“Price deciding factor”

Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
East Coast
“Price deciding factor”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Price was the deciding factor in choosing this hotel. Rate was good and then found a coupon online for an additional discount. Made a visit to Virginia Beach affordable even though 40 minutes away.

Staff very friendly and thorough.

Room not as big as expected but clean. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast is 'Grab and Go' which means prepackaged muffins and granola bars.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 25 July 2013
The team and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm glad to hear that the staff was very friendly and thorough towards you. Our housekeeping department appreciate you comments regarding the cleanliness of the room upon check in.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our "Grab n Go" Breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Being from out of town, not knowing the area, and trusting the pics on the website was a bad idea. The rooms were nothing like the pictures, and the clientele (not to be mean) are not what you'd want to expose your family to. There were a number of what I'd call "rif-raff" type people hanging around outside the property smoking, and being loud. So when you entered you had to walk thru a wall of cigarette smoke right there in the doorway. Then during out stay the hallways smelled of weed, and heavy air fresheners to "cover" the smell of the weed. Then of all things there were 3 or 4 local cops walking the hallways for several hours....one of which was a K-9 cop with his dog walking all the hallways having his dog "sniff" all the doors in the establishment searching for drugs. From what I gathered talking to some of the patrons in the hotel was that expensive items such as laptops, Iphones, TV's were being stolen right from the rooms. We will never return and will tell everyone coming to this area to avoid this spot! For what it's worth, the best we can say is that the desk staff was very friendly, even though we were concerned for out safety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VAGENE
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with the comforts of home, so I'm disappointed to hear that we failed at that mission. As this hotel's manager I assure you that Churchland is a safe environment, and to uphold our company high standards we ask that Police Officer's walk our property randomly for security purposes. Guest safety is our number one priority, so we are continually working to ensure this is offered at all times.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guest, so we are thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I got a pretty good deal on this hotel- $460 for 7 nights during the July 4 holiday. I chose this location because it is about the halfway point between Williamsburg and Virginia Beach, which were the two locations I would be visiting most. The staff are very friendly and accommodating for the most part. When we arrived, we checked our bed sheets and found some hairs on them as well as the pillows. We brought the sheets down to the lobby and got a replacement right away.

The rooms look nothing like the stock photos on the Website!!! Our kitchen consisted of two electric burners, a space to either cut up some veggies or to dry some plates, and a sink. So, not much room. There is a sauté pan and a pot to use, as well as a toaster, coffee maker, and utensils.

I probably would not return to this hotel again, mostly because it did not meet the expectations that I had from looking at the photos on the extended stay website as well as the photos on trip advisor.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ElaineNJ13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Elaine - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know the situation you described regarding the bedding in your room is truly unacceptable. We are sorry for your experience and please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team and we are taking action to ensure this does not happen again. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that our hotel is more in line with our company's standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel, and so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. We hope you that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.
Chesapeake
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Clean, cheap room with all requested amenities. Cheerful, helpful staff. Location made it hard to find, but worth effort. Discovered grap-n-go breakfast this time -- good coffee. Nicer than other Extended Stay used before.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Baronvanv
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Nothing fancy. Clean, basic lodging. Small, cramped room & bathroom. Meager but adequate kitchen facilities. Most basic things OK... plenty of hot water, AC worked OK, etc. Very friendly and helpfull staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank W P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that our staff was very friendly and helpful during your stay. As well, we are happy to read that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travel needs bring you back in the area.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel once or twice a year for the past four years. I have always enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is convenient to my friends in Portsmouth and is very good value for the money. I do feel 'at home away from home' here. The staff is friendly and professional, and very responsive. The new breakfast is a thoughtful addition.

My only nitpick is the neatness of the area in front of the door. I commented on it my last trip, and this time it was better but still not as inviting as it could be. Don't let it spoil your impression, though, because the moment you walk in that door everything is excellent.

An example of the 'little touches' -- the soap has nubbins on one side, to help it drain. I've been in a lot of hotels, some of them much fancier than this, and I've never seen that before.

Room Tip: I personally like the first floor, convenient to the lobby and laundry. That's what I asked for...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bayla2
The staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I have addressed the neatness of the front lobby area with the staff, and we are continuing to focus our efforts on improving this area. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed our new amenities and you felt at home while staying with us.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have enjoyed the very friendly staff and thier eagerness to make my stay comfortable as well as enjoyable. The front desk, especially Rudy, is always helpful, cheerful and willing to take care of any issue/need, immediately.
Thank you sincerely for making my stay here one to remember in a very possitive way!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank phyllis c
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Phyllis - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about your stay with us! We are delighted that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Most of all I'm overjoyed that our staff, especially Rudy, was able to establish such a beautiful rapport with you, which created such a strong impact on your stay.

Thank you for remembering us in a very positive way, most of all thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.