“Nice clean hotel”

Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We ended up here when our other hotel was unsatisfactory. With all taxes we paid $124.00 for three of us for the night. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, and we had no problems. We got up too late for breakfast and since we came in late did not use any other facilities. The service at the desk was pleasant. Overall, a little more than I wanted to pay, but a good hotel.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, because my daughter & son in law live less than a mile away. As a back story, I worked at the Gaylord OPRYLAND Resort in Nashville, so I have very very high expectations when I stay in a hotel. And I have to say, this place met them all. The rooms are spacious, they are clean (and yes, I check the tips of the pictures etc.), they are new. I stayed in a room right across from the pool & had no issues at all with noise. The neighborhood is not bad. Even though I live here down, I am not going to hesitate to take a weekend away & stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindy J
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the worst stay I ever had there. The shower leaked water. The staff was not friendly and rude. The women at the desk overcharged me when I asked her what was being charged to my card and she lied about it. She also was interrupting me on the phone when I was talking to her saying no no no no. When I asked her, her name she hung up the phone on me. She is so disrespectful. did not enjoy my stay. MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT! I will get one from now on before I pay for anything! The staff needs to be retrained about customer service and how to speak to people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bianca J
comfortinnva455, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Chesapeake.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in 2010 while my husband was a patient at Maryview Hospital. My husband had better accommodations. I got no sleep during my 2 night stay because cheerleaders were practicing in front of the hotel and in the hallways during the entire night. (Management refused to shut them down.) I had no hot water the second night, was promised by front desk this would be fixed by the morning (it wasn't). There was a coffee maker in my room but no coffee packs were ever provided to brew in it. I reported all this as I checked out but the clerk offered no more than a blank stare. Later, at home, I wrote to the corporate office and they offered me 10% off my next stay at a Comfort Inn- as if I would ever stay at another Comfort Inn! I mention this 4 year old incident because I recently visited a friend who stayed at the SAME hotel to be close to her BF who was also a patient at Maryview. I was not surprised to hear her stay was as bad, if not worse, than mine... People up all night filling ice chests from ice machines, children running up and down stairwells, no coffee in room, complimentary breakfast completely gone for breakfast latecomers, etc. I see my letter to corporate did no good four years ago. I haven't stayed at a comfort inn (or affiliates) since and won't be staying at one anytime soon.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
1  Thank DrewAdare

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your friend recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on your friend's recent or your's 2010 visit. I have shared your feedback with our management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

As per our record shows for last four year we never had no booking's for cheerleaders group. If we not mistaking you might be talking about any other property.

we apolozize for your friends who stayed with us according to you but you didn't mention the guest name please accept our apologies for the incoveneince that you had four year's ago and for your friend who recently stayed with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel staff was very professional and helpful. Hotel was clean and suites were outstanding. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Would consider staying again. Hotel was 45 minutes from beach and easy on and off interstate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
comfortinnva455, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. We are happy that our staff were able to make your stay a good one.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

On 6/25/2014 I mistakenly made a reservation at this hotel, thinking I was reserving at the Comfort Suites. Within an hour of making the reservation, I discovered that it was the wrong hotel. The desk person at the Comfort Suites called this hotel and told them of the mistake. I then also spoke with the desk person at the Comfort Inn and Suites. He said he would cancel the reservation. Today I discovered a charge on my credit card for $106 and when I called was told that nothing could be done.

Since I stay in hotels an average of 3-4 nights a week, I occasionally encounter problems where I will not be able to get to the hotel I have reserved. NEVER has any hotel charged me when I have called and explained the situation.

I feel the actions of the Comfort Inn & Suites in Chesapeake speaks poorly of their customer service. I am a platinum status member of Choice Privileges.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlwaysOnTheRoad961
comfortinnva455, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank You for your comments. I apologize for the misunderstanding that took place at our front desk at our hotel. While our personnel are instructed to honor the rates transmitted to us from the choice reservation center.
We are sorry that you were unable to utilize the accomodation that were held for you . Because your reservation was guaranteed, we held your room throughout the night in anticipation of your arrival, and processed the charge to your credit card as no-show billing to recoup the revenue we lost by holding this room.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was immaculate, comfortable beds, quiet and very cozy. I would stay again and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves comfort away from home! I usually don't sleep well away from home but I must admit, I slept like a baby!

1  Thank Saraya B

Dear Guest,

Thnak you for taking time to write us such a pleasent review.

We appreciate you sharing your comments with others. We are glad that you choose our hotel to stay and your experience was awesome and as per your expectations.

We appreciate all your comments and would love to have you stay with us.