Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Suffolk, Virginia
“review”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

the Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the hotel was clean and neat. DeWane the maintenance Engineer provides outstanding service!!!! Enjoyed the grab and go breakfast.Close to the bases here also. Close proximity to the Naval and Coast Guard basases as well as to the areas tourist attraction.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the level of cleanliness in your room. Our staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay while lodging at our hotel. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Dewayne.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to you staying with us again, should your travel needs bring to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've been visiting Portsmouth VA once or twice a year for about 6 years now, and I've always enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay.America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd. I've stayed here almost every time (sometimes a friend offers hospitality).

The place is clean and quiet, well kept up (except sometimes the trash bin outside the front door overflows.

The kitchen has a microwave, refrigerator, sink and stovetop (no conventional oven). Dishes and tableware for two are provided, as well as basic cooking equipment. There are several supermarkets and fast-food restaurants nearby

The front desk folks have always been cheerfully helpful.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, since I have some physical challenges. My rooms usually face the parking lo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 6 September 2013
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you at the Churchland property once or twice a year. It is great to know that you were satisfied with the services we provided and willing to give feedback so that we can improve as needed.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. I will make sure the staff keep a closer eye on the trash can located in the front entrance. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Hotel information need updates. The website points to indoor pool in this hotel which was a strong factor to consider it when I made my reservation. I was disappointed when I discovered there was no pool in the hotel, and the information was incorrect. I showed a staff member what is on the website about the pool, and I asked them to remove this incorrect information.
Staff were friendly in general. Special thanks to Duane.

Rooms were OK, after I changed them with staff help.
Breakfast items need improvement.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that the information about the pool posted on the website was incorrect. I know that is one the reasons you choose our location. As this Hotel's Manager, I can assure you that I have looked into this matter and corrections will be made. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We continually work to improve our hotel, so again I really appreciate you providing us with feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at out hotel the next time your in town.
Grand Bay, Alabama
Reviewed 8 August 2013

the Staff were very friendly and helpful. Close to a lot of the areas tourist attraction. Close to the bases here also. Rooms were clean and the hotel was clean and neat. Enjoyed the grab and go breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Adelia - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and you got to enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Warrington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I choose this hotel for it convenient location for my visit and the price. The room was small, but ok for one person for 2 nights. Plus things, Nice big TV and I liked that the window could be opened for fresh air. That being said, it would not lock again. I had to use a piece of dowel wood to lock it at night. Room was 225 if management wants to check it out. I should have reported it, but just didn't get around to it as I was extremely busy. The front desk attendant was extremely nice. Also like that their was a guard patrolling the lobby and parking lot. The room was clean, they offered free Wi-Fi and grab and go breakfast (but get there early!)

On the down side, 2 desk type chairs to go with the table. An empty toilet paper roll in bathroom. Not a big deal, but something that should not be over looked. There was a new roll there to put on. I was surprised at no hairdryer. First time in 20 years I stayed someplace and there was no hair dryer in the room. My fault I guess for not reading the amenities, but they supplied one for me to use. The minimal plates and cups in the cabinets will give you a hernia trying to pick up, but at least they were clean. Freezer part of frig is so full of frost, you can barely fit the trays in it. Needs to be defrosted asap. It was also a bit noisy in my section. Quite a few people slamming doors and talking loud.

I'm not sure that I would stay here again. I think I will opt to spend a bit more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
East Coast
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Price was the deciding factor in choosing this hotel. Rate was good and then found a coupon online for an additional discount. Made a visit to Virginia Beach affordable even though 40 minutes away.

Staff very friendly and thorough.

Room not as big as expected but clean. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast is 'Grab and Go' which means prepackaged muffins and granola bars.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 25 July 2013
The team and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm glad to hear that the staff was very friendly and thorough towards you. Our housekeeping department appreciate you comments regarding the cleanliness of the room upon check in.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our "Grab n Go" Breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Being from out of town, not knowing the area, and trusting the pics on the website was a bad idea. The rooms were nothing like the pictures, and the clientele (not to be mean) are not what you'd want to expose your family to. There were a number of what I'd call "rif-raff" type people hanging around outside the property smoking, and being loud. So when you entered you had to walk thru a wall of cigarette smoke right there in the doorway. Then during out stay the hallways smelled of weed, and heavy air fresheners to "cover" the smell of the weed. Then of all things there were 3 or 4 local cops walking the hallways for several hours....one of which was a K-9 cop with his dog walking all the hallways having his dog "sniff" all the doors in the establishment searching for drugs. From what I gathered talking to some of the patrons in the hotel was that expensive items such as laptops, Iphones, TV's were being stolen right from the rooms. We will never return and will tell everyone coming to this area to avoid this spot! For what it's worth, the best we can say is that the desk staff was very friendly, even though we were concerned for out safety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VAGENE
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with the comforts of home, so I'm disappointed to hear that we failed at that mission. As this hotel's manager I assure you that Churchland is a safe environment, and to uphold our company high standards we ask that Police Officer's walk our property randomly for security purposes. Guest safety is our number one priority, so we are continually working to ensure this is offered at all times.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guest, so we are thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.