“don't miss it”

Ranked #15 of 510 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2014

it's a "go-to" place for locals...so you know it has to be good...the food was tasty, hot and plentiful - so much that I had a hard time finishing the meal. It's breakfast and lunch only, except for Friday nights - the first time we went about 9AM - the place was jammed...the second time we went a little earlier and got a table with friends. He loves the blueberry pancakes - she loves the sweet potato biscuits...I had the Filipino fried rice special. The service was efficient - with abundant smiles - the price was just right. This is a win-win for us whenever we go back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our first visit was Sunday morning and, as should be expected, the restaurant was jammed. The staff were working as hard as they could, but had difficulty keeping up. The meal was just a little off. My shrimp and grits were warm, not hot; and my sweet potato biscuit was close to room temperature. But there was enough taste in the food to draw us back the next morning.

On Monday we hit the jackpot! The service was very attentive, everything was served hot and was delicious. My Nawlins Cajun omelette was amazing with just the right amount of Cajun spice to suit me and the sweet potato biscuit melted the butter. My wife loved her sweet potato pancakes and the kielbasa sausage...and the sweet potato biscuit. And, we didn't eat again until dinner that evening.
Just to make it perfect, as we were leaving Monday our waitress from Sunday passed us at the door and welcomed us back. Made me think of my favorite breakfast spot- my grandmother's.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This is one breakfast spot that will never get one dollar of my money. We visited in the winter and were trying to get in the door, however the person in front of us stopped. Me and two kids could not get inside and were in the doorway. At this time we were rudely told to shut the door. Needless to say we turned around and left and have not been back since. Too many breakfast places around to be treated rude.

1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My daughter and I meet my parents almost every Saturday here for "breakfast". Of course we never arrive before 11:00am so we get breakfast/lunch. We've eaten here several times for lunch too. The food/service is good. Everyone is very nice. It's like going to eat with family and friends. We relax, enjoy each other's company with a good cup of coffee and conversation. It's the best part of my Saturday.

1  Thank MargaritaR451
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a Mom & Pop Family owned restaurant. The food is always superb. My wife and I like going to the early breakfast specials. Very friendly staff and quick service. We also noticed that this restaurant is spotless (Very Clean). We will make many more visits to this restaurant.