“Authentic cuisine!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. Growing up my family was stationed in Turkey for a couple of years and I can tell you this place is the real deal. The iskendar is made of beef instead of lamb but is still delicious. The red lentil soup was amazing! Will definitely be back.

2  Thank whittjre
There are newer reviews for Kervan Kebab House

Reviewed 21 March 2013

ordered take-out. Food was ready quickly and was quite delicious. Presentation of food was very cute also. The restaurant also has lots of turkish food 'items' you can buy from a rack to take with you including biscuits, sweets, drinks, etc.

Prices are very reasonable. I got a veggie sampler for $9 and a iskender plate for $9 - more than enough for complete dinner for less then $20.

1  Thank love2lovetravel
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I went there twice with a friend. The first time was the trial, the second was a return to enjoy their food once again. It's a small place tucked away in a strip mall. Clean, nicely decorated and family owned and run (I think). Service was personal and courteous. The gentleman helped us with making the right choices for our order and gave us his own recommendations based on our liking. Food was ready without a long wait and was fresh and delicious.

I'll definitely go there again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank DocMoMan
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This small strip-mall joint serves up surprisingly delicious fare. Don't miss the homemade bourek, a to-die-for spinch-and-cheese-filled flaky pastry. A large portion costs only $3. The stuffed grape leaves are flavorful and lemony, and served warm. The Iskender plate is a huge portion of beef doner, pita bread, tomato sauce, yogurt and fragrant rice. All highly recommended. The large chicken shish kebab sandwich is okay, not outstanding, although the accompanying yogurt sauce is especially yummy. We finished off our meal with Turkish coffee and a generous portion of flaky baklava containing a nice balance of honey and nuts and phyllo. Despite the counter service and small dining room, we received gracious service, and our meal was served on real dishes, not plastic. We'll definitely be returning.

1  Thank DebN860
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I found this restaurant on the Yahoo search page under Meditterean cuisine. This family owned establishment represents the turkish culture quite well. The dining area was very clean and inviting. I ordered the Chicken Plate (salad, 2 skewers of grilled chicken, cup of rice with a special sauce, grilled tomato & onion), Beef Donar (Turkish Gyro - lettuce, tomato, onions, yogurt sauce), Stuffed Grape leaves, and hot turkish tea. Osman the owner was very pleasant and ensures that my order was to my liking. The food was ver tastful and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Yardman71