“best experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“best experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

As soon as I walked in I was greeted warmly, and welcomed to the hotel. The employee at the front desk was very nice and iinformative. The inside of the hotel was spotless. They have a great pool as well as a great exercise room. My room was amazing it had everything I needed. It was very spacious. I will go out of my way when i'm in Virginia to stay at this hotel again. Thank you very much for making me feel welcomed.

Justin

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
comfortinnva455, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you Justin for taking the time to write us a review! We are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites was excellent!

We try and do our best to put customer service at first. We hope to see you again soon Justin! Again, thanks for staying with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Chesapeake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The good: staff are very very nice. We checked in last abd Mrs Tia was the sweetest. She gave us the extra pillows and blankets, make sure we had all the delivery menus, and helped us we some bathroom items we forgot. In the morning breakfast wasnt the best... but the gentleman was prompt refilling the milk when requested and even made us fresh eggs. Kids were happy so mom was happy. Thats all that mattered and its free breakfast!. The room could have been cleaned better... it didnt smell but I wipe everything down because I have 4 kids... the tables were dirty and there was a hair on my sheets which freaks me out. The light werw unplugged and thr phone had stains on it from who knows what. So I was a little dissapointed about that. Overall for the price it worked. 2 queen beds a sleeper sofa for 87 bucks. Fit all 6 of us great and by the way the crib was waiting in the room when we got there! Thank you to Tia for the happy welcome!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
comfortinnva455, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Chesapeake, VA!
We appreciate you taking the time and letting us know how we did. The more input we get, the better we can further serve our guests. We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites take pride in our customer service and in our rooms.

We have addressed the issue about the room not being up to standards. We sincerely apologize about that and have taken measures to prevent such inconveniences occurring in the future.
Next time you're in the area, please choose the Comfort Inn & Suites as you're stay destination! Thanks again!

Front Office Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This hotels located off of military highway, not many other hotels nearby but for my standards this was the only mid scale hotel near to where I was working. Upon check in I was greeted by a friendly clerk who even took the time and recommended some good places to eat. The rooms were to my surprise verrryyy spacious and very updated. For 69.99 it wasn't bad at all including breakfast. All in all.. for the price and quality of the rooms, I will definitely be back and also recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
comfortinnva455, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for writing us a friendly yet positive review. We appreciate you writing us a review so that other guests can get an idea of how a typical stay may be at our property.

We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for staying with us!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I would highly recommend staying here. The room was nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This is my 2nd time staying here, my 2nd time was experience was just as good as the first stay. The rate for the room was excellent as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles B
Thank you Charles for your wonderful review! We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites take pride in our customer service and strive to do so for each and every customer. I'm glad your first visit and this second visit turned out very well!

We hope to see you soon again Charles! Thanks again for your positive review!
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a very nice room. Staff was very friendly, took the edge off being in an industrial-commercial area that could really use some civic attention. The staff went out of their way to help when I needed it- during any shift- and I appreciate their knowledge of local construction delays and work-arounds.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the front of the property, overlooking Military Highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Chesapeake, Virginia and the room was neat and clean, the front desk was friendly and helpful, and the House Keeping and Manager were superb! We only stayed one night and in our hurry to meet another appointment I left behind in our room a purse that included my Ipad, and Nook, and $40. I thought surely it was lost. I was depressed and sick at heart. But, when I was able to talk to the Manager, Malti, sure enough she had my purse held securely in her office until I was able to return and retrieve it. House Keeping had found it and given it to the Manager, she made note of the find in her log book, and then secured it for me.

Comfort Inn & Suites gets double the five stars for honesty in helping me get back my purse with everything it as I left it. I can't express enough thanks and appreciation for the Manager, Malti, and the House Keeping at Comfort Inn & Suites in Chesapeake, Virginia: Clean, friendly, organized, and honest -- 10 stars out of 5. We will choose Comfort Inn & Suites again and again to stay in with confidence and a feeling of security. They are well managed, friendly, helpful, and honest.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ocracoke, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The view of the motel in their photographs is done for a purpose. The surrounding area is run down, with a questionable motel next door with very questionable activities. The majority of the parking is around to the sides and back with very poor lighting. We witnessed quite a few scantily clad women walking from the motel next door. Also, witnessed one "lady" get out of a car with a "gentleman" to pull her pants up and zip them. We arrived late for a reserved and the hotel was booked up and were greeted by a very friendly lady behind the counter. It went downhill from there. The room did have two queen beds, but the walls and headboards had stains on them that looked to be smeared. As I said, we arrived late, or else I would have sought out new accommodations based on neighborhood, the parking and lack of lighting and security. I did not go to their dining area or breakfast area as we were just trying to get on the road again. Bottom line, if you can avoid this place with your family, I probably would. I did take their survey afterward and made them aware and I received a pleasant email but that does not make the experience any better. Almost $150.00, not worth it.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Comfortinnandsuitesc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Comfort Inn, Chesapeake.

We have received similar complaints from few other esteemed guests who stayed during that time.

Our apologies for the inconvenience howsoever.

We have made complete arrangements to augment safety and security for our guests.

The cleanliness and amenities of the rooms are being checked and confirmed before checking in a new guest.

Please visit us again.