“Good motel for the price”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent service from Harry and Malti and the rest of the staff. The larger room was clean, plenty towels, sofa, and comfortable beds. The only thing lacking was the location, it was a little out of the way, but not bad. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lacajunman
comfortinnva455, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Harry
Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my second stay at this location. My first stay was about 2 years ago. The quality of the hotel was not the same the second time around. I am not sure but it may be under new management.

Rooms: I booked 3 rooms here for a graduation weekend. Rooms were fairly clean. (I sprayed everything with Lysol). I did notice a stain on the mattress cover and one of my family members said that there was a large stain on the mattress in their pull out couch. Also my AC unit ran all night long, even when it was not putting out cold air. The other two rooms did not have a problem with the AC unit. The rooms were large. We had 2 kings suites and one Queen suite.

Location:Not a lot of shopping in the area, but it is fairly close to the Greenbriar area in Chesapeake. McDonald s, Papa Johns, Family Dollar or Dollar General ,( I cant remember which one) are all across the street from the hotel. It was quiet in the evening.

Breakfast is free. Breakfast consisted of waffles, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, packs of cereal, oatmeal. Pastries. Apple/Orange juice,coffee, water. The breakfast area was well stocked and I enjoyed Kim, the attendant. She was a pleasure each morning.

I booked my rooms using the Advance Purchase rate, which means that my credit card was billed in advance...however for some reason they wanted my credit card again when I arrived. When I got home there were a few misc charges on my credit card. Small amounts. 1.14(twice) and 2.00. I contacted the hotel and of course the person that I spoke with did not know why those charges were applied. I waited for about a week. 1 charge cleared and I disputed the other 2 via my credit card company.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at The Comfort Inn. It was a good deal for the price. 2 night stay for around 200, in June. Other hotels were well above 100 per night. I would stay again, but I cannot say it would be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a suite with two queen beds and a couch. This gave us plenty of room to spread out. The night staff was very friendly. The bathroom was a little cramped and the bathroom was plumbed opposite so it took a while to know the hot was cold and the cold was hot. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had horrible experience at Super 8 in Suffolk so I was desperately calling for hotels, and as soon as Malti ( staff member at check in) answered she had this friendliness about her. The hotel room is clean, beds and pillows are sooo comfy ( for a minute I thought I was at home in my own bed !!!) and Malti was awesome! Definitely will come back! Thanks :)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank DoWrightsqueen
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Wi-Fi here is actually faster than my connection at home. I stayed on the bottom floor, which oddly enough is half-way below ground. As a result the room was very very quiet, with no traffic noise or noise from other guests. The sheets and towels were clean and fresh, the bed comfy, the room and motel had NO unpleasant odors when I arrived. The staff was very helpful and friendly - esp. Mr. Smith and Ms Kapoor. The breakfast was good but typical fare - the coffee was very good and fresh. I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express where the Wi-Fi and coffee was terrible and it cost twice as much. If you want a full breakfast Waffle House is right next door. The only down side - no pool :-(

Room Tip: Ask for a room down below for a quiet and peaceful night's sleep!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
comfortinnva455, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time and writing us a review here on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our Super Fast Wi-Fi that we have here at this property. Also, we have put a lot of time and effort into these rooms to ensure they you don't here outside noise or your neighbors. A lot of thought and time have went in when building this place. Thanks again for letting everyone know how quiet the rooms are and how fast our Wi-Fi was. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future!

Chris

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Pleasant and accommodating staff. Our room was #320 and it was extremely clean and very nice. Beds were comfy with your choice of soft or firm pillows. Plenty of hot water for 4 of us and great water pressure. Boys swam in the pool, little chilly, but who cares. Breakfast was good and plenty to go around. Quiet no loud ppl to keep u up either. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a pleasant review. We appreciate all your comments and would love to have you stay with us again.

Please note, we have recently put in brand new Yours Truly Bedding and it's wonderful. Be sure to come by and check it out!

We also offer full hot buffet breakfast, 32" LCD TVs, Suite Rooms, and have amazing front desk staff working with us.

Chris

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter, grandchildren and I stayed at this hotel last weekend (June 13-15, 2014). We arrived at 2:30pm which I will admit was earlier than the check-in time. It turns out the previous guests had only left an hour earlier (despite check out is 11am). We were warned the room probably had not been cleaned yet. They were right, it was a disaster area. We quickly changed for the affair we were there to attend, put all our luggage in the closet as instructed by the staff and left. When we returned at 11pm that night, we found no sheets, pillows or blankets for the sofa bed.
The next morning we went down for the complimentary breakfast only to discover not enough tables and chairs for the guests. We sat in the lobby, the kids sat on the floor at the coffee table. There was also a problem with the toaster, only one side of the 4 slice toaster was working, making for a line of people wanting toast or english muffins.
The rest of our stay there was fine.
The staff was friendly, apologetic and helpful. The price was right, which is why I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margie S
Comfortinnandsuitesc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad you had a generally enjoyable experience, but I regret that you were given a room that has not yet been cleaned despite your early arrival. This is contrary to our policy and should not have happened, and that accounts for it not being properly serviced before your return. I apologize for any ways we failed you and promise we have made changes to make sure everything runs more smoothly in future.

Hotel Manager