“One night stay....ok”

Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Mosherville, PA
“One night stay....ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Hotel was nice. Pool and hot tub were an added bonus for the kids! I just can't give a good 5 stars to a hotel that does not accomodate you with adequate bedding. These silky things they place on the bed these days that are about 2 feet wide and drape across the top... replacing a bedspread are absolutely useless. Then you get two sheets basically (maybe one isn't but it's so thin it feels like a sheet) to cover up with for the entire night. Come on Wingate, get some real bedding. I like to have blankets on me and I don't like to have to add them to the bed myself. After this hotel we were at another and they actually had nice new bedspreads, blankets, and sheets. I thought I was in luxury-land. I would have slept better if I had had some bedding.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was my third stay at this Wingate Wyndham in Chesapeake.
Excellent staff; hotel clean & neat; great location.
Highest rating possible!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

VIRGINIA BEACH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Nice comfortable setting i would recommend it to friends and family. The staff was great. Enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

BROWNS SUMMIT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Hotel was okay but I expected better for my dollars.
Bathroom lighting could be improved to be brighter in shower area.
One window looking onto the roof was not something I expected and would have been better not to even have a window. Location was close to Norfolk which was good for me and my family. Did not get to use pool or other facilities but they did look appealing.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. It is spacious, clean, and comfortable. It's in the safe greenbrier area of Chesapeake. The folks at the front desk are nice enough. The breakfast is fine...there are two hot choices and your usual continental stuff. The most notable thing for me was that my child's beloved stuffed animal was left behind, and they bagged it up and left it in the laundry room so that when I called to find it, they still had it for me to come pick up. I will stay again when I visit.

Delanco, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We picked this particular hotel because of it's location - easy access to the Bay Bridge for the last leg of our trip home. There are also a lot of restaurants close by to choose from. However, almost all of the restaurants close by 10pm, which was very surprising given the number of hotels in the area so that was annoying as we didn't get here until after 9.
The room was fine...it's well maintained, it seems clean enough, and I don't see any evidence of bugs so we slept comfortably. A big annoyance for me, no cream for coffee in their breakfast bar... just low fat milk. Not like they ran out, either - they just don't bother. Leaving here very grumpy.

MARTHASVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Would stay again if in the area. Hotel was clean & in quiet area. Not far from stores, walmart, mall & food.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group