“Quick weekend trip”

Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Quick weekend trip”
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Stated here overnight after visiting my niece at ODU, was pretty convenient, about 15 min from campus. Check-in wad quick, the room was ALMOST clean but very spacious. There was an empty fragrance eliminator bomb on the floor, and a spider waiting for us near the bathroom. Also, someone's leftover groceries were in the fridge.

Bed was comfortable, checkout was easy

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
NYC, NY
Reviewed 19 September 2012

HI ..

I reviewed this hotel a few years ago, and thought I should write another based on a couple new experiences there.

I had a trip scheduled immediately after July 4th weekend (July 5-8). Of course the place was booked due to everyone on vacations etc. I arrived and checked in no problem (I am there a few times a year there). The first evening of my stay, somehow the electricity went haywire and the hotel lost power and also lost water usage!! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT IN 100+ degree weather.?!?!?1 Ok so everyone was converged upon reception, yelling and screaming, and Shonda (front desk reception at the moment) handled everything with poise and was very gracious even with the rudest customers. I actually ended up staying at a friend's house for the night..but upon check out, i was definitely not charged for the night with no electric, ac or running water! (it was only one night). That was a nice gesture on Residence Inn's part.

Honestly I can't say enough about this place. It's not a 5 star hotel...so dont expect the Ritz, but it's extremely clean, friendly staff and just really a nice place to stay. I always try to book this hotel for any trip to the Hampton Roads area, simply because the rooms are big, nice staff and I am COMFORTABLE there. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Just left the hotel and on the plane back to Florida,, technology I tell you.
Front desk Jennifer :-|), Amanda, and Houskeeping Sheila all great people and made the stay for my mother & I easy and relaxed. Great staff,, great hotel ,, thumbs up & can't go wrong !! Mf

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank FloridaPro
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel is very clean and professional. Jennifer who works the front desk always does the "and then some" for the guests. Her professional but friendly demeanor sets her and this hotel apart. I would highly recommend this property and if you have the pleasure of working with Jennifer I know you will agree with all of my statements.....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bridgeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Although the prior very friendly manager has transferred, the new GM, Penny, is more than willing to make all necessary accommodations...the front desk attendants are the same smiling, welcoming faces! (Upon check in, I had a choice of first or fifth floor...I asked the attendant what her recommendation was...she recommended first due to a large number of rooms for 1 family on the fifth floor...I was afraid the first floor would be very noisy....it turned out to be much quieter than anticipated.) The breakfast staff has improved, if that is possible...the new breakfast attendants greeted us at the table, asked if there is any thing else we needed, if all was OK, "have a nice day". In addition, they made sure each table was wiped down before new guests were seated.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family of 4 stayed here for 1 night on our way from NY to the outer banks. The Front Desk clerk was quite nice, but very young. She informed us upon check in that we had been upgraded, without request, to a 2 bedroom suite, rather than the one bedroom we had booked. We soon learned that out room was on the fifth floor. in the midst of a heat wave, the room was very hot, so we called maintenance. They informed us that the a/c was as good as it could be on the top floor. We asked to move, but learned we had "the last available room". So, actually, it wasn't an upgrade, and we really got screwed.

We looked forward to the breakfast the next morning, but the chef called in late (in fairness, there were terrible storms that night before). breakfast was delayed, and the poor front desk clerk was running back and forth trying to keep breakfast together,

Having stayed at several Residence Inns before, I was not overly impressed with this one.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I arrived at 5:30pm only to be told that the hotel had sold out of my room type (although I had a reservation and confirmation number). No apology from the desk clerk. She "matter-of-factly" told (not asked) me she was sending me to the Aloft next door. When I asked if they had a 1-bedroom suite (for husband and two kids), she stated "they have 2 beds". I told her that was unacceptable and asked to speak to the manager. The manager did not come out to apologize or address my concern and sent the clerk back to tell me "we're trying to help you". She told (not asked) me that she was sending me to another Residence Inn 10-15 minutes away - still no apology for the inconvenience. I did receive a "you have a nice day, ma'am!!" as I left the hotel (obviously the desk clerk was being sarcastic). Unbelievable. I had a guest comment that I was way more friendly and calm than he would have been if this happened to him and his family.

Room Tip: Although you have a reservation and confirmation number, make sure to call the hotel beforehand to m...