“Late Arrival Confirmation Not Honored”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
virginia
“Late Arrival Confirmation Not Honored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I WAS to stay at this hotel the last weekend in March but they decided to break my confidentiality and ask someone else that was from the same town as I if I was coming or not (around 8 pm) even though I had a late confirmation. When I arrived at 11 pm with a very tired family, we were told they cancelled my room, I should have called, etc. They attemped to accomodate us by sending us to another hotel that was not large enough to sleep my entire family and did not offer the same amenities (no continental breakfast, not kitchen, not even a microwave or refrigerator in the room) and simply want to say; sorry; we accomadated you and it is not our fault! I will never book here again! I expect to be charged if I do not arrive at a hotel but did not expect they would discuss my stay with anyone else other then me and to cancel when I had a confirmed reservation noting LATE ARRIVAL. Do not trust a Late arrival confirmation at this hotel if considering staying here!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tiredtraveler05
757-420-2525, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention regarding your late arrival confirmation not being honored. We have taken corrective actions to ensure situations like your do not happen again in the future and we look forward to making it up to you when you come back to stay with us in May.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

My family came to have Thanksgiving with me in Cheapeake, Virginia and we had 5 rooms at the Staybridge Hotel in Chesapeake and it was one of if not the best hotel stays we have experienced. The rooms were exceptionally spacious, clean and user friendly. The staff was out of sight, especially Wanda. If you ever want to see the most friendly and pretties smile look for Wanda. The breakfast was out of this world, more than enough food and an extensive variety/selection of food. The food staf was excellent as well as efficient. You will do yourself no favor if you don't experience the numerous eminities and some of the most friendliest people in Chesapeake Virginia

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ArringtonFamily
757-420-2525, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
It was a pleasure to have your family with us for Thanksgiving. Wanda was all smiles when I shared your review with her. Hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for approximately three weeks for business. The housekeeping staff needs to be trained on how to clean a room properly. My floors were not cleaned the entire time I was there. I know this because of the fact that when I checked in there was pubic hair on the floor of the bathroom near the back of the toilet and it was still there when I checked out. I asked to have my sheets changed during the week and was told that sheets are only changed once a week. Several days of towels not being replaced, no toilet paper and trash not being removed. I felt like I was expected to clean my own room.

The hotel hallways are extremely noisy, guest talking loudly and kids running up and down the hallway.

This was by far one of the worst hotel stays that I have ever encountered and I have traveled throughout the world.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank hunter0811
We apologize for some of the housekeeping opportunities that came about during your stay. We greatly appreciate the genuine feedback and will use it as a tool to better our services.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Each time my family and I travel through the area, this is the only hotel we will stay in. It is clean, comfortable, and exactly what we need.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Thank you such for much for always staying with us when you travel to Chesapeake. We appreciate the review and look forward to seeing you again in the near future,

Jason/GM
Hudson Valley NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Clean, quiet, and great value for the money. The rooms are well designed with the exception of the bathrooms which are pretty tight on space. The beds were comfortable and our family of five had plenty of room to stretch out. The staff was friendly and helpful. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank HudsonValleyMan
757-420-2525, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
Thank you for the 2 thumbs up!!! We hope you will come and see us again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed here twice in July, for two days each time. Clean, great location. Suites include a fridge/freezer, stove, microwave, and dishes. Nice staff, good complementary breakfast, and free, convenient dinners mid-week. Right off interstate exit at Greenbrier, which is a major commercial area, shops, mall, restaurants, book store, etc. about .5 miles away. I'd stay here again. One criticism, smokers congregate by the front door. ; (

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridaMom2010
We're glad that you enjoyed yourself and came back to see us again (and within the same month). We hope that you will visit again when your travels bring you back through the Greenbriar area.

Jason/GM
Woodbine, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

I'd requested a non smoking King Suite. We checked in and found that the suite was a smoking suite that REEKED of Smoke something fierce!! Back down to the front desk for another room. Upon entry to that room we found it was 2 Queen Bed Suite. Called the front desk and the clerk mentioned that no other King Suites were available, that the hotel was overbooked. I replied that at least you could have told me that. Later during the managers reception I told what happened to the manager on duty who was kind enough to adjust our room rate.
The value of this hotel are the kitchens in each suite. Such a money saving idea for extended stays. A full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove and dishwasher.
The breakfast offered daily and Managers Dinners (Tues thru Thurs) are another huge value for the Staybridge.
The complimentary washer and dryer use is fantastic. At times it could be a wait to use them, it certainly is worth it.
The staff (other than the clerk on the first day) is wonderful. Personable, and helpful without being overly annoying.
My biggest issue again was the smoking odor that could be detected even as you walked down the hallways or stood in the elevator. During this visit there were a lot of smokers that congregated at the front entrance. I'd like to see the hotel, designate another location for the smokers so folks don't have to walk through the haze of smoke.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank allencemea
757-420-2525, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our hotel staff and great value. We will definately address the guest smoking situation to find a suitable solution. Hope to see you again for next year's softball tournament.