“Great Hotel and Staff”

Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Great Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had a long term stay at this hotel due to travel for work, better than 3 months. The room was very clean and the amenities in the room were excellent. Being able to cook was a plus due to the length of the stay. They serve an excellent breakfast and dinner social as well. The staff is beyond excellent. You are treated like a friend more than a guest. Marcus at the front desk has a fantastic attitude, is always accommodating and always greets with a smile. His level of service is that you would expect at a higher end hotel. The kitchen staff is also goes out of their way, providing "to go" breakfast to those of us that leave prior to the start of the breakfast service. In particular, I like to have yogurt and fruit in the morning, plus I left early, prior to their service, and the morning staff brought me a yogurt and fruit each day without my having to ask. The dinner staff is also very friendly and is always willing to assist to the best of their ability or simply listen or have a conversation, which if you are traveling alone is wonderful.
The business center is great, with access to computers, internet and printers at no additional charge, allowing for easy working or simply finding your way around or a specific destination. The in room Wi-Fi is also very user friendly, reliable and quick. Overall I am very happy and would gladly stay here again, especially for long term trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Penny H, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Hello Kevin T,

I wanted to that this opportunity to say Thank You for the very generous compliments you wrote about your stay at the Residence Inn Chesapeake. It not often that guests will take time out of their busy day to share such positive information.

The staff and I truly appreciate guests like yourself that help to make our jobs so much more meaningful and fun. We want you to know how much we truly appreciate you and how honored we are to have you as our guest.

You can be sure that we will continue to make your long trips away are spent in good hands at our Residence Inn. Just consider us your home away from home!

Thanks again,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I came to the Residence Inn Greenbrier after being recommended by a friend who only stays at these hotels. I had never stayed at a Residence, and was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, the food, and most importantly, the staff! When I checked in, I was immediately greeted with smiles and helpful advice. The room was clean and neat and perfectly sized for me and my friend. When down in the lobby the next two mornings we had delicious breakfasts from bagels to danishes, and then were recommended places to eat lunch within the area, as well as the best spots to hang out around Chesapeake.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank GodTube .
Penny H, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hello and greetings to our new friends,

We at the Residence Inn wanted to say THANK YOU! for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate feedback from our guests and we are thrilled to hear that guest such as yourself are finding our facility enjoyable and accommodating.

We hope that this is not the last time that we will have the opportunity to service you and provide you with the hospitality that we love giving to our guest.

Thanks again! Hope to see you soon.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I came to the Residence Inn Greenbrier after being recommended by a friend who only stays at these hotels. I had never stayed at a Residence, and was pleasantly surprised by the rooms, the food, and most importantly, the staff! When I checked in, I was immediately greeted with smiles and helpful advice (something you don't see at every hotel), and my room had been waiting for me. The room was clean and neat and perfectly sized for me and my friend. When down in the lobby the next two mornings we had delicious breakfasts from bagels to danishes, and then were recommended places to eat lunch within the area, as well as the best spots to hang out around Chesapeake. The staff was kind and responsive, and answered every little question I had. The room was clean by every afternoon I returned to the hotel. And most importantly, the hotel itself had a nice classic atmosphere that really made me enjoy sitting and reading in the lobby or eating in the dining area. I will DEFINITELY stay here on my next visit to Chesapeake, and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
To our valued guests,

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback in regards to your stay with us. The staff at the Residence Inn is so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your compliments and we appreciate you staying with us.

Have a wonderful summer, we look forward to having you back again soon!
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I gave my wife a surprise birthday party in their meeting room (60 person capacity). The hall was just right for the price and the amount of guest that were attending. We had a great time and my wife was moved to tears when we surprised her. Stefanie Eckes and the young lady on duty that night, and morning(really sorry I didn't remember her name) went above and beyond to answer all my questions and make sure we were taken care of the whole night. The ONLY reason I only gave it Four Stars is, although the room we stayed in was immaculate and clean, the bed was too soft for ME. And although the bed was too soft for ME, I would actually stay there again, for the simple reason everything else was OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Penny H, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Greetings Mr. & Mrs. Elgin,

From the entire Residence Inn Staff - Thank You for your feedback and the generous comments you shared with us about your experience at our hotel. With the exception of the bed being softer then you prefer, we were pleased to hear that everything from the surprise party to the overnight stay went well. We understand how important special occassions can be and we are always looking for ways to give those special touches to help our guest feel special.

We truly look forward to having you back again soon, and don't forget to let your friends know about the different services and amenities we offer.

Until next time - Take care!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were sent to the Residence Inn by our insurance co. due to a problem in our home. We were there for over 7 weeks. Staff was great, We were greeted by Ashley or Marcus everyday as we went out for our daily walk. Met the Maintenance man and he thanked us for choosing Marriott. Tonya in housekeeping was super, helped with supplies when we needed or forgot from home. Hot tub was immaculate thanks to Javonne. Food was cooked and supplied by Toya and Torry. Room was spacious and clean. Lovely fireplace in the lobby. Finally, the GM, Ms. Hunt walked the hotel greeting guests and checking to see if we needed anything. We only live 6 miles from hotel but would gladly go back, if even for a short stay.

Room Tip: Nothing could have made this any better. We were treated like family.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hello Maureen and Family,

The Residence Inn team was so pleased to hear from you and we hope that everything is going well back at home. We can't tell you how much we appreciated your compliments and we were thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful stay. As you said in your message, you are our neighbor and we truly hope that you do not become a stranger.

Wishing everone the very best, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Everyone was nice, helpful and respectfull. One employee stood out the most.
Marcus Scott. Very professional, always remembered my name and always a smile.
Great Breakfast in the mornings and on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, they serve a
dinner at 6:00pm and not bad for free. While on travel, I spent very little per diem.
I will stay there each time I have to travel to that area. Good Job!!!

Room Tip: The room had a fireplace, which I enjoyed tremendously, a kitchen and living room. A home away from...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello and Greetings to our first time guest!

On behalf of the entire Residence Chesapeake Team, we would like to say THANK YOU for your very kind words and compliments. Our team strives hard to ensure that all our guest have a warm and genuine experience. I will be sure to tell Marcus that he left a lasting impression with you.

We appreicate your business and we look forward to having you back again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The staff was exceptional. the only thing I did not like, they did not clean your room everyday.
breakfast was great. great location. I would definitely stay again. we had a suite with sofa bed, worked great for my kids.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
Penny H, General Manager at Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Hello valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us feedback regarding at the Residence Inn Chesapeake. Your feedback so truly valuable and we make sure our entire team reviews this information so that they can continue to give customers like yourself the best experience possible. We are pleased you found the accomodations comfortable and relaxing.

Until next time, we look foward to having you back again soon!