“Nice Hotel Priced Right”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Draper, Utah
“Nice Hotel Priced Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We booked here looking for an upscale experience without breaking the budget. Happy to announce that this filled the bill nicely. The only negative was that the hot tub is sorely in need of repairs. Positives: comfortable beds, a passable breakfast, convenient location next to freeway. All this and the price was quite reasonable.
My experience was nothing like the previous review.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We usually book ahead for our accomodations in order to read reviews and a find the "right" price. A change in plans caused us to do it the old-fashioned way (well, quasi-old-fashioned) by searching/calling from the iPhone while on the road. Frankly, we chose the Hampton because Amanda took our call and was head and shoulders above every other desk person in the area. And the hotel did not disappoint - in fact, our accomodations exceeded expectations. Plus the breakfast was well above average as it included hot items (eggs, bacon, sausages, oatmeal) and was very well serviced.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pcyork
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The front desk staff was very helpful, and the room was nice. Also, only 10-15 minutes from C3CEN. Close to several restaurants, and a mall. Overall, if I return to this area, I will definitely be staying here again, ***** (5) stars in my book!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike B
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were greeted warmly by all staff at our recent stay. A group of ~50 women converged on this hotel and they blessed us with radical hospitality. Everyone from the desk clerk, to the maintenance guy, to the breakfast host, to the general manager was welcoming, friendly and most importantly available to us and welcomed all inquiries. I had left my Mac power cord at home and needed it. The desk clerk let me go through items left by guests, and I found the very cord I needed. I couldn't access the internet easily and she guided me through the process! Two thumbs up and a smile.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My family recently stayed at this hotel for one night. We booked a King Suite and it was huge! The room had a small fridge and microwave. It also had a a couch, chair, and desk. The room was very clean. Hampton Inn has a complimentary hot breakfast which was very good! The hotel is very close to shopping and dining!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Beachgirl025
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Everyone from front desk, new manager, house keeping and the cook were so nice and helpful. Hot breakfast was great plenty to eat and different everyday. Wish I could remember the cooks name, he was really nice and made us feel at home.I'm very picky were I stay and this place was great, good price and good location.
Only issue was when trying to sleep refrigerator made noise had to turn up ac to drown out noise. Could be I'm a light sleeper since husband had no problems.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sweetcoop
Hazel Park, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

In Oct 2009 I put our groups travel out to bid. I was looking for 40 doubles and a rate that included breakfast. I was pleased to sign a contract with this hotel. Decent rate, room type that I needed and breakfast included. Contract signed end of story.......WRONG! A few weeks ago I get a call from the NEW sales manager introducing herself. I had mentioned that the previous sales manger had mentioned accommodating our group with a hospitality room since we were going to book so many rooms however it was not written in our contract. I forwarded the emails to her as proof that this promise was made (but was also willing to relent as it was not in the contract and that was my error as well) The sales manager said she would discuss this with her GM. A week later I received a voice mail from the sales manager stating that we would not get the hospitality room.....but then....she also said that they would not be able to give me the 40 doubles that I had contracted, instead they would give me a combination of doubles, kings with cots!!! Also her voice mail tone was rude and condescending. I immediately called her back, left her a voice mail asking to speak with her GM. I also contacted the site that I used to get this hotel bid in the first place to see if they could assist me. Yesterday the GM called and left a voice mail on my phone to return her call. Since I was busy at work I was not able to call her back until she had already left for the day. I did however leave a voice mail. The website also contact me saying the hotel was willing to accommodate at a different hotel and pay for our breakfast each day. Okay...this may work out.....WRONG. Today I receive another RUDE email from the sales manager stating that since I refused to contact her GM the offer of alternate accommodations was off the table and that they were NO longer going to honor the contract as it was not signed by the due date of Oct 9 2009. I have emails from the initial sales manager in which I was not happy with certain verbiage and wanted to get it altered before it was signed. If it was not valid why did it take 6 months to contact me!!! The venue for this event sells out quickly and now all the hotels in the area are booked and my group is stuck to find alternate accommodates.

Stayed June 2010