Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Ghetto!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Umm how bout no..I usually stay in greenbrier area when I get a hotel ( any hotel in that area is better than this hotel).
1st the price I reserved online was not the price I had to pay when arrived
2nd the staff is ghetto ... Had to go through a 30 min process to check in and I was the only person
3rd...I'm a young women a lot of thugs and wackos staying for weeks there...and they hassle u. They also hang outside late night never felt safe..couldn't wait to leave nEVeR again

1 Thank Mara J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Mara - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am very sorry that our staff did not provide you with an efficient check-in process and that there was confusion with your nightly rates. These issues are being looked into and I am working to correct them as soon as possible. As well, please know we take guest safety very seriously. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are taking action as needed so that our guests feel at home when visiting our hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I can't get over how cheap this room was for how nice it was. The room was awesome, the kitchenette was great, and the stuff was friendly and helpful. I simply don't understand what is wrong with people when they are reviewing this place. Do you think it is supposed to be a Hilton or something? The only setbacks at all are the fact that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, and that the internet is only adequate - not blazing. I only mention this because as soon as you sign in, they offer you "accelerated" internet at an extra daily rate. KIND of tacky, if you ask me, but I can live with it. Other than that, great staff, great room, clean, and cozy. I would have come on here and written a glowing review even if the cutie at the front desk hadn't asked me to on my way out!

Room Tip: The Chinese place down the road is great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 19 May 2014
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your clean, cozy room and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our friendly, helpful staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your great remarks with our entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

So.... I couldn't get into my favorite hotel this trip and I needed a back up plan. I finally found this hotel around 10 pm after driving 8+ hours. When I arrived at the front desk a very nice gentleman asked me "Would you like a snack?" I was so surprised I had him to repeat himself. I thought to myself, how pleasant to receive this gift. Though only a small bag of popcorn, the gesture was unexpected and greatly appreciated. That small attention to detail really made my stay memorable. Thank you Extended Stay staff for your customer service.

Room Tip: i personally liked the first floor for easy entry and exiting w/out waiting on the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I really appreciate your comments regarding the popcorn you received upon arrival. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am happy to hear that we met this goal. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

They are true to their motto as a home away from home, even down to the cooking recipes for stove top and microwave. The location is centered around "everything" :) But Hey Scrappy334 - I didn't get any free popcorn! But it's all good, I had my own microwavable popcorn!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations by providing a"home away from home"! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Away From Home Cooking book, but are truly apologetic that you did not get your free popcorn.

I hope that you will stay with us again because we owe you two bags of popcorn now!!! In short, we love to offer these amenities to our guests and again thank you for your time and Happy Holidays!!!
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I come here all the time and I just love the service that they have to offer it's a wonderful experience and the free popcorn is defiantly a plus that's why I will continue to come to the extended stay

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience with Extended Stay America/Churchland. I'm delighted to here that you stay with us frequently and enjoy the items we offer from our short term amenities basket, your choice being the popcorn!!!

Again thank you for you review and we look forward to you lodging with us in the future.
Suffolk
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I arrived on Saturday night and the hotel parking lot and foyer area were free of crackheads, no rowdy parties which usually are a warning sign. The main lobby was clean and the front desk auditor, whose name was Kenya was very helpful and cheerful. She had a great attitude.... I checked in very quickly and proceeded to the third floor, my room was the closest one to the elevator which was nice. Once inside I realized for the money that this place was awesome, a place for everything and everything in its place ! Four pillows on the bed, flat screen and WiFi, nice shower and small efficient kitchen area. It had everything I needed, I couldn't have asked for more !

Room Tip: I asked for one on the third floor to be far away from the travel noise on the first floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 27 November 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding Kenya and the overall service you received from our staff. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room and the amenities we had to offer.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to you lodging with us in the near future.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

the Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the hotel was clean and neat. DeWane the maintenance Engineer provides outstanding service!!!! Enjoyed the grab and go breakfast.Close to the bases here also. Close proximity to the Naval and Coast Guard basases as well as to the areas tourist attraction.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the level of cleanliness in your room. Our staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay while lodging at our hotel. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Dewayne.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to you staying with us again, should your travel needs bring to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#30 of 42 in Chesapeake
Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk
Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake

Been to Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Address: 3214 Churchland Blvd, Chesapeake, VA 23321-5206
Region: United States > Virginia > Chesapeake
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Business Hotel in Chesapeake
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd Hotel Chesapeake