“The Right Place At The Right Time”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Portsmouth, Virginia
“The Right Place At The Right Time”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

At the Sleep Inn And Suites, I experienced a remarkable staff, a clean room, and clean pool area. I especially would like to acknowledge Mike on third shift. Kudos to Mike on his hospitality skills and pleasant personality. I will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eaton4christ11
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Eaton4christ11

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at your recent stay at our hotel.

Choice Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lisa was exceptional during checking in & out. Signed me up for the Choice Rewards program.

Janay was very friendly & professional while serving the complimentary breakfast.

Both of these employees are excellent examples of GREAT customer service.

• Stayed June 2014
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear: DKool1

Thank you for taking your time on busy day to fill out an online survey and for the kind words you gave us. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Sleep Inn-Western Boulevard, Chesapeake continues to provide excellent service even in tough times. A regular guest of the hotel, and usually when the weather is bad, I was staying with a friend in February to avoid the reported icy road conditions from Chesapeake to Norfolk. During the night, the sleet and rain turned into snow. At 5:00 a.m. we discovered the water pipes had froze in the house. Immediately, I called the Sleep Inn, my hotel of choice. Without hesitation, the night manager told us we could check-in as soon as we could get there. What service! I have never been disappointed with this property or its wonderful staff. We were also able to have breakfast, which a delight because all the in-route food establishments were closed because of the road conditions . I fully recommend this hotel for your travelling experience, and if you are a resident of the area like myself in need of a comfortable and friendly stay, you don't want to miss this one!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good locations, my preference is the second floor where the computer is, and ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Princess021

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was very pleasant and my room was great. Everything was clean and the room was welcoming. I love the area where the hotel is located as well
I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NZTM
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Kind Regards,

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Me & two friends traveled 4 hours from home to Chesapeake for a one day trip and planned to stay at Sleep Inn under our employee rate. We knew we would be arriving earlier than check-in time but we took our chances on seeing if a room would be available. When we arrived to the hotel around 10am the manager at the front desk, Jennifer, was so busy trying to check a guest out & send him on his way that she totally disregarded his compliment simply telling her how nice his stay was and that he enjoyed everything. When she finally got to us, with an attitude, told us there were no rooms ready & no guarantee until after 4pm. We said that's fine we would go eat breakfast & try again in a couple hours. When we came back 2 or 3 hours later before even opening our mouths she said "I told you we wouldn't have any rooms ready until after 4pm". We asked has housekeeping cleaned any rooms yet, and while rolling her neck, she said "Yes but the room you're assigned to is not ready come back after 4" and started walking towards the back office. Me & my friends looked at each other in disbelief of the inconsideration and lack of respect that she had for us as guests. And I said to them "Did she really have to say it with an attitude?" She walked back & said while waving her finger at us "I don't have an attitude, and just for that I'm canceling your room! Leave and don't come back!" We told her that's bad customer service because we hadn't caused any problems & that she was the one that had attitude. She continued to yell out that she has every right to cancel our room. We said whatever & left.....without a room, 4 hours from home, and no friends or family in town.
Me and the both of my friends work at a hotel together & NEVER have responded to a guest in this manner as our manager would have our butts! There have been many cases where people came to check in early and all we did was ask housekeeping if they could clean a specific room and whether it took them 20min or an hour they still got right on it. For Jennifer to respond the way that she did without even trying to get a room ready for us or even acted like she tried was very unprofessional. For her to yell at us while pointing her finger and twisting her neck was very degrading. Never ever should a "manager" yell at a guest  for something so simple as trying to check in early. Deep down I honestly believe had we not have been 3 young females that she would not have acted the way she did. I feel as if she took advantage of our age as tho we're on the bottom of the totem pole, or that our presence didn't matter.
When we got back home, my friend called corporate to try and get a handle on why things happened the way they did, but he seemed to have taken Jennifer's side & blamed it on us. He told my friend that as employees at a hotel all 3 of us should have known to behave better & more professional. I was sooo shocked! First of all, he is not our boss to speak that way about us and we were not the ones working so our professionalism should not have taken part in this equation. Seeing as we didn't get to check in, and were not charged, this was not about the money or getting a free night. This is about letting someone know how disrespected we as guests were by the staff and want just a simple apology and recognition that there should be consequences for Jennifer's actions.

Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Lola P
Dear Guest,

Ellabell, Georgia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Room was comfortable and large. Bed was comfortable and pillows were great. However, if you are looking for a hot shower with good water pressure, this is not the place to stay. Water pressure was spotty, and water was not very hot, no matter what time you took a shower--we were there almost a week, and never got a truly HOT shower. One of the desk clerks was very friendly, however, the one on duty our second night was on the phone raising heck about something. Also, the halls on the second floor were loud and people were making noise late into the night (1 a.m. and later) The lobby was almost directly under us, and it was an open second floor, so desk clerk should have been aware of the ruckus. One of the reasons we stayed here was for the pool, which turned out to be hardly bigger than the hot tub.

Room Tip: Don't stay over the lobby in the front part of the hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear: jrjagrl

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write this review, it allows people to know what to expect from our property and the changes we made! I am so pleased that you are happy with the room condition and furnishings that we selected in our recent remodel! I will pass your kind words onto the entire staff about the great job that they are doing in the hotel! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thank you !!!!

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this property for one night, because we were experiencing horrible rainy weather for several days, and I live in a different city from where I work. My travel to work that morning was so draining weather-wise, I decided I definitely did not want to repeat that drive home after working all day. This hotel is only about 5 minutes away from my work. As a former hotel general manager myself, I am very picky. I found this hotel to be excellent for my needs, the guestroom was very clean, and the General Manager, Jennifer, and her staff were very professional and made my stay comfortable, welcoming, and allowed me to "sleep-in" a little longer!

Room Tip: I preferred the 2nd floor, but the hotel in its entirety is very nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Princess021

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#23 of 42 in Chesapeake
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!