“Good Place for Family Vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good Place for Family Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is within easy reach of area attractions like Nauticus etc. The staff is very helpful and made our stay very comfortable. The complementary breakfast has a good choice. I always prefer going to Hampton Inn when traveling with family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank SunnyHanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved the hotel stay and location. The room was very clean, had a happy staff and the morning breakfast was awesome sauce! Sausage, waffles, real scrambled eggs, pastries, juice, fruit, and Greek yogurt too! I loved...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carmelo R
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We planned our reunion here and were quite delighted with the choice. Rita and the staff were a pleasure with which to work. They were friendly and always willing to assist with anything we needed. They always greeted you with a smile. There were lots of activities for every one of all ages, right nearby. Shopping Malls and restaurants were in walking distance. The kids loved the fact that chuck-e-cheese was right next door. Conference room was perfect for accommodating our group for our in house events. Indoor pool was perfect for one of the nights it rained. Very clean facility. To top it off free hot breakfast buffet! What more can I say.... This place was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TracyLT325
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Over all the Hotel and its staff are very nice. We stay there once a year for the past four years for five days " visiting family".The whirlpool was broken and was just a hot tub was the only thing I can complain about. The reason for taking the time to post this review is that The staff at this hotel is really on top of their game as far as trying to please you. Especially one Miss Philana, she works as the breakfast cook. Being from the south I love biscuits and gravy. They have a daily schedule that they go by for meal planning, and gravy is only on sunday. On Tuesday morning missing home and in a brief conversation I mentioned my love for gravy to miss Philana and was ever so politely informed how the meals were scheduled. Ok I thought no big deal headed home in a few days anyway. But Thursday morning while going down to breakfast, going thru the motions and getting ready for another fun filled day of family visiting, low and behold in the kitchen was a glorious smell I opened the lid and dammmm, There was sausage gravy and biscuits. And the gravy was the bomb, I ate so much and my belly hurt so bad going back up to the room. But that thoughtfulness made the entire rest of my day a lot better. Thanks Philana see you next year. Carl

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carl S
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We loved the hotel stay and location. We planned a 3-day beach trip, but decided to stay about 30 minutes from Virginia beach to reduce costs. The room was very clean, had a happy staff and the morning breakfast was awesome sauce! Sausage, waffles, real scrambled eggs, pastries, juice, fruit, and Greek yogurt too! I loved their robust coffee, some European blend I was told my a nice young gentlemen at the front desk. The breakfast lounge area was nice too for evening dinning, we brought in some food from a local restaurant one evening and ate comfortably with our family in a private area. Service A+ ... Houskeeping not only cleaned my room every day, bust asked me when I wanted service or extra towels. Oh, we have 2 kids and chucky cheese was really close by, well worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for ground level suite 101 !!!! Accommodates 6, pull out sofa bed and 2 queens (or doubles?)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

In need of a room for a night and looked the hotel up on my honors program. It was one of the few available hotels period at a decent cost. Upon arrival my quickness to hit buttons and not read showed a booking for a smoking room. Figuring it was just for the night and the Hampton Inn reputation I reluctantly but with a smile took the room. My mistake. Upon entry the smell was so strong it burned your eyes and after a while in the room it was not going away. I did not unpack my bag and only opened it to get items I would require for the night. I placed towels on the furniture and even noticed the white curtains in the room were yellowing. As well being a king room there was no furniture with the exception of an office chair, wooden chair and the bed. No couch and quite a bit of empty space to boot. I did have a refrigerator and microwave. Another issue was the towels seemed to absorb the room odor which was noticed as my shower was completed. Also, being on the 5th floor after using the very nice workout facility they do have which overlooks the pool there was a lack of hot water for a shower around 6:30 pm. Breakfast was the standard continental with eggs (western omelets) sausage, oatmeal and the like with plenty of seating. The staff was excellent upon check in and check out as well as providing if there were any questions asked. As with other posts the a/c ran continuously and rattled as it kicked itself about. It was a rough night in general but not all the hotels as my quickness booked a room I should not have taken.

Room Tip: Stay out of the smoking rooms if you do not smoke. Pool, workout facility and whirlpool are exceptio...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hagerstown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The stay overall was good, the staff were friendly, the hotel clean and the fitness center was well equiped but the noisy aircon unit in the room took the shine off the stay. Breakfast was ok with lots of choice between healthy and not so healthy fare. The cheese omelet was pretty disgusting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business