“If I could rate it with fewer stars I would.”

Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“If I could rate it with fewer stars I would.”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

After driving for 12 hours on the road, we arrived at the hotel which smelled of mold and the heating/cooling unit in the room was extremely loud. When we complained the front desk the staff seemed very tired and dismissive. We were transferred to another room where the bathroom fan was even louder than the heating/cooling unit in the initial room where we were placed. This room also smelled of mold, and there was mold one of the pillows.The lights flickered and buzzed a few seconds before illuminating. There was peeling paint in the bathroom. No toiletries were offered other than two bars of soap. The pillows had large yellow stains on them and smelled badly. The bedspreads smelled like arm pits and unwashed @ss. We initially booked the room for four days, we checked out in less than 12 hours. When we left we showed the pillow to Robert at the front desk. His only question was 'There wasn't a pillow case on the pillow?' They offered no compensation, no number to corporate office or customer service and barely an acknowledgement of our complaints. Im really disgusted and regret even booking this hotel. Save your money and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Dont waste your time or your money.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank K W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Desk clerk on 10/15/12 who was there around 10:00 am was very helpful & courteous. We needed to check in a little earlier than what we said when the reservation was made. We were allowed to check in at no additional cost & was made to feel very welcome int he process. The rooms had more features than I expected & was very happy with everything.

Room Tip: Very courteous staff
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, 21 November 2012

East Northport, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Based on the reviews and the cost I expected a much better property. The towels were thin, worn and scrappy. Duct tape on the dresser hiding a crack, no shampoos or toiletries other then 2 bars of soap in the bath, stained carpet, AND a nasty bed spread. Overall expected much more, and really felt it wasn't the cleanest. Was supposed to get a king bed but turned out the king room was a smoking room so settled for a queen room instead. Honestly with all the choices in the area, I probably wouldn’t go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stay here regularly and I am satisfied everytime. The staff is great to work with and are always so accomadating to whatever you may need. If it's not right they will go out of their way to fix it. To me the cleanliness of the room is like that of any other resort. The rooms are clean and effiecient. They are great if you are staying for any length of time because you have a small kitchenette and don't have to go out to eat every night. For me it is comfortable, clean and the staff is wonderfull!!! Since I stay there a lot it is like a home away from home.
Side bonus there are a lot of shopping areas nearby and restaurants....so whatever you may be looking for it is all right there and very easy to get to from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa R
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Not a resort, this hotel is perfect for a convenient budget minded stay in this area. We stayed here to break up a longer road trip. Hotels are all over the place and there is a MAJOR shopping center within half a mile. Plenty of nearby choices for food or meals out. A family stay, the 2 bed double is a little tight. There is a kitchenette in the room and a flat screen with SHO tv. Free parking. Bathroom is OK save for a very loud fan that automatically runs when the light is on. Everything was clean, lobby area very stylish and inviting. Interior entry for the rooms (no observed luggage carts) Elevator WIFI free & not so bad. Towels chintzy. BYO pillow. Oh, no free breakfast so if that is Important to you I'd bring milk and cereal or some foods or attempt to sneak into the other nearby hotels that do offer it. Has anyone ever room key carded for that?

In this area, with soooo many hotels, I would go with Priceline name your own price. They are all on one road, sort of the way airport hotels set up. I got this one for $38. The going rate was $72 on all the internet sites. Passed by the motel RED ROOF with a low ball $54 rate on the marquis. Not unhappy with the decision at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a king if your party has 2 or less! Double beds so small. Room 123 can hear music from ni...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DEBarbie
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2012

When I first arrived, there was a mix-up with my reservation through the site in which I had booked it. The night concierge was very pleasant and patient in helping me figure out the situation. Once everything was settled I went to my room on the second floor and was very pleased with the size of the room, condition of the room and most importantly the fully equipped kitchen. Now I can't speak for everyone but I travel alot and sometimes I really have a craving for a specific food where restaurants and take-out just wont hit the spot so to have the ability to prepare some dishes was a major plus for me.

The day time concierge was just as helpful and courteous, Robert I think. It was coveniently located close enough to the highway to get to and from O.D.U campus in Norfolk but far enough for me not to be bothered by highway noise.

It's close to many restaurants and a mall (I do prefer to shop a McArthur's though :-))

As I said it was a great and comfortable stay even though the t.v set was a bit dated but who needs a plasma when there are so many other great things to go outside and do with great people.

I most certainly plan to stay there again on my next trip to VA in late April!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

New York
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This place is absolutely ok if you're there for business, price vs service is good - especially when you travel with your dog. Rooms are clean, flat screen TV, small kitchen with stove/microwave/fridge. All ok.

The things I didn't like:
- Terrible lights, not bright enough
- Internet Speed is far away from HighSpeed... practically impossible to work, might be ok if you're 80 and patient while waiting for your web page / email to load
- Had to tell them to empty trash & clean the room

I would stay again if I travel with my dog, but otherwise I guess I would choose the Wingate next door... which can be offering similar prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side which faces the Wingate - they have faster Internet ;-)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business