! Even my 30 year old daughter was not impressed with the beds. I will say they was very happy to help us out with extra mattress pads but they helped little. On the up side we did eat dinner from the at the bar and it was very good. This is more for the younger ages than a 50 something couple traveling with a grand baby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
, General Manager at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 10 March 2015
Dear Mary D,

Thank you for your feedback on how satisfy you were while visited our hotel few weeks ago. We are very proud on what we do at Aloft Chesapeake ; from the cleanliness of our property, friendliness of the staffs, delicious foods and drinks you can order from the WXYZ, and relaxing in our modern fitness center and in door swimming pool.
We are looking forward to have you back in the near future. Soli - General Manager Aloft Chesapeake.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights and had a nice experience. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean. I got a great deal on Priceline for 2 rooms... well below the rate given on Expedia. This hotel is about 20-30 min. from VA beach, but the drive is easy. This hotel is in a nice location near other hotels and plenty of shopping and restaurants. The rooms are not large but adequate. We loved the high ceilings, large windows, wall-mounted flat screen TV's and nice-sized tile showers with glass doors. Our rooms also had mini-fridges and small coffee makers. The information cards in the hotel room were a bit worn and seemed like they'd been used by one too many guests. The coffee maker in my room did not seem to be functioning properly, but I was eventually able to make a nice cup of coffee somehow. The beds were comfortable but a bit too firm for our liking. We managed to sleep well, and overall we enjoyed our stay. We would return if the price is right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan H
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I thought this hotel was awesome. I loved the set up of everything in the hotel. From the lobby to the rooms. Very fresh and up to date look. The rooms were nice and clean. Comfortable beds and I just overall loved the room's ambience. Yes this hotel caters to more of a younger crowd...so I do agree if you're over 40 you probably wouldn't enjoy your stay. Great location, also not that far from the beach...which is why my family and I were there. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice next time I visit and will recommend it to other people.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica L
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Jessica L,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and loved our hotel. We appreciate your review and recommendation, and are looking forward for you and your family’s return soon. Take care.
Chamblee, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The warehouse style lobby and young crowd on the patio all night looked like they were having a good time. As a more mature (40+) business traveler it's just more noise than I am looking for. I also found the front desk particularly slow. Positives include a modest breakfast area with some salads and sweets.

Negatives, most of the TV channels on the big screen were weirdly stretched analog. The soap and shampoo in the shower were pumps, bottles and bars would be nice. Actually had to check out vs getting a bill under my door.

Stayed July 2014
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Jim R,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your honest review. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. Aloft is a contemporary brand set apart from the competition by our unique, loft-inspired design and trendy styling. We understand our concept will not appeal to everyone; however we do strive to provide each of our guests with superior customer service and a memorable stay. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and will share your comments with our team in hopes to better guest experience. Take care.