“Great experience at this hotel!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier

Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great experience at this hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My family and I are a military family and we stayed at the Residence Inn Greenbrier for two weeks while relocating. We had a wonderful experience at this hotel! The staff was great with our kids and made us feel right at home. The rooms were very spacious and clean, plenty of room for my family to live comfortably. The dinners they serve 3 nights a week were great - that really helps when you have a whole family to feed. They were also very patriotic - they treated guests to red, white and blue cupcakes at dinner one night which my family particularly appreciated! The level of commitment to guest satisfaction was incredible - they really go above and beyond. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Chesapeake area!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

The rooms (107) brings you back to the early 80's and that was NOT a pleasant surprise. The staff (housekeepers, front desk, and breakfast cookers) were ALL below my expectations of Marriott and Residence Inn that I have developed over the past 7 years. After paying the advertised 100 pet fee, the front desk refused to clean the room while our cat was not caged until a semi-heated conversation persuaded them otherwise. The room cleaning was SUB standard until our final day there. The breakfast was inferior to other Residence Inns..no waffles, no variety of teas (only black tea). All I can say is be prepared for a shock as THIS Residence Inn DOES NOT emmulate the Marriott brand. This was the first time in 7 years (gold rewards membership and all) that I actually considered giving other hotel brands an opportunity to win my business. I am convinced that THIS hotel needs a management shake up and renovations (paint, new furniture, hot shower water, cabinets, etc). The regional managment team should take an surprise assessement of this hotel customer service.

Room Tip: Not room 107
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tulane225
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

My trip / stay at the Residence Inn in Grennbrier VA was by far the best extended stay hotel I've ever stayed with my family. The hospitality and the kindship that we experienced from the staff made a 3 month stay at a hotel whioe waiting for closing on a house very tolerable.

The dining/breakfast in the morning and the availability to cook in-room and use the grill's outside, on top of three dinner's a week was a bonus and made family living as close to home cook meals as you could get for a hotel. The price was affordable and very reasonable for the amneties that were provided. The only pthing that would have made the amneties perfect would have been non-pay self serve washers and dryers. Three months of washing for two boys and an active fitness instructor and fighter pilot adds up. I think we speant almost $200 in laundry alone per month there.

The Rooms were large in comparison to a normal hotel room and the kitchenettes were very user friendly. There was always fresh towels, linens, and clean ktichen items on hand when needed.

Spending Christmas in a hotel during a snow storm was actually fun with the Hot-tub / pool combo on top of snow outside and the home decor and feeling with meals provided. We had the ability to set up a tree and decorate for the kids. The pet-friendly policy was key in making this happen for us as we had a labrador and bearded dragon on move with us.

All in all, what a wonderful visit we had there, it was the best alternative for the situation we were in waiting on a home. I would recommend this hotel to any one and everyone who is looking for an extended stay in Greenbrier and or Norfolk area.

Richard the maintenance guru was by far the most friendly and motivated employee i met while there. The man would give you the shirt off his back! Would recommend him to any workplace involving customer service and maintenance repair!!

Jenn, the manager, was fantastic and is a good friend now of ou family and we look forward to staying in touch and touching base once and again at the hotel to say hello.

Thank you so much and keep up the great work! Don't change a thing, but making the laundry machines free...

Room Tip: Talk directly to the staff via the phone
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I arrived with my family back in late June 2009. The front desk service was friendly but just a little slow. Our room had two beds, kitchen and seating area. We stayed one night and didn't have any problems. We also took advantage of the breakfast--luckily it wasn't a rat-race like those services usually are. It was a little picked over but the hotel staff was doing a fairly good job keeping it stocked. If not, there are a few places close by where you can get food. I'm planning to stay when I leave the local area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gara56
WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel on Sept 12, 2010. When I awoke on the morning of Sept 13, 2010 I found bed bugs in the bed! I notifed the front desk of my discovery, and told them I would be checking out. I informed the front desk clerk that I had to be at work within the hour, so she told me to leave my belongings in the room, and that I could check out when I got off work at 5 pm and had found another hotel. I arrived back at the hotel around 5:45 pm on the afternoon of September 13th, packed my belonings, and checked out. I was handed a bill for September 12th only. Upon my return home from travel, I received my credit card statement, and noticed that I had been billed for two nights (Sept 12 and 13). I called the hotel and was told I would have to speak to the general manager. The general manager did not return five calls, so I asked the front desk clerk for the general manager's email address. I emailed the general manger on September 27, 2010 and still have gotten no response. I travel extensively and know that this is not the norm for customer service at hotels. Beware of the inattention to customer service, bed bugs, and overall lack of common courtesy at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BethMartin
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Greetings Beth Martin! Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read about your unfortunate experience. Your stay information has been passed along to me by the manager you spoke to and I can confidently say that the room you stayed in does not have bed bugs. Because we take all guest concerns very seriously, I personally inspected this room along with my Director of Housekeeping, Chief Engineer and a representative from our pest control company. While our hotel has not been affected, bed bugs were a big story around the US in 2010. As a result we received extensive training for managers and room attendants to ensure that we are able to identify bed bugs should we be unfortunate enough to have a case.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for this experience. As I do with everyone, I will invite you to come back and hope you will be willing to be our guest again. Please feel free to keep my contact information for reference so that I can assist in this process.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

This hotel gets top reviews! We stayed for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful! The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was excellent and plentiful. If anything ran low, it was promptly replaced. The dinners Monday - Wednesday were delicious. Everyone went out of their way to make sure the guests had a good experience.
The hotel is also very convenient to shopping and interstate.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I recently was contracted to work out of town for an extended stay. We originally selected a different hotel & after a few days knew something had to change. We looked at the Residence Inn & happily moved to that hotel in December 2009. We just left May 1 & after 5 months I can say we'll definitely stop in to say hello to our friends at the hotel again. We were all on a 1st name basis(me, my significant other & our dogs!), anything I asked for was ours, the hotel was always clean, everyone was always friendly & they actually cared and displayed compassion. I would recommend this hotel to anyone & have a scheduled stay in Indianna coming up in a few weeks at a Residence Inn & we can only hope to be cared for as well as we were in Chesapeake!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 9 June 2010
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Chesapeake, VA. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return to see us soon!

At your service,