“Superb customer service!!!”

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Superb customer service!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed overnight for an interview in-town to relocate to the area...the room was good but, Ronnie at the front desk went above and beyond. Upon check-in, I observed him helping every guest speedily and multitasking as he worked the desk by himself. Little did I know he would end up helping me resolve an issue later on that very evening and he was extremely professional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KJnMM
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Keisha J,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. I am glad to know that you received superb service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comment's with the rest of my staff, as your comments assist us in recognizing when "good customer service" is being delivered. I am glad to know that Ronnie was able to assist you in a prompt and hospitable manner.
Our goal is for all of our guests to have a positive experience with us.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Morrison, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My sister and I stayed 2 nights while we were in town for our cousin's wedding and were a little uneasy upon pulling in the parking lot. There were people standing around everywhere...on the balcony, in front of doors, etc. Honestly, the place looks like a dump and you feel like your in the ghetto.
The lady who checked me in was friendly. She did, however, give me a working room key to a room that was already occupied by someone else! I took it back and she did apologize and gave me another room.
I was so surprised to find the room clean and modern. The bed was comfortable, and if you keep your AC running, then it helps drown out the noise from outside. The housekeeping staff the next morning were very nice and friendly.
The day we checked out, we opened the door to find that someone had vomited on the sidewalk right outside our door, and then my sister almost stepped in dog crap when loading the car.
Nicest thing about this place is the rooms. They are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location clean and my staff friendly. I apologize for any inconvenience the other guests may have caused during your stay. It is always our goal for you to have the best experience we can provide.
We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you the next time that you are in the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you looking for overnight stay than only two thing sleep quality and cleaningness should matter. This motel provides both of them.

Props:
1. Comfortable bed.
2. Clean bathroom
3. Wifi worked for us.

Cons:
1. Breakfast should be included.
2. Rooms have safe locker but no refrigerator or microwave oven.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with others. I am glad you enjoyed the clean and comfortable room. Next time that you are in the area, you might want to try our Superior King room. It comes with microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, and coffee maker for just a few dollars more. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

So this hotel totally surprised me. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean. The house keepers were very nice and super friendly. I forgot my IPad in the room after check out and they called me right away. They even mailed it to me!!! Awesome staff I will stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Maria R
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Maria R,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the comfy room and my staff. Most importantly, I am glad that your Ipad made it safely back to you. Thanks again for choosing us for your lodging needs.
We will look forward to seeing you, the next time you are in our area.
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The best thing about Red Roof is that they are pet friendly and they do not charge you a paw and a back leg! Staff was nice! The location is proximity to Norfolk and Va. beach so it was a life saver for us because we had to bring the dog! I would suggest locking and using the safe provided there were some late night people just sitting in cars in the parking lot at 2 am after coming back from concert in Norfolk arguing and playing loud music! Did not last long after I took my dog a walk! Woof! Woof!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us. Being pet friendly, we are a convenient choice for guests going to the beach or attending concerts in Virginia Beach. We enjoyed all of the "Parrot Heads" that were in town for the Jimmy Buffet concert.
We hope to see you next time that you are in the area.
Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed two days the weekend before last. We had a very good experience. Ronnie was particularly helpful in assisting us with local information and directions. We like the cost vs the benefits: WiFi worked fine. Staff was very nice at all times. We attended a function at the Chesapeake Conference Center and we only needed to walk across the Marriott parking lot and we were there. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary L
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Gary L,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Chesapeake while attending your function.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Thank very much for sharing your experience with others
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This Red Roof Inn (Come on you know it's going to be clean, it's a Red Roof!) is exceptional. I made the mistake of taking a packed car of friends to Virginia beach, but was not punished by the rate of booking 2 rooms for us. It came out to be the same price as most hotels of similar quality would charge you for one room! Thank you Red Roof Inn Chesapeake. ALSO don't be fooled fellow land-lubbers. This motel is a zip to the beach if you just hop on I-264 and plan to stay there a few hours, then the drive is not bad at all!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Sawyer C,
Thank you for sharing your most recent visit with others. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and were able to save quite a bit of money by staying here in Chesapeake. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the beach.