Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 25 May 2013

rooms are nice and they look clean . It was a wonderful stay until 9.40 am I was woke up due to being bit under my arm pit really scared me . I did go to the front desk and I hope the hotel checked out the room i was staying in. I have been seeing alot of bug bits from people and in the news. I even cleaned some bugs up in the kitchen that were in the dishes , my guess is the staff is not cleaning what looks clean .Also pest company,s and health department should be doing there monthly inspection. I also was bit in the shower thinking it was a sting from mint soap it not it is a bit that also has 3 bits that are small and red and round . Other than a bug problem that sure not eacy for the customer to see and may be a new issue for this hotel, it is clean the carpet walls and furniture ,bathroom was clean , kitchen needed little cleaning do to dead bugs and sticky food on the floor.The staff are wonderful hard workers that go the extra mile for there costomer,s .Thank you for the meals you do offer at no extra price . I do know even after getting bit I will stay here again, because the service is great.

Room Tip: Instead of cleaning up the bugs my self when I checked in . I learned its best to let the hotel know...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I am glad that you enjoyed the evening Social and found our staff to be hospitable and dedicated to ensuring your comfort while our guest. I have shared your comments in regard to the room cleanliness with our team and trust that the proper steps will be taken to make certain we do a better job in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot for my job and this is one of my favorite hotels!! The staff is very friendly, they always make me feel at home. The food is good, every morning they have fresh fruit and at night delicious fresh baked cookies. They also have a theater room perfect for football!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Saftey2glasses
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake! I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, amenities and service. I am certainly ready for a great summer, however can't wait to get football back on the big screen too! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We used to stay at this hotel every other weekend for almost two years; since the beginning of Jan. 2013, we have had 3 (three) incidents where the hotel staff charged our card for time we were not there or they doubled / tripled our pre-authorized stay total, tying up our travel funds for days. Had to make a POLICE report for this as they were making fraudulent charges to our checking account!!! Management was belligerent and rude And refused to rectify our accounts, but went on to want to charge our credit card additional funds!!!!!! BEWARE and CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mama D
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

I certainly understand and can relate to your frustration when it comes to the authorization of funds. I would like to clarify that it was a debit card used and not a credit card which unfortunately has different rules set by your bank for the approval of funds. Debit cards are treated differently than credit cards and the process of obtaining authorization can tie up someone's personal account funds for several days depending on your bank's rules. We certainly try to notify the guest of this when we recognize a debit card being used. We also provide literature at check in to help the customer understand what using a debit card will mean to their bank account. I apologize if we failed to recognize this as a debit card and will reach out to ensure that your bank has released any unnecessary authorization.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I must admit that my complaints about this hotel have nothing to do with the staff or the property. Our suite was clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly but the entire place reaked of cigarette smoke. My one year old has asthma and I was never more grateful to have packed her meds since she needed multiple treatments and still wheezed the entire time. We could not wait to check out in the morning and check into the Marriot next door which is nonsmoking. If you are going to allow smoking in 1/2 of your hotel you need a much better ventilation system than the one this hotel has to keep the smoke from overwehlming the entire place. We also had a terrible experience at the pool, 20 unsupervized preteens and teens with no repect for other people or their belongings, they sat on our dry clothes, took our towels and used the handicap chairs as jumping ramps into the pool. The breakfast buffet had a great selection of food but had run out of milk by 8 am, and since my 2 young children eat only cereal, the breakfast didn't ever work out for my family. I chose this hotel due to trip advisors glowing reports and was far from impressed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank VirginiaEspana
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

I am truly disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during a recent stay. I would welcome an opportunity to address your concerns further in the hopes of demonstrating our service commitment to our guests. I will be reaching out to personally see if there is anything we can do to regain your trust in order to rectify this situation.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is one of those places that you feel like you can actually catch your breath, and you feel well taken care of! The staff was absolutely wonderful, the King room was great, my husband loved swimming laps in the pool, and they keep the hotel in nice working order! The breakfast options were numerous, and it just felt like a home away from home plus some great added bonuses! You can even reserve the "theater room" while your there and bring your own movie (or choose from theirs)...with fresh popcorn made for you and your group...how fun is that?! Or you could just enjoy a movie in your own room like we did (they actually provide a DVD/VCR in the rooms)! The General Manager was exceptionally wonderful, and I don't know how I could thank him enough for making our special night away that much more special! We hope one day to return to catch another refreshing night away!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank doeringfamof9

I must say it was a pleasure meeting you and your husband! It is always wonderful to welcome new friends to our home and provide the type of service that creates a memorable experience for our guests. I definitely look forward to welcoming you back again when you have another opportunity to relax and recharge!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on vacation, and we were very happy with the overall experience. The continental breakfast, spacious suite, and the surprisingly tasty dinner on tues-thurs, was an exceptionally great treat. There were certain staff members that went out of their way to help us with anything we needed such as Jajuan Mosby who was the most hospitable person, his customer service was outstanding, which really made a difference. On the oher hand, there was a lady staff at breakfast who appeared to be annoyed when we asked for hot water. We found ourselves a hotel to stay when we visit Virginia, and that's at the Staybridge in Chesapeake. Thanks much!

• Stayed: March 2013

I'm so glad you were able to join us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake for a recent vacation. Thank you for the feedback as well on the breakfast and Social items. We have worked hard on our new menu offerings which incorporate fresher products and local ingredients. I'm delighted that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting the area and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I loved the hotel and the staff. The breakfast was awesome and my room was very clean and spacious. I enjoyed the amenities such as the theater, fitness center, indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. Nothing to complain about. The front desk staff was always courteous and friendly. All of them are an asset to the hotel. Will definitely return back on another visit to VA.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy all of our amenities while at the property. Thank you as well for acknowledging the staff of the hotel. I am very fortunate to work with a lot of wonderful people who care about the guest and take pride in providing outstanding service. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake!