“Christmas vacay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Christmas vacay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

The location is extremely close to all the major businesses and restaurants needed to shop and dine. Room was a two bedroom/two bathroom equipped with a kitchen and living room area, and it was refreshingly clean and comfortable. They also had breakfast and evening meals during the week that was rather enjoyable, especially for a hotel. The staff was professional and courteous, even helping me print and fax documents. I must say, everything about this place was 5 stars, and for the price of what you actually receive it is definitely worth it! A definite recommend if you value a relaxing, clean, safe, enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: The laundry room is on the first floor, so if that is something that's important to you then you...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We had the best experience at this hotel. We've traveled to NC several times in the last few months and stop mid-way on the way down. A few times we stopped in Norfolk but found that it was hard to get around to the road we needed without getting lost; so the last time we went down, we found this hotel was easier to get to and an easier commute to our final destination in NC. We arrived late in the evening and were met by a very pleasant front desk representative, Amanda. We had wanted a 2 bedroom unit but when I made our reservation, there weren't any available. I think my mom may have mentioned it while Amanda was checking us in and she said they had a 2 bedroom available if we wanted it. She then rebooked us into the 2 bedroom and said it was no problem. She was wonderful...friendly, accommodating, pleasant, helpful...everything a front desk person should be. We are staying at that hotel again next week and we hope to see Amanda again. The hotel was beautiful, clean and had a great hot breakfast. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Stated here overnight after visiting my niece at ODU, was pretty convenient, about 15 min from campus. Check-in wad quick, the room was ALMOST clean but very spacious. There was an empty fragrance eliminator bomb on the floor, and a spider waiting for us near the bathroom. Also, someone's leftover groceries were in the fridge.

Bed was comfortable, checkout was easy

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NYC, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

HI ..

I reviewed this hotel a few years ago, and thought I should write another based on a couple new experiences there.

I had a trip scheduled immediately after July 4th weekend (July 5-8). Of course the place was booked due to everyone on vacations etc. I arrived and checked in no problem (I am there a few times a year there). The first evening of my stay, somehow the electricity went haywire and the hotel lost power and also lost water usage!! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT IN 100+ degree weather.?!?!?1 Ok so everyone was converged upon reception, yelling and screaming, and Shonda (front desk reception at the moment) handled everything with poise and was very gracious even with the rudest customers. I actually ended up staying at a friend's house for the night..but upon check out, i was definitely not charged for the night with no electric, ac or running water! (it was only one night). That was a nice gesture on Residence Inn's part.

Honestly I can't say enough about this place. It's not a 5 star hotel...so dont expect the Ritz, but it's extremely clean, friendly staff and just really a nice place to stay. I always try to book this hotel for any trip to the Hampton Roads area, simply because the rooms are big, nice staff and I am COMFORTABLE there. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Just left the hotel and on the plane back to Florida,, technology I tell you.
Front desk Jennifer :-|), Amanda, and Houskeeping Sheila all great people and made the stay for my mother & I easy and relaxed. Great staff,, great hotel ,, thumbs up & can't go wrong !! Mf

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank FloridaPro
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel is very clean and professional. Jennifer who works the front desk always does the "and then some" for the guests. Her professional but friendly demeanor sets her and this hotel apart. I would highly recommend this property and if you have the pleasure of working with Jennifer I know you will agree with all of my statements.....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Although the prior very friendly manager has transferred, the new GM, Penny, is more than willing to make all necessary accommodations...the front desk attendants are the same smiling, welcoming faces! (Upon check in, I had a choice of first or fifth floor...I asked the attendant what her recommendation was...she recommended first due to a large number of rooms for 1 family on the fifth floor...I was afraid the first floor would be very noisy....it turned out to be much quieter than anticipated.) The breakfast staff has improved, if that is possible...the new breakfast attendants greeted us at the table, asked if there is any thing else we needed, if all was OK, "have a nice day". In addition, they made sure each table was wiped down before new guests were seated.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family