“No Service”

Kelly's Tavern
Ranked #320 of 498 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chesapeake, Virginia
“No Service”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Went to Kelly's in Chesapeake, shown to a table. No one showed up after ten minutes at the table so we left. On the way out the hostess asked why we were leaving and we told her. She wished us a good evening, but no offer to correct the situation. Discussion with friends indicated we were not the only ones this had happened to. Been to Kelly's in Norfolk and loved it. No excuse for this treatment in Chesapeake. No need to return. There are other places to go.

5 Thank Barry K

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Never again”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My mother and I visited this place because of the location. We had to wait to be seated, not because they were busy, but because there was no one in front. When we were finally seated, it took the waiter 10 minutes to get us drinks and another 10 minutes to come back and take our order. After taking our order, it took 30 minutes for the food to come out. We also waited 15 minutes for him to get our check and payment. In all, we wasted 1 hour and 45 minutes in this place for food that was not even good. It is in a good location with a great view, but that is not worth the wait for ok food.

My mother got the roast beef sandwich and clam chowder, which she said was ok. I had the special of the day, which was blackened tilapia with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. The broccoli looked like they picked it straight from the ground and put it in the plate (see picture). The fish was undercooked and the mashed potatoes were tasteless.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank globaltrekster
Yonkers, New York
“Graduation Party”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Kelly's accommodated our graduation party at the last minute when my daughter-in-law was afraid we would get rained out at the park where the party had been planned. There were a lot of little ones and she wanted to have lots of room for them to run.
We had a good size private party room.
All enjoyed the finger foods, and the lunch that was served. Our waiter was wonderful, he bent over backwards to make my granddaughter's surprise party a success.
I would love to go back there the next time we are in town for dinner.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Margie S
New York City, New York
“Very Good Hamburgers!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My friends and I went to Kellys Tavern while were visiting Chesapeake on a recommendation from my other friends. We went twice within four days – once for lunch and once for dinner. The four of us had the burger each time, but with different toppings. I had a plain burger the first time and a mushroom and cheese burger the next (there is a full page of different types of hamburgers on their menu), and it was juicy and delicious. There was a discount on the beer for dinner and the menu indicated the discount between 5pm to 7pm. There is a large bar that seats around 30 people as soon as you enter but we sat at the booths next to the window overlooking the water. The service was great and my friend, who ordered the iced tea, got at least five top-ups in his glass. We will definitely return to Kellys the next time we’re in the Chesapeake area for their burgers, but may try the other items on the menu.

• Visited February 2013
“Good burgers but that's about it”
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

If you aren't ordering a burger the.n the good is just ok. The views are great of the lockes in warmer weather.