“Excellent stay”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 7 September 2008

My family and I got in Many hours later than expected and the staff was helpful in the wee hours of the morning upon our arrival with a prompt check in.
The room was spacious & beautifully decorated as well as extra clean except in need of a good vacuuming...there was someone's long gray hairs on just about anything that dropped to the floor.
The hotel overall was kid friendly ( we had our 11, 4 and almost 2 year old sons with us) with a clean pool.
Great complimentary breakfast.
We will definitely stay again as we have family in the area.
Wish they had a Staybridge Suites one in our area of MA for school vacations quick get-aways..

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
gm_staybridgech, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2008

Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad you and the kids were able to enjoy the hotel... especially the pool and free breakfast. Staybridge is a newer hotel concept from ihg (same company as Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn), so hopefully you will get one in your area soon for those short vacations during the school year. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Chesapeake

Reviewed 21 August 2008

Making reservations were easy and nice. The Hotel is beautiful, the room was very nice but the toilet ran all night and the carpet was dirty. For the most part I would stay there again because I loved the location and the room was nice and spacious. What I did not like was the service from the ladies at the front desk, I found them both to be very unfreindly and did not display any good customer service. I also found that the young lady that worked the front desk on Saturday and Sunday 08/16/08-08/17/08 was rude.

We had three seperate convesations with her and she was rude all three times.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_staybridgech, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2008

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our new hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly regarding the service that you experienced at the front desk (757-420-2525). We would love to have you come back to the area and try us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2008

While looking for a hotel in Chesapeake for use prior to our Outer-Banks vacation I checked Trip Advisor and was impressed by the reviews this property was given. I wrote an Email to the GM of the hotel explaining that we would be coming with our toddler and asked that the sofa-bed in the suite be converted into a bed for him.

Upon our arrival the reception desk knew our son's name the moment we walked through the door. She offered our son a treat (a snack-pack of fruit). When we checked into the room (which was very large, well equipped, and clean) the sofa bed had, indeed been converted into a bed. There was also a note from the GM welcoming us to the hotel.

A little while later our little guy asked for a bananna. We, of course, didn't have one -- so we asked at the front desk and they opened the breakfast area storage to get him a bananna. Truly above and beyond the call of duty.

Thank you Staybridge for an outstanding stay. We will be using your hotel again each time we stop enroute to the outer banks.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_staybridgech, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2008

We appreciate the nice review and hope your family had a great time in the outerbanks. Hopefully you and your wife were able to catch some of the opening Olympic Ceremony while you were here.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2008

We travel to the Va Beach area several times a year and always check Trip Advisor for any new (and reasonably priced) properties. This suite hotel had such good reviews that we decided to give it a try.
This is a new and wonderful hotel. It has a full kitchen and is furnished well. The linens are great and the whole place is so clean. It is also well located for the family that we visit here.
A couple of small problems tho--I thought that the beds were a bit too hard,and the windows only have sheers (not blinds or dark curtains) so that in the am I was awakened too early. On the other side of the hotel, the afternoon sun must have been pretty bad with no way to block it out.
All in all, a great stay & we will book here the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_staybridgech, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2008

Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to visit family in the area. P.S.- love the profile photo!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2008

I was very happy to win the Staybridge Suites on Priceline. I saw all the amentities the hotel offers and its #1 ranking in Chesapeake. We were looking for something close to the beach area. More importantly, Jason the manager made us feel right at home before arriving. He assured me a non-smoking king suite, and hooked us up with $12 discounts at Busch Gardens for later in our trip. He had them sitting in a nice card as we entered our suite. I could tell he really cares about the customers from reading his replies on Tripadvisor.

Here is a list of amenities we enjoyed during our 2 nights:
1. Two room suite with two TV's. Also includes a DVD player.
2. Full kitchen complete with appliances and utensils.
3. Free Internet.
4. Complimentary breakfast buffet with a nice variety of items. The list includes: eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, French toast sticks, fruit, cereal, bagels, and many kinds of juice, milk and coffee.
5. Welcome bag upon arrival with water and some Planter's nuts.

Other amentities offered that we didn't have time for:
1. Mini Home Theater located in the lobby.
2. Indoor Pool
3. Exercise room

I thought the suite was clean and very roomy. Everything we used was in good working order. Any negatives about the room? If I had to be picky, I wish there was more water pressure in the shower. I did like the idea of separate sinks and I had no problems sleeping in the king bed.

As another reviewer stated, the breakfast buffet on weekends can get a little crazy. We decided to hit the buffet later on the second morning after things had cleared out, and that worked well. There was still plenty of food and tables to sit at. . The employees even mentioned it's not as hectic during the week. One should not leave hungry in the morning.

Hotel is located right off I-64 and there's a ton of places to eat and shop within a mile radius. We had no ploblems driving out to Sandbridge Beach on Saturday morning. It's an easy ride on back roads and well worth the trip. Staybridge is definitely a good base for the Virginia Beach-Chesapeake area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gm_staybridgech, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2008

Thank you so much for the great review and photos. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back to the Chesapeake, VA area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 21 July 2008

Brand new, very nice hotel. Decent Priceline rate at a busy time in VA Beach. We checked in later than we anticipated and upon entering room found out it was a smoking room, called desk and was told nothing else available. I forgot to call ahead and request non smoking. My wife, who is sensitive to smoke, went down to desk and asked if we could get another room when one became available. She instantly found us a handicapped accessible room and gave a lecture about using Priceline. Breakfast was good, bright sun comes into room with no drapes, people were trying to find sitting spots away from sun. Pool area looks nice, very busy with kids on Fridays. Rooms are very nice, a little awkward to watch bulky tv from bed and couch at same time, for newness of hotel a flat screen tv would fit in better. Free wireless is nice. Upon checkout whic was prepaid on Priceline, I was given a receipt that wasn't mine, I told the hostess that I prepaid on Priceline but she insisted I take receipt, I don't think she spoke much english, a little confusing.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for the review. I'm glad we were able to accomidate your non smoking request. We definately suggest calling the hotel for room request when making reservations through priceline. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2008

We went to this hotel for a family wedding. They were unable to accomodate our room selection which was important as we were having our kids babysat during the wedding. We chose the suites as it would be more comfortable for our kids instead of a regular hotel room.

The hotel room and furnishings are top notch! But you better bring your own nonskid tub mat, as this is the most dangerous slippery tub I have ever been in.

The hotel promotes a free hot buffet breakfast, which is on site in the lobby if you arrive at the correct time. On the weekends it is open from 7:30-10:30am. Our family had to wait to get a seat to eat with our two small toddlers and then when we did finally sit, there was no food. At 10am my sister came down to eat breakfast and was told there would not be anymore food served. HELLO, the time says 10:30! The ladies running the buffet were in the back talking not doing their job! I heard many guests complain about the lack of food and cleanliness of the buffet. Even though it is "free" is is a part of why people choose to stay with Staybridge. This happened both mornings we were there.

The worst part of our stay is that we were not given our requested and reserved accomodation because someone extended their stay. We were put on an entirely different wing than the rest of our family, important because our children were split between our room and the grandparents room! In the end we decided to extend our stay as well, but we were told we would have to move to another room! UGH! We were not going to pack up everything and then move rooms just for one night. It was sad the same courtesy that was afforded others to mess our reservation was not given to us in the end.

We loved this place, but because of the poor staff and poor managment we had more stress than we should have had to encounter during this stay. A call to corporate will be made today. Good Luck!

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We're glad that you enjoyed the facilities here at the Staybridge. As we continually find ways to improve our service, we will look into the opportunities you have mentioned. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Jason