“The package was well wrapped but.....”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“The package was well wrapped but.....”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in room #508. As I showered, the bathtub filled with water. It took hours for the water to run out the drain. I stood in my own grime every time that I bath. It was disgusting. You could have exceeded my expectation by resolving the plumbing issues before you assigned room 508 to me. I spent $320.00 for a 4-5 star hotel room that had severe maintenance issues. I am sure that your housekeeping staff cleaned that room on many occasions. They should have recognized the severity of the plumbing. Then if that was not enough, the lever in the bathroom sink was broken. I poured coffee in the sink not knowing that the lever was broken. So, brown coffee water sat in the sink. I called the front desk to report the issue. I was told that your hotel operates with no maintenance person on staff from 11PM - 6AM. That is a crucial time especially for those of us who sit in conferences all day and then are released at 10PM. We look forward to a time of restoration in a comfortable room. My bath means a look to me. I found it gruesome. When I checked out July 19, 2014, not one issue had been resolved. You failed me Hampton Inn. I would like to post a formal complaint to management

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Marjorie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

2nd time to stay at this location and, I was approached by someone in the parking area asking for money. I think the hotel should have security given the dollar amount charged ! Also, bathroom on the 2nd stay was not clean, I can tell you what color hair the previous guest had !!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Khaldoon B
Chester, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Location was excellent as it was near anything you could need but not on the tourist part of the city. The rooms were furnished with classy yet efficient amenities. The continental breakfast was very good and the staff was always willing to help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Room was quiet, staff was professional, typical Hampton Inn stay. Convenient to dining and shopping as well as the Interstate highway. Might be overpriced for what it is. We selected this for its location not for the price - there seemed to be few options that were convenient for our needs on this trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Should be towards the back and on the non-interstate side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stoutsville, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our queen/queen suite. Was plenty of room for our family of 6. Pool could be larger for a hotel this size but it was very nice overall. Breakfast area was congested but the food was good. A little hard to get to the hotel off the main road, especially at night. Overall pretty great for the price. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2014
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Pleasant service, very accommodating and the room was just wonderful. We were traveling all day and stopped in without reservations. AARP discount applied. Nice breakfast nook in the morning, included with room rates, with fresh fruits, coffee, cereals and such.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Clemmons, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was convenient to many restaurants and shopping centers. We were there for softball, so we didn't get to go to the actual beach. The hotel was very clean, parking was easy, and traveling to and from Princess Anne complex was trouble-free. We try to always stay at Hampton Inn when traveling, because of the quality we've come to expect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Travellers also viewed these Chesapeake hotels
Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Comfort Suites
#10 of 42 in Chesapeake
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Address: 1421 Battlefield Blvd N, Chesapeake, VA 23320-4505
Region: United States > Virginia > Chesapeake
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
#4 Family Hotel in Chesapeake
#8 Business Hotel in Chesapeake
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd. Hotel Chesapeake
Hampton Inn And Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.