“Excellent but hard to find”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Michigan
“Excellent but hard to find”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were nicely surprised at this Hotel. We stay at Hamptons a lot but this one seemed like it was newer. Our room was just lovely and very spacious. They were very helpful at the front desk helping me find an address we were looking for. We love the comfortable beds at the Hamptons especially after a long days drive.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was quiet there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I’m sorry you had trouble finding us! The hotel is easy to spot, even from I-64, but a little challenging to get into. Unfortunately with local codes, we have all the available signage we are permitted. The easiest way in from I-64 is to pass the hotel to the next light at Volvo Parkway, flip a U-Turn and turn right on Coastal Way then left into the office park. The hotel is just around the corner. From your comments, it seems like you were glad you made it and I’m pleased you found the room and service to be top notch.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Saint Marys, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our room was great. As a family of 5 we got a suite. This hotel was close to everything, clean and breakfast was good too. Our kids really enjoyed the indoor pool. The only down side was the beds. Bring your own pillows. But the staff is very friendly, helpful and accomodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I’m sorry you found the beds and pillows uncomfortable. As a Hampton, we all comply with the brand standard bedding package so I’m surprised to hear you found it different than other properties. I’m pleased to hear your family enjoyed the studio suite and other amenities. Thank you for your feedback.
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This month I stayed at Hampton Inn in Chesapeake for two nights. I found the experience to be very pleasant. There were always breakfast in the morning and the man who worked in this area was superb. He made sure you had everything that you needed. When we returned to the room it was always clean with enough towels. The desk staff was pleasant and helpful. I plan to stay there again when I visit the Virginia Beach area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. We always appreciate hearing about specific team members that go out of their way to help our guests. I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to Charles in the Breakfast area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

During my stay I had two issues: 1) the iron in the room was filled with rust and ruined my new white pants. My room was comped however that does not help my $200 pants since I travel on business anyway. At the very least the hotel should have offered to pay the cleaning bill – a certificate for a free night or 10,000 points would have made the situation tolerable. 2) I stayed in the lobby after check out to take a conference call. The porter vacuumed under my table, I pretty much missed the entire call. I wrote an email to the GM (Cliff Weber) while this was happening – his response was that they didn’t realize I was on the phone. IT IS NEVER OK TO VACUUME UNDER SOMEONE’S TABLE – EVER. Whether they are on the phone or not. I travel to this area about 2 times a month and will NEVER stay here ever again – in fact I will drive 20 minutes out of my way to avoid this hotel. I am on the road 3 out of 4 weeks per month and spilt my stays between the Marriott & Hilton and I am so disappointed in this hotel – A similar situation happen at a Marriott and they handled the situation entirely different.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I’m very sorry you experienced an issue while here as our guest. I did speak with the desk and Houseman that day and neither recalled seeing you on the phone. Unfortunately, I do not always have immediate access to email, or I would have addressed the issue. I have spoken with our Housekeeping team on the importance of always checking with a guest before cleaning if they are in the area.
Our hotel, like all Hampton Inn’s, embraces the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. This isn’t just a talk, it is your assurance that you won’t pay for your room if you are unhappy in any way. We issued your refund as soon as the matter of your pants was brought to our attention and have issued bonus HHonors points as well.
Unfortunately, a mistake can happen in any hotel, no matter how hard we may try to be perfect. I’m sorry you had an issue and I appreciate your feedback.
Upstate NY
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here with family for one night on the way to Hatteras Island. Room was clean and comfortable and hotel has a good hot breakfast and a nice gym. Price was beyond reasonable. We have young twins and staff went out of their way to retrieve milk from the breakfast bar for them late on the night we were there. Staff is very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Twins? WOW! That’s a handful! I’m pleased our staff took great care of your family while here. We pride ourselves on our levels of service. Our convenient location right off I-64 makes us a great stopping point on the way to the Outer Banks. Thank you for selecting our hotel as the starting point of your vacation!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed two nights , first night was ok . then on the second day around ten pm I started to get bit by lit bugs. Also I layed pepermint bottle of bath soap on the bathroom sink shortly after it started leaking all out as if a bug bit a few lit holes. After cleaning it up with towells I could hardly see the lit bugs but there were alot. As long as I stayed on the bed with my feet up nothing bothered me the rest of the night. I hope the hotel gets there pest control to work harder at there job.

Room Tip: I checked out to go find another hotel and found several beetle infestation , And another with bed b...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
I’m very sorry you experienced any kind of issue in your room. We maintain a very thorough pest program in the hotel as well as training our staff on things to look for. This is the first I’ve heard of this issue and I have contacted our pest control company to tighten up their inspections as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may immediately address the matter
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Had a great one night stay here in early May - booked online, based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed.

Clean room, clean beds, friendly staff, great breakfast included in the price (handy when you have three kids in tow)

Would happily recommend to anyone - and be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Our team works hard to ensure we provide excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Thank you for booking with us through the Trip Advisor connection and it’s great to hear the experience of others contributed. We work hard to remain the #1 hotel in Chesapeake and are very proud of our 2013 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. Thank you!