“questionable area, poor lighting, need outside police presence”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Ocracoke, NC
“questionable area, poor lighting, need outside police presence”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The view of the motel in their photographs is done for a purpose. The surrounding area is run down, with a questionable motel next door with very questionable activities. The majority of the parking is around to the sides and back with very poor lighting. We witnessed quite a few scantily clad women walking from the motel next door. Also, witnessed one "lady" get out of a car with a "gentleman" to pull her pants up and zip them. We arrived late for a reserved and the hotel was booked up and were greeted by a very friendly lady behind the counter. It went downhill from there. The room did have two queen beds, but the walls and headboards had stains on them that looked to be smeared. As I said, we arrived late, or else I would have sought out new accommodations based on neighborhood, the parking and lack of lighting and security. I did not go to their dining area or breakfast area as we were just trying to get on the road again. Bottom line, if you can avoid this place with your family, I probably would. I did take their survey afterward and made them aware and I received a pleasant email but that does not make the experience any better. Almost $150.00, not worth it.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Comfortinnandsuitesc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn, Chesapeake.

We have received similar complaints from few other esteemed guests who stayed during that time.

Our apologies for the inconvenience howsoever.

We have made complete arrangements to augment safety and security for our guests.

The cleanliness and amenities of the rooms are being checked and confirmed before checking in a new guest.

Please visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. We had a room with 2 king beds. The room was very big. The room was very nice and clean. I just wish this hotel was in a better part of town. The hotel was very nice just in a bad part of town. There is a very run down motel right next door to this comfort inn. At first I thought the motel next door was closed but I was wrong. There were people sitting outside of there rooms. There are houses behind the hotel that didn't look to good either. We didn't eat any breakfast while we were there because they stop serving it @9:30. I think they should change the time to a little bit later. We didn't even get up till 9 or 930. Also one thing that bothered us was a lot of bikers stayed here and around the area. The bikers would race up and down the street in front of the hotel @ 1 and 2 am in the morning. It was very hard to get to sleep and stay asleep. But that wasn't the hotels fault. We had a room in front of the hotel so I am sure that's why it was so loud. Also the view from the front of the hotel isn't very good either. There is a run down trailer park across the street from the hotel. If we went back to that area I would pick a different area of town to stay in. It's not because of the hotel it's because of the area that it is in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Valued Guest!

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn Chesapeake and your overall review.

We are glad for the appreciation about the hotel, the rooms and the service.

At the same time we are taking effective steps to correct the points that you have mentioned including the breakfast timings.

We are eagerly waiting to welcome you soon.

Plattsburg, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent five nights in Chesapeake visiting relatives. Upon check in, we found a problem with the micro-wave in our room. We contacted the front desk because we didn't want to possibly lose our damage deposit. They immediately assigned us to another room and apologized for the inconvenience. With this one glitch behind us, the rest of our stay was problem free. I would definitely stay here in the future and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Edward W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night, 2 rooms (1 accessible, 1 with pull out couch). Both rooms were clean and well appointed. The bathrooms looked recently updated. The interactions with staff we had was very pleasant. The breakfast provided was standard fare. For cons we almost have to nit pick, the taps in our bathroom sink and tub had the temperatures reversed, and the hallway outside our rooms was uncomfortably hot.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked online, Stayed Friday and Saturday night, Upon check In The Desk Clerk was O.k.But her Inform shirt was dirty and her hair needed to be Done.
The Elevator doors and floor didn't look like they clean it everyday, The same coffee straw I saw on our room floor when we checked in, Was STILL There when we left, Not enough tables for guest to sit and eat breakfast, Although We shared a tables With a Sweet couple from Michigan....Pool area had dead Insects on floor And NO Towels inside room, Towel Rack Old and Rusty

Not enough parking for Guest.And The Tub had no slip guards. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!

I am a Housekeeper, If they worked for Me, I would Teach Them How To Professionally Clean!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank AnnettaDeshaunne
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Comfort Inn, Chesapeake during your last visit.

We appreciate the review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had howsoever.

The entire issue related to the amenities, cleanliness and hospitality related problem has been investigated.

Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

We would like you to take note of these and request to stay with us again during your next visit and experience the difference!

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Between the outstanding customer service by clerks, the tremendous management by head staff and the rooms on the inside were just fantastic, Comfort Inn is definitely the PLACE TO BE if you need the home away from home. As an entrepreneur going from state to state especially traveling to Outer Banks, NC. I APPROVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
concord nc
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The stay was just okay the black lady at check in was nice customer friendly. The carpet in the hallways was not vacuum I read that from one of the other reviews I quess they just vacuum the rooms the furniture were a little run down. The one thing that really bothered me was the next day the lady at the desk, I think she was from India but any way I told her that my key can not get in the laundry to wash she said how many in my room and I said 5 she said that was to many the room holds 6 which I reserved, well any way I said that has nothing to do with the laundry. she say they just want to know. I had 2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed and she said that room was for 1 person she said that said that again to my wife when she checked out do not stay here if you have a family they will spy on you till you leave!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wayne m
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn, Chesapeake to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken on each of your observations.

We are hiring a professional team to study and improve the hotel upkeep and hospitality.

Please make a note of the same.