“Highly Recommended”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I had a wonderful experience at Staybridge of Chesapeake. They welcomed my family, including my full-sized Labrador retriever, with open arms. Great military discounts, and superb customer service. Our suite was immaculate, and fully equipped with an all access kitchen(dishwasher, 2 burner stove, fridge, microwave, dishes). Complimentary dinners Tuesday-Thursday, and breakfast every day. Comfortable beds, and a clean restroom.. what more can you ask for? I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

I am so glad that you and your family could join us during a recent visit to the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. We are always excited to welcome new friends in hopes of making your lodging choice easy whenever your travels bring you to the area. Thank you for proving feedback about the useful amenities we provide to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I booked a room here based on my stay at another Staybridge in another state. My prior stay was fantastic, this stay was pretty mediocre. There's nothing really wrong here, but comparatively speaking, this property is starting to show some age and the housekeeping needs to tighten up. Little things like vacuuming and dusting, making sure towels are replenished, getting rid of ratty bedsheets, some touch-up paint would go a long way in increasing my rating for this property. I will say that customer service was first-rate - everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. It was quiet on my end of the hall and in my room, the bed was comfy, the towels/washcloths were above average, and a nice selection of breakfast foods. This wouldn't be my first choice if I'm in the area again, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property, where the windows are not facing the busy highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ms90
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback in regard to a recent stay with us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I would like another opportunity to provide the "wow" you were looking for in order to solidify a #1 spot when you are choosing accommodations in the area. Please reach out to me directly at 757-420-2525 the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake and I would be delighted to handle your arrangements.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

First when we arrived, my reservation thru my e-mail stated what I wanted which was a king smoking suite, but we check in I'm informed that No, I have a Queen studio smoking, that's not what I reserved, I have a reason for a King Suite, when I come to a hotel I come to get peace away from My four kids, with my husband, it gives a chance to be in separate spaces but in the same room, even though they cut my rate in half, because of the mix up, it thru my plans off totally, once in the room, I go to turn on the heat and it sounded like a greyhound bus running, it was so loud I had to turn the tv all the way up to hear it, the suite was small, no alarm clock, my husband and I sat on the bed and the whole bed lifted by the headboard, I was miss informed on the breakfast time, so I missed that, went all the way downstairs to get luggage cart and there were none, they contacted floor man to meet me on fourth floor with one, he was on the 2nd, he never came so we carried everything by hand downstairs,.......overall I got some sleep!

Room Tip: Don't get a queen suite if your looking for space
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica V

First, let me thank you for initially choosing to stay with us at the Staybridge Suites in Chesapeake. I am disappointed to hear that your experience was less than exceptional. I apologize for the inconveniences you faced and invite you to call me directly at 757-420-2525 the next time you are in the area so that we may have another opportunity to provide the type of service you expect and deserve as one of our guests.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was travelling from Savannah after a great stay at the Staybridge Suites and decided to try it again in Chesapeake. Everything was absolutely superb. At check in both the desk clerk and specifically Clair Vogt welcomed me and my dog with open arms. I stay at a lot of properties and most of them just grunt when you check in. Not here!!!!! Later in the evening there was a rather fowl odor in and around my room. Without batting an eye, the folks at the desk moved me immediately to another room. The odor which was from another guest room was rectified immediately also. Have to tell you, I stayed at the Omni in Richmond at twice the price and it didn't even come close to these accomodations. Hope they keep it up.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

I am so glad that you decided to try the Staybridge Suites in Chesapeake on your way up from Savannah. Thank you as well for mentioning Clair in your review. She is a very important member of our team and a tremendous asset in our service commitment to our guests. I'm happy you were able to bring your dog and hope that you keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I received excellent service. The staff was very very attentive. My 3 & 5: year old LOVED the fresh popcorn in the theatre. If I had one complaint it would be the attitude of Norma at breakfast. It appeared that the guests were "bothering" her. Juan at the front desk was very kind. Jackie was also very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you so much for the review! I am delighted to hear that the young ones enjoyed themselves as well. Our Theatre Room is very popular with guests of all ages and is a unique amenity that not many hotels offer. Thank you as well for mentioning two wonderful employees in Jajuan and Jackie. They are both kind in nature and generous in service. I will be certain to share your feedback in regard to your breakfast experience with our kitchen staff as well. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you the next time at Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

My wife and I stayed with the Staybridge-Chesapeake family for a few weeks during the transitional period between work assignment locations.

The key to the success of this property is the staff. There was no small issue that wasn’t attended to and corrected immediately. Though I do not recall the names of each and every member of the high quality staff, some of those that we got to know best were Cindy, Marcia, Jajuan and Jackie, only because they were on duty at the times we in and around the hotel.

We only talked with the manager, Damon, a few times, but it is clear he has a good thing going here. His staff members speak very highly of him.

Now that we have found a permanent residence and our furniture will be arriving soon, we must leave the friendly staff of Staybridge-Chesapeake, but since we will live nearby, we may just drop in to visit.

Room Tip: A great palce to stay, whether it is a a day or two, or an extended stay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WA2world
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

I am pleased to hear that our product provides all the essential items needed for transitional assignments such as yours. You are exactly right in regard to the staff at this hotel. Truly, they are what make our property unique and set us apart from all others. Each member is a sincere hospitality professional that takes great pride in caring for our guests who we consider family. Thank you for recognizing there efforts and for choosing the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. Please do visit us anytime as family is always welcome in our home! See you again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

The staff was excellent. From the time we checked in to the moment we checked out. Very friendly to everyone, and helpful. The GM was prompt to accommodate and made sure we had a very pleasant stay. We will be suggesting this hotel to friends and family. Thank you for a wonderful weekend Staybridge of Chesapeake!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us at the Staybridge Suites in Chesapeake during your recent trip to the area. I hope that we have many more opportunities to provide outstanding accommodations and exceptional customer service each and every time you join us! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.