“Extended stay Duffie Family”

Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Extended stay Duffie Family”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My trip / stay at the Residence Inn in Grennbrier VA was by far the best extended stay hotel I've ever stayed with my family. The hospitality and the kindship that we experienced from the staff made a 3 month stay at a hotel whioe waiting for closing on a house very tolerable.

The dining/breakfast in the morning and the availability to cook in-room and use the grill's outside, on top of three dinner's a week was a bonus and made family living as close to home cook meals as you could get for a hotel. The price was affordable and very reasonable for the amneties that were provided. The only pthing that would have made the amneties perfect would have been non-pay self serve washers and dryers. Three months of washing for two boys and an active fitness instructor and fighter pilot adds up. I think we speant almost $200 in laundry alone per month there.

The Rooms were large in comparison to a normal hotel room and the kitchenettes were very user friendly. There was always fresh towels, linens, and clean ktichen items on hand when needed.

Spending Christmas in a hotel during a snow storm was actually fun with the Hot-tub / pool combo on top of snow outside and the home decor and feeling with meals provided. We had the ability to set up a tree and decorate for the kids. The pet-friendly policy was key in making this happen for us as we had a labrador and bearded dragon on move with us.

All in all, what a wonderful visit we had there, it was the best alternative for the situation we were in waiting on a home. I would recommend this hotel to any one and everyone who is looking for an extended stay in Greenbrier and or Norfolk area.

Richard the maintenance guru was by far the most friendly and motivated employee i met while there. The man would give you the shirt off his back! Would recommend him to any workplace involving customer service and maintenance repair!!

Jenn, the manager, was fantastic and is a good friend now of ou family and we look forward to staying in touch and touching base once and again at the hotel to say hello.

Thank you so much and keep up the great work! Don't change a thing, but making the laundry machines free...

Room Tip: Talk directly to the staff via the phone
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I arrived with my family back in late June 2009. The front desk service was friendly but just a little slow. Our room had two beds, kitchen and seating area. We stayed one night and didn't have any problems. We also took advantage of the breakfast--luckily it wasn't a rat-race like those services usually are. It was a little picked over but the hotel staff was doing a fairly good job keeping it stocked. If not, there are a few places close by where you can get food. I'm planning to stay when I leave the local area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gara56
WA
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel on Sept 12, 2010. When I awoke on the morning of Sept 13, 2010 I found bed bugs in the bed! I notifed the front desk of my discovery, and told them I would be checking out. I informed the front desk clerk that I had to be at work within the hour, so she told me to leave my belongings in the room, and that I could check out when I got off work at 5 pm and had found another hotel. I arrived back at the hotel around 5:45 pm on the afternoon of September 13th, packed my belonings, and checked out. I was handed a bill for September 12th only. Upon my return home from travel, I received my credit card statement, and noticed that I had been billed for two nights (Sept 12 and 13). I called the hotel and was told I would have to speak to the general manager. The general manager did not return five calls, so I asked the front desk clerk for the general manager's email address. I emailed the general manger on September 27, 2010 and still have gotten no response. I travel extensively and know that this is not the norm for customer service at hotels. Beware of the inattention to customer service, bed bugs, and overall lack of common courtesy at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank BethMartin
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Greetings Beth Martin! Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. Your stay information has been passed along to me by the manager you spoke to and I can confidently say that the room you stayed in does not have bed bugs. Because we take all guest concerns very seriously, I personally inspected this room along with my Director of Housekeeping, Chief Engineer and a representative from our pest control company. While our hotel has not been affected, bed bugs were a big story around the US in 2010. As a result we received extensive training for managers and room attendants to ensure that we are able to identify bed bugs should we be unfortunate enough to have a case.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for this experience. As I do with everyone, I will invite you to come back and hope you will be willing to be our guest again. Please feel free to keep my contact information for reference so that I can assist in this process.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This hotel gets top reviews! We stayed for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful! The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was excellent and plentiful. If anything ran low, it was promptly replaced. The dinners Monday - Wednesday were delicious. Everyone went out of their way to make sure the guests had a good experience.
The hotel is also very convenient to shopping and interstate.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I recently was contracted to work out of town for an extended stay. We originally selected a different hotel & after a few days knew something had to change. We looked at the Residence Inn & happily moved to that hotel in December 2009. We just left May 1 & after 5 months I can say we'll definitely stop in to say hello to our friends at the hotel again. We were all on a 1st name basis(me, my significant other & our dogs!), anything I asked for was ours, the hotel was always clean, everyone was always friendly & they actually cared and displayed compassion. I would recommend this hotel to anyone & have a scheduled stay in Indianna coming up in a few weeks at a Residence Inn & we can only hope to be cared for as well as we were in Chesapeake!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 June 2010
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Chesapeake, VA. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return to see us soon!

Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 May 2010

i was stuck in va for 7 1/2 weeks for business. the entire time i was there i felt like family. when i hung my do not disturb sign nobody bothered me. the bed was better than the one i have at home. the shower was big enough for a tall man to be comfortable. the kitchen had everything you could need, and was plenty roomy. laundry facilities were available 24/7 which fit with my constantly changing schedule perfectly. they serve real breakfast 7 days a week. eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausages, fresh fruit, youghurt, cereal....and it's excellent. they have dinner 3 nights a week, again fantastic they have a very talented cooking staff. i just changed how i travel at work, and can now choose my own lodging. rest assured i will always choose mariot after this experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Great place! Stayed long term. Everyone made us feel right at home and our every need was met. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business