“Clean, Well-Decorated Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was apprehensive at first about the hotel as we pulled in. It seems to be located very close to some run down suburban areas and the Chuckee Cheese that's located next door didn't give me warm fuzzies when observing the parking lot.

The Pros:
Once we walked into the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. My 3 year old commented on the clean smell and lovely interior decorating. The rooms were very light and open and the AC was set very cool. A plus for combatting the Virginia summer heat. The room housed plenty of storage and ample room. The laptop pad is a very thoughtful touch. We would definitely stay here again.

The Cons:
Our door was broken. It would get stuck every time we would enter or exit.
The view wasn't ideal--nothing but highway to wake up to.
The dreaded adjoining room. Great if you're traveling together, not so great being able to hear your neighbors conversation. But that may have been luck of the draw, but I would request a non-adjoining room when booking.

One last note: we were handed a menu for a FANTASTIC pizza place that delivers to the hotel. If you have the chance order from Sal's NY Pizza. It's delicious and fairly priced.

Room Tip: Request non-adjoining.
1  Thank SSFaulconer
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake Square Mall

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here with my family over 4th of July weekend. The room was clean and very big. The service was great and they served breakfast every morning. The kids loved the pool. It was right off the highway so it was easy to get to the beach and back each day.

They had a nice sized fridge to store food and the beds were comfortable. We had a sleeper sofa as well so we could relax and stretch out without all being cramped in the bed. Very nice hotel and I would return.

Room Tip: The room with sleeper sofas tend to be larger and our location had hardly any noise issues.
1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is within easy reach of area attractions like Nauticus etc. The staff is very helpful and made our stay very comfortable. The complementary breakfast has a good choice. I always prefer going to Hampton Inn when traveling with family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank SunnyHanda
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved the hotel stay and location. The room was very clean, had a happy staff and the morning breakfast was awesome sauce! Sausage, waffles, real scrambled eggs, pastries, juice, fruit, and Greek yogurt too! I loved...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carmelor150
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We planned our reunion here and were quite delighted with the choice. Rita and the staff were a pleasure with which to work. They were friendly and always willing to assist with anything we needed. They always greeted you with a smile. There were lots of activities for every one of all ages, right nearby. Shopping Malls and restaurants were in walking distance. The kids loved the fact that chuck-e-cheese was right next door. Conference room was perfect for accommodating our group for our in house events. Indoor pool was perfect for one of the nights it rained. Very clean facility. To top it off free hot breakfast buffet! What more can I say.... This place was awesome!

2  Thank TracyLT325
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Over all the Hotel and its staff are very nice. We stay there once a year for the past four years for five days " visiting family".The whirlpool was broken and was just a hot tub was the only thing I can complain about. The reason for taking the time to post this review is that The staff at this hotel is really on top of their game as far as trying to please you. Especially one Miss Philana, she works as the breakfast cook. Being from the south I love biscuits and gravy. They have a daily schedule that they go by for meal planning, and gravy is only on sunday. On Tuesday morning missing home and in a brief conversation I mentioned my love for gravy to miss Philana and was ever so politely informed how the meals were scheduled. Ok I thought no big deal headed home in a few days anyway. But Thursday morning while going down to breakfast, going thru the motions and getting ready for another fun filled day of family visiting, low and behold in the kitchen was a glorious smell I opened the lid and dammmm, There was sausage gravy and biscuits. And the gravy was the bomb, I ate so much and my belly hurt so bad going back up to the room. But that thoughtfulness made the entire rest of my day a lot better. Thanks Philana see you next year. Carl

1  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We loved the hotel stay and location. We planned a 3-day beach trip, but decided to stay about 30 minutes from Virginia beach to reduce costs. The room was very clean, had a happy staff and the morning breakfast was awesome sauce! Sausage, waffles, real scrambled eggs, pastries, juice, fruit, and Greek yogurt too! I loved their robust coffee, some European blend I was told my a nice young gentlemen at the front desk. The breakfast lounge area was nice too for evening dinning, we brought in some food from a local restaurant one evening and ate comfortably with our family in a private area. Service A+ ... Houskeeping not only cleaned my room every day, bust asked me when I wanted service or extra towels. Oh, we have 2 kids and chucky cheese was really close by, well worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for ground level suite 101 !!!! Accommodates 6, pull out sofa bed and 2 queens (or doubles?)