“Kind of shabby” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Studios 4 Less

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chesapeake
Studios 4 Less
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Kind of shabby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

This property is about two or three years beyond a serious facelift. The frame around the door to the Office and around the entrance doors to the building in which I stayed (Building B, I believe) look as though they have been used as targets in a demolition derby. The room in which I stayed was clean (except for some mold around portions of the the base of the shower enclosure), but the furnishings were cheap-looking. Perhaps I was expecting too much, since it is a Marriott property. But at a rate of just over $100/night (tax included) I thought I should be able to expect something a little less shabby.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Very convenient to the highway on the way to the outer Banks. Needed a place with two separate rooms and this was perfect. It was dated, but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The double room is priced very nicely and well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JimOKelly
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I am a marriott rewards member and every time we travel to Virginia Beach area we stay at a marriott hotel...Customer service is great, the pool area is great as wel, but the rooms have a horrible mildew smell as soon as I walked into the room we couldnt breathe and I call the front desk and they change my room right away the second room same issue but not as strong so I called and they didnt have any rooms available to switch me again so we stayed in that room being that we were gone all day and just had the room to sleep in, I purchased candles and air freshners to cover up the smell and it worked, on the second night we all had a sore throat and runny noses from the mildew smell...the furniture was very old and had stains, I always stayed at a courtyard or fairfield inn and thats what I will continue to stay, Please dont waste your money in this hotel full of mold.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Michellee0315

Travellers are raving about these Chesapeake hotels

Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Can't leave 3 and a half star review, so I'll be nice and up it to 4. We were at this hotel for 4 days. Overall it's a nice, quiet hotel. Contrary to a few older reviews I've read, the hotel's only a mile away from several malls, restaurants, and large shopping plazas, so it's very convenient. It's also only around 20 minutes from VA Beach. Yes, the room was a little on the old school side (tube TVs, older furniture) but it was more than adequate--didn't do down there to watch TV anyway!

My issue was with the customer service of the front desk and cleaning staff. Very friendly, heart-warming smiles, and could charm your pants off in a conversation. Alas, they were a tad too forgetful. If they promised to bring it up, they never would, so I'd wind up getting what we needed from the desk. One night I called asking for towels, and after an hour or so of waiting wound up just going to get them from the desk myself. Same thing happened the next day when asking for kitchen supplies. Overall it's probably not a great way to gain a repeat customer.

The cleaning service did a poor job though. The only reason we knew the room had even been touched was because the used towels and garbage were gone. Room wasn't really picked up or vacuumed, and they barely even made the bed! After that, we left the Do not Disturb sign up and got our own towels and supplies.

I'd recommend this place because the plusses outweighed the minuses. However, I'd stay there again after a year or so, hoping that they may have a new cleaning staff and guest service hosts with a better memory. Other than those minor inconveniences, I enjoyed the hotel itself.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

Nice place for the money!!! The staff is very nice and any issue is quickly resolved. My mattress was uncomfortable and they quickly brought me another one when i called the front desk. I got anything i asked for within mns of calling the front desk. I m very difficult when it comes to hotels but i liked it. They provide you paper towels, diswasher soap, flatware.......even laundry soap for free

• Stayed August 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMTPS, General Manager at Studios 4 Less, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
We thank you for your recent review of our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Chesapeake, Virginia. We are glad you enjoyed some of our guest room amenities like paper towels, flatware, laundry soap and the excellent staff service that you experienced during your stay.

On behalf of the staff at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Chesapeake, we look forward to your return visit. During your next stay with us, please take advantage of wonderful outdoor pool and exercise room.

At your service,

Dee Muff
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed in a 2BR suite overnight on a stop over from the Northeast to the Outer Banks. Room was nice, the furniture was a bit dated and the carpet was very dark. Beds were very comfortable. Overall a good stay and would go again.
Pros:
Check in was quick and efficient.
Grab and Go breakfast was enough for our appeties – cereal bars, granola bars, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, whole fruit, fruit cups, juices, milk and coffee/tea.
Outdoor gazebo was good for breakfast and dinner.
Pool was a perfect size and a good temperature.
Front desk staff very courteous and willing to help.
Housekeeping staff was excellent and offered to help. One housekeeper went to get me a port-a-crib right away (complete with brand new sheet and cover) and another housekeeper tracked down a luggage cart for my use.
Cons:
Calls to the front desk required letting the phone to ring for quite a long time.
Needed to call maintenance due to the TV letting off smoke, TV was replaced but the response time was very long.
Pool doesn’t open until 10AM because maintenance person has to check levels of chemical and he doesn’t get in until 9 AM.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank IIMFD
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Chesapeake, Virginia. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us both pros and cons. The hotel staff is working extremely hard to make improvements to our hotel. Our goal is to be the best hotel in the brand!

We hope you will return to our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Chesapeake on your next visit to the Outer Banks. You may contact me by calling (757) 523-5004 and I will personally make your reservation.

At your service,

Dee Muff
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

We spent 10 day in June 2009 in the Virginia/North Carolina area. We stayed at the Marriott Townplace Suites in Chesapeake, VA. Since there were three adults we needed a suite with two bedrooms, so this place was ideal. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was gracious and most helpful. During our stay in the area we visited many places including Nags Head, Norfolk, Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Richmond. Jamestown, however, was by far our favorite. We had the most fun there and plan to return again one day.

GMTPS, General Manager at Studios 4 Less, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
We appreciate your feedback. Our staff strives to be the best TownePlace Suites by Marriott in the brand. Our goal is to provide a room that is clean and comfortable that reflects the highest quality standards in addition to the most excellent service.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments! We hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to the Virginia/North Carolina area.

D. Muff