“Would stay again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Room rate was reasonable. Check went smooth. Rooms are a little small they do have fridge and microwave. Breakfast is served til 10. Great location. shopping and interstate easy to acess. Not far from Virginia beach!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Hedmonds3576
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 30 September 2013
The size of our rooms is not something we generally hear about, and I’m sorry if you felt they were a little small. Our studio suites are available for a small upgrade charge and offer a king or 2 beds, pull out sofa and wet bar area. Our convenient location right off of I-64 allows for easy access and quick connects to Norfolk, the OBX or Virginia Beach plus our rates are more reasonable than the oceanfront. Thank you for your comments. We share all reviews with our team to keep them informed on ways to improve our service and quality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Elizabeth City NC, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

we were early checking into the hotel so we went for supper but when we returned our room was still not ready but we were given an upgrade right on the spot, no problems at all ...very nice front desk staff...clean room...I will definitely return...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lawrence K
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 18 September 2013
I apologize for any delay with checking in. Normally, we have plenty of rooms available at our posted check in time of 3pm. However, on the day of your arrival, we were sold out the night before with half the hotel being group rooms that took a bit longer to prepare. I’m pleased our team took great care of you and was able to upgrade your room to get you settled
Orrville, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Travelling with family, my wife and 4 small children. They loved the whole experience. The hotel was well kept, and our room, a suite was clean and inviting after a long day on the road. Everyone enjoyed the free breakfast, it was fresh and tasty! We will plan our next trip keeping this hotel in mind.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Gregory L
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I’m pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our Complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast is always inviting. I love the smell of the fresh made waffles when I walk into the hotel in the morning! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to having you as a guest in the future.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel July4th-6th. It was an early start to our 2013 vacation at Sandbridge Beach. The Hampton Inn & Suites exceeded our expectations. It was a great hotel for a brief or extended stay. The two double bed room we stayed in was in immaculate condition. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet had many options and we utilized it each morning. The hotel was located near shopping and restaurants which made it even more convenient. We took advantage of a pay in full discount before arriving so we got a great rate and did not have to pay an upcharge for the holiday. Check In was easy and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in letting us know where the best place to view local fireworks would be later that night.
We will definitely be returning to this establishment in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve C
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Given our convenient location in Chesapeake and by interstates linking to VA Beach and Norfolk, there was a great selection of local fireworks displays. I live near the Town Center area of VA Beach and walked over to the park to enjoy them. I’m pleased to hear our staff made your stay enjoyable. If you vacation in Sandbridge again next year, please consider a room with us again.
Winder, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Staying at the hotel for a business trip turned out to be a very pleasing experience. I had been accommodated with all my needs and had a great time. Even though my room had only HOT water for the shower, they had honored and did not expect me to pay since I was not 100% satisfied. I did not request not to pay but they did offer it. They also informed me that I could have gone down to request for another room to take a shower in at no charge before I left. Overall I would recommend anyone to stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Samuel M
Your pleasure is our business! Our entire team works to ensure the very best in service and accommodations. I am so sorry about the water temperature in the shower. Unfortunately, sometimes the internal valve malfunctions and needs to be replaced. This isn’t something we would normally see on our routine PM program. We have repaired that room. The Hampton Brand stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I’m pleased our desk staff took care of things for you.
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Everything about the hotel was great except for the fact that I arrived on a holiday & was charged almost triple what the room cost the following night. The holiday night the room was $244.00. The following night the same room was $85.00. Seems like price gouging to me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Karen S
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your comments. Based on the specific hotel in the area, some are priced a little higher, some a little lower. Not all include complimentary breakfast. On Saturday, the amount you mentioned, which includes tax, was our normal summer weekend rate plus tax for a studio suite. This had no bearing on the Holiday; it was simply the summer weekend rate. Sunday is typically priced lower, but because there is no demand right after the holiday, we lowered our rate slightly more than normal. Most hotels in the area were only allowing a minimum 2-night stay over that weekend, while we still allowed a one-night stay on Saturday. I encourage you to shop our competing hotels and for overall value, service, product, and cleanliness, I’m sure you will find our hotel worth the investment.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here to participate in the VA Beach Rock and Roll half marathon on September 1st. I waited too long to reserve a room and couldn't get something right on the beach. This was an excellent choice. The hotel was very clean, the bedding excpetional! Check in was easy and the desk clerk was really pleasant. I asked for a late checkout so that I could shower after the race and they easily agreed. The breakfast was put out early so that I was able to grab a bite to eat at 5:30 AM before I headed out. It's a 20 minute easy drive to the beach. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank celmo46
I used to work for a hotel on the boardwalk so I know how hectic it can be over a demand weekend. I’m pleased we were able to accommodate you. Our location is right off I-64 so it’s only a 20-30 minute zip to the beach and our rates are much more reasonable. We hope to have you as a guest for the next marathon!