“My stay at Comfort Inn in Cesapeake, VA.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I would highly recommend staying here. The room was nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This is my 2nd time staying here, my 2nd time was experience was just as good as the first stay. The rate for the room was excellent as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B
comfortinnva455, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you Charles for your wonderful review! We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites take pride in our customer service and strive to do so for each and every customer. I'm glad your first visit and this second visit turned out very well!

We hope to see you soon again Charles! Thanks again for your positive review!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a very nice room. Staff was very friendly, took the edge off being in an industrial-commercial area that could really use some civic attention. The staff went out of their way to help when I needed it- during any shift- and I appreciate their knowledge of local construction delays and work-arounds.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the front of the property, overlooking Military Highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Chesapeake, Virginia and the room was neat and clean, the front desk was friendly and helpful, and the House Keeping and Manager were superb! We only stayed one night and in our hurry to meet another appointment I left behind in our room a purse that included my Ipad, and Nook, and $40. I thought surely it was lost. I was depressed and sick at heart. But, when I was able to talk to the Manager, Malti, sure enough she had my purse held securely in her office until I was able to return and retrieve it. House Keeping had found it and given it to the Manager, she made note of the find in her log book, and then secured it for me.

Comfort Inn & Suites gets double the five stars for honesty in helping me get back my purse with everything it as I left it. I can't express enough thanks and appreciation for the Manager, Malti, and the House Keeping at Comfort Inn & Suites in Chesapeake, Virginia: Clean, friendly, organized, and honest -- 10 stars out of 5. We will choose Comfort Inn & Suites again and again to stay in with confidence and a feeling of security. They are well managed, friendly, helpful, and honest.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The view of the motel in their photographs is done for a purpose. The surrounding area is run down, with a questionable motel next door with very questionable activities. The majority of the parking is around to the sides and back with very poor lighting. We witnessed quite a few scantily clad women walking from the motel next door. Also, witnessed one "lady" get out of a car with a "gentleman" to pull her pants up and zip them. We arrived late for a reserved and the hotel was booked up and were greeted by a very friendly lady behind the counter. It went downhill from there. The room did have two queen beds, but the walls and headboards had stains on them that looked to be smeared. As I said, we arrived late, or else I would have sought out new accommodations based on neighborhood, the parking and lack of lighting and security. I did not go to their dining area or breakfast area as we were just trying to get on the road again. Bottom line, if you can avoid this place with your family, I probably would. I did take their survey afterward and made them aware and I received a pleasant email but that does not make the experience any better. Almost $150.00, not worth it.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Comfortinnandsuitesc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn, Chesapeake.

We have received similar complaints from few other esteemed guests who stayed during that time.

Our apologies for the inconvenience howsoever.

We have made complete arrangements to augment safety and security for our guests.

The cleanliness and amenities of the rooms are being checked and confirmed before checking in a new guest.

Please visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. We had a room with 2 king beds. The room was very big. The room was very nice and clean. I just wish this hotel was in a better part of town. The hotel was very nice just in a bad part of town. There is a very run down motel right next door to this comfort inn. At first I thought the motel next door was closed but I was wrong. There were people sitting outside of there rooms. There are houses behind the hotel that didn't look to good either. We didn't eat any breakfast while we were there because they stop serving it @9:30. I think they should change the time to a little bit later. We didn't even get up till 9 or 930. Also one thing that bothered us was a lot of bikers stayed here and around the area. The bikers would race up and down the street in front of the hotel @ 1 and 2 am in the morning. It was very hard to get to sleep and stay asleep. But that wasn't the hotels fault. We had a room in front of the hotel so I am sure that's why it was so loud. Also the view from the front of the hotel isn't very good either. There is a run down trailer park across the street from the hotel. If we went back to that area I would pick a different area of town to stay in. It's not because of the hotel it's because of the area that it is in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Valued Guest!

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn Chesapeake and your overall review.

We are glad for the appreciation about the hotel, the rooms and the service.

At the same time we are taking effective steps to correct the points that you have mentioned including the breakfast timings.

We are eagerly waiting to welcome you soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We spent five nights in Chesapeake visiting relatives. Upon check in, we found a problem with the micro-wave in our room. We contacted the front desk because we didn't want to possibly lose our damage deposit. They immediately assigned us to another room and apologized for the inconvenience. With this one glitch behind us, the rest of our stay was problem free. I would definitely stay here in the future and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward W
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night, 2 rooms (1 accessible, 1 with pull out couch). Both rooms were clean and well appointed. The bathrooms looked recently updated. The interactions with staff we had was very pleasant. The breakfast provided was standard fare. For cons we almost have to nit pick, the taps in our bathroom sink and tub had the temperatures reversed, and the hallway outside our rooms was uncomfortably hot.

• Stayed: August 2013