“Accommodating Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Hampton Inn & Suites on Battlefield Blvd in Chesapeake, VA is a very nice property if you're looking for a reasonably priced, yet clean and comfortable hotel while visiting the Hampton Roads area.

Although the fitness center doesn't open until 6 am, the hotel staff allowed me to access the center before leaving the hotel that morning for a business meeting. She certainly didn't have to let me use it, but she did.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel is pet-friendly, as I was traveling with my canine companion.

I certainly recommend this Hampton Inn property if your travel plans take you to the Hampton Roads area in Virginia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I’m pleased your stay was enjoyable! Our team takes great pride on providing the highest levels of guest service and cleanliness. We have a great location near several restaurants and shopping as well. I’m a “fur parent” myself, so I’m always looking for new things we can offer for our furry guests. I love traveling with mine and I know sometimes it’s difficult to find a hotel that will allow them. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Moyock, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The room was nice, only complaint would be the breakfast section and their eggs were awful, they were the artificial kind, using water for the scrambled eggs no other choices. One morning no breakfast meat at all...not good if you are a high protein eater. Hard to get to the hotel, very awkward entrance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you didn’t care for the new eggs. Like all Hampton’s we offer the same products through all of our hotels and carry as many options as the Brand permits. We rotate between scrambled, scrambled with ham and cheese, cheese omelets and Western omelets. While we do offer sausage patties, ham, bacon and other choices, there are also starch options that rotate as well. Each day we provide one egg dish and one starch or protein dish.
With our entrance, we recognize it can be difficult to find. Unfortunately, due to city restrictions, we have as much signage as permitted. We are, however, looking into other options that would make it easier to access our parking lot.
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you staying with us.
Hugo, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

All of the Hotel staff were very polite and friendly and always asked if we needed anything. Room was clean and in top order. Had a little trouble keeping the room cool enough for my taste but I think that was just me having trouble with the thermostat settings but there wasn't anything wrong with the thermostat. Pool was great and the water was warm. Very nice 4 day Hotel experience!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Our team loves hearing when guests are completely satisfied with their stay. With a convenient location right off I-64, we are a perfect stopping point. Our team works hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay and I’m pleased yours was no exception from the rooms to the pool. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed there and the hotel was extra clean. The employees were very courteous and very helpful. The hotel is close to many things to walk too. Walmart Sams club and many good restaurants. I was also able to bring my dog to the hotel without an added charge. Pool was clean and very enjoyable

Room Tip: we stayed in asuite because of our AAA membership it was only $10.00 more and with kids it was worth...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to provide the very best in service and accommodations and we love hearing from our guests. Our location is right off I-64 and affords easy access to the many major travel ways in the area. We love hosting pets as well and are working on more amenities we can offer for our furry guests. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future!
Maryland, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton so that my son could play airsoft at Ballahack (which I would also highly recommend). We had a suite, which had more room than I ever anticipated. The pool/hot tub, exercise facility and lobby with breakfast were all top notch. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, and even drew us a map to our destination. I highly recommend this location, we will definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m pleased we exceeded your expectations. All of our reviews are posted for our team to see so I’m sure the desk staff you mentioned will be pleased his service hit the mark.
Grabs, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Normally I find Hampton Inns the standard in N American Hotels but this place stank, literally.
OK so I checked in late, on a Sunday, made my way up to my room (A non Smoking room) and it smelt in there like the last guest was the Marlboro Man. Went down to reception to complain and it was like the Marie Cellest. So being dog tired I went back up, opened the windows and sprayed the room with everything I had.

In the morning I complained and all I got was 'You booked through an agent, there is nothing we can do' YOU WHAT?

Firstly housekeeping should have told management that a smoker had been in there and second they should have deep cleansed the room and charged the person who stank it out before they brought it back into service.

Reputations are hard to build and easy to destroy and the management would do well to remember that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Buellrider
I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to our normal high quality standards. Based on the information you provided to me, I will be following up with our Executive Housekeeper as well as the Room Attendant that cleaned your room for additional training.
Our staff prides itself on the cleanliness and service we provide. Hampton has recently begun allowing hotels to charge for the additional deep cleaning required when a room has been smoked in. As much as we present the hotel as non-smoking, we cannot control guest behavior. However, if a room has a noticeable odor, we do have procedures in place to take care of it.
I do hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to this area.
Collinsville, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Hotel was very clean. I would stay there again. The hotel is close by to many department stores and nice places to eat. The hotel was easy to find. The indoor pool looked very clean even though we did not get in it. The free breakfast was good. I would have liked some help with the waffle maker but the staff didn't seem to interested.

Thank E. Stuart B
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I’m pleased to hear you found our property to be clean and neat. We pride ourselves on the levels of service and cleanliness we provide. Our close proximity to I-64 makes for very convenient access to major travel connections in the area. I’m sorry you did not receive assistance with the waffle maker. They can be a little tricky. I will make sure to follow up with our breakfast team so that they are more present to assist our guests.