“Valentine's night”

Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

First off the lady who checked us in and out was wonderful loved her I think her name was elda I dont know how to spell it so sorry. But my husband and I love it here this is our number one choice when it comes to us getting our nights away from kids.its always clean every one is very friendly. The rooms are always spacious no matter what floor you are on.kitchen is nice so you dont have to go out. Its quiet no loud stuff going on the beds are lovely and thats a hard one for me cause I only like certain beds.the only thing I wish they had an indoor pool ..we will be back in a month or two and will be staying here as always thank you for the hard work every one puts in at this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and the convenience of having a kitchen in your suite. As well, it is great to know that are staff provided you with such great service.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My (now) ex-wife and I stayed here, back when it was an InTown Suites establishment. We were traveling through the area due to work-related issues and she booked a weekend stay here prior to us arriving. Upon stepping foot into our room, I knew the forthcoming days were going to be absolutely miserable. And boy, was I right!

Where to begin.. The room itself had probably seen it's share of casualties, given the stains found throughout the entire room. It had a peculiar smell in and of itself. It's quite small, with a small bed and a small couch. The Internet they provide does not exactly meet the qualifications of being called "high speed". The bathroom wasn't cleaned prior to our arrival. And the toilet just loved to clog up.

After our stay ended, I was rather excited to return back to work.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank clouds_connected
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I booked a 2 night stay, but wish I wouldn't have stayed here at all. My first room was not suitable for any human guest. The carpets were damp from a cleaning they had apparently just done, the sheets were musty and smelled awful, and the furniture was tucked away in the bathroom or put on the bed. I couldn't find the receptionist to help me switch rooms, but the next morning when I did find someone and requested a room change, the attendant said "Wow. No one was supposed to be given that room." Thanks for coming to find me to remedy the situation. No apology was given, but at least they gave me a new room. The second room was better, but still far from adequate. There were blood stains on the bathroom floor and door, and I put a few towels down to just cover it up. Lest to say I was disgusted and will not be going back. Just an awful experience all the way around. I know some representative will come on here and try to save face, but it cannot be done. Maybe use your time cleaning your hotel instead of trying to convince other travelers to visit. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms in this hotel. Stay away at all costs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A nice hotel. It was clean and having the ability to fix my own food was great. The only two drawbacks were you do not get maid service unless you stay beyond I think 4 or 5 days and they use the DISH network. Forget TV watching if it rains, pretty much all of the good channels go off. The free WiFi was great! and needed since we could not watch TV because it rained for awhile.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tanyatash
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Tanya - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of your in-room kitchen and that the free WiFi met your expectations. Please accept our apologies regarding the housekeeping, and do know that it is available any day for a nominal fee, and free one day of the week if booking 8 or more nights.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Terrible hotel. Expected a better place for the price. Room wasn't great, elevator and halls smelled and floors where stained and curling up. I don't usually write reviews but felt it was needed. Hopefully it will help others avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room and the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our public areas as well as the guest rooms.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cgc@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.”

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I booked te reservation on Thursday and I called back to get the confirmations number.I informed them that my boyfriend would be there pretty late since He is coming from a distance.We got there and they had no room for him,but he had his reservation and confirmation number .The night lady was just no help she had no rooms but she barely tried.Im so disappointed and this experience just upsets me

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Motane
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute. Everyone was so helpful, gave us a great deal and the room was very good.
,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute. We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute
,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute,Thank you staff thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Room Tip: if you need room ask for a suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family