“Nice hotel. slow internet”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia
“Nice hotel. slow internet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel is near numerous hotels, stores and restaurants.
The hotel is well maintained and the staff is very respnsive and friendly. The room was large and clean. The free food served at breakfast and dinner (M-Th) was very good. There was a wide selection of items available. I only wish fresh oatmeal had been available. The woman working at the food station was very friendly, kept items stocked quickly and was always tidying up. There are lots of local and USA Today newspapers available.
I forgot my phone charger so I asked the women working at the desk if they might have a spare. They looked through the parts box, but could not find a match. One of them, Marilynn, then loaned me her personal charger from her purse. She earns a gold star! She was a big help.
The few negatives I experienced:
The internet was dreadfully slow and timed out. I reported it to the desk and they told me that they would restart the router. After that I was able to use the internet, but it was slower than it should have been. I used the hard wire and my laptop.
There was the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways even though all the rooms seemed to have no smoking signs. My no-smoking room had a slight smoke smell which was more noticeable when I returned home and smelled it when I opened my suitcase.
There were some hairs on the bed and in the sink and assume they were from the maid and not the previous guest. Other than that, the room was very clean.

I'd stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, Homewod Suites is known for the fabulous amenities offered. I'm glad to say that we are also upgrading the speed of our internet as well, within the next few months. Our Homewood Team does have a heart of service and I'm glad to see that Marilynn stood out enough for you to acknowledge that. Thank you again for your response and for informing us of some things that from now on we will keep a close eye on. We hope to see you again should your future travels bring you back to Chesapeake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at Homewood Suites. My location in Chesapeake, VA was centurally located to the Mall and Eateries and I would definitely recommend Homewood Suites to all my family and friend if you are travel or just want to get away. Again thank you for your hospitality. Signed, Satisfied Traveler

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent vistit with us. We are so very excited to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. The amenities of the Homewood Suites Brand are used a great deal by our guests. From the spacious guest rooms with kitchen and dining area to the Evening Managers Reception. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. Please keep us in mind when you find that your travels lead you to Chesapeake.
Clearwater, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent hotel - great amenities. The service was very good. Both the breakfast and the dinner served each day was of the highest quality. I found the entire experience to be one that I would recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit with us. We realize you have many choices while visiting the Chesapeake area, thank you for making us your choice. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service that exceeds their expectations. Please reach out to us again should your travels find you heading our way.
Riveerhead, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I give the HOMEWOOD SUITES, an EXCELLENT review, because we , meaning my family and I felt at home. The hotel is in a central area, everything you need is around you you. The hotel was very clean, accommodating, peaceful, and the staff was very helpful in all area's. Thank you very much HOMEWOOD SUITES.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Location is key and I'm glad to say ...we are in a very good location. There is so much for a traveler to do. Whether it's a vacation or business that brings you to Chesapeake, there are places within reach that will keep you entertained. Yes, our team strives to provide the service that goes above and beyond a guests expectations. We enjoy what we do, most importantly, we enjoy making memories. Thank you again for allowing our Homewood Suites Family to serve your family. Remember us when traveliing to this area again.
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for business on multiple locations. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The complimentary breakfast and manager's reception are both excellent. The complimentary guest pass to the local One Life Fitness is very convenient. The location is in close proximity to a variety of stores and restaurants. I keep going back because it's the best hotel in the Virginia Beach/Chesapeake area that I've been to.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to inform us of your recent visit with us. It warms my heart to see that we have made a fond memory for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again. Thank you for allowing us to show off our Southern Hospitality.
Oreland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

The entire staff made me fell at home during my stay. The near by fitness center really sealed the deal. The breakfast and evening reception are great. Whenever i travel to Norfolk area, i always stay there. You need a room, email or call Scot Rose, Assisstant General Manager, will get yu a room. No complaint from me. strongly recommend toevery one.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent visit with us. Whether travelling for business or leisure, our brand has the amenities for all to enjoy. The fitness center, breakfast and evening dinner being the most enjoyed by all. It warms my heart to see that one of our own, Scot, has made a positive impression with you. Scot does go above and beyond to ensure ones needs are met. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us or Scot again should you find your future travel plans lead you to Chesapeake.
lee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place is epic with the free breakfast and gym membership, but the internet is bad, really bad; 1MB Download/ .4 MB Upload... This totally ruined it for me because I stay in and play videogames to save money on these trips. I couldn't play xboxlive because I kept losing internet connection even with direct connect. Movies took far to long to load on my laptop. The room is a smoking room and I expect a slight smell but it is just bad. Like a sweaty man smoking a cigar all day, it goes away for a couple hours after housekeeping rolls through. I would stay here again regardless, "60% of the time, every time."

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for sharing some information about your recent stay at our property. We do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. I truly understand the importance of having an outlet after a very busy day. Quality high-speed internet access is paramount to the majority of our guests which is why on November 1st we will begin the transition to upgrading our current complimentary internet. With that we hope to continue to provide amenities that match what you referred to as our "epic" service. I am pleased that you enjoy the breakfast and the off-site gym during your stay, and we look forward to serving more of your needs in your future visit.