I think Candlewood Suites must simply be the barebones version of the Holiday Inn family of hotels. So, I have no complaints other than the concept. For example, the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the location was convenient for our trip and to shopping areas. And if that's all you need go ahead and stay here. I was disappointed in the room only because it was called a "suite". For candlewood, a suite means a small mini bar, small fridge, and small microwave all crammed in a normal size room ta-da. They offered NO Complimentary Breakfast as do other Holiday Inn Express Suites. They have a small pantry you can buy breakfast bars and boxes of cereal from, but very disappointing. The next disappointment came from the knowledge that they do NOT provide daily housekeeping... only weekly housekeeping. So if you want a new clean towel, guess what, you have to take your current used towel to the front desk and hand it over in order to get a new towel. We even saw a guest ask the front desk for a new towel and the girl at the counter kindly said "sure, bring me your used towel and I will give you a new one." So a fatal flaw I see in their operation model is without daily housekeeping, they don't know when someone is checked out, or don't have the room automatically cleaned. What this meant to me is that when we arrived at 6pm to check in, the front desk said they would have to clean our room before they could check us in. Huh? (I had a reservation for 2 weeks, I drove 9 hours and now I have to wait for a room to be cleaned before I can check in??) No thanks. We stayed there for 2 nights but promptly rescheduled other reservations later in the week to cancel the next Candlewood Suites stay. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Chesapeake Suffolk - Hampton Roads Area VA.The Chesapeake Suffolk Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites Hotels. Specializing in your extended stay experience, the Candlewood Suites hotel is the perfect environment for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary & corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located at Exit 11 of I 664 near I 64, & I 264, and minutes from Portsmouth, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk & Virginia Beach business & real estate districts. Our location offers easy access to Harbour View Commerce Park, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, SAIC, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Mitre, Sysco JFCOM , US Coast Guard & the Newport News Navy Shipyard. The Candlewood Suites Hotel offers apartment-like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee applies) offers studio & one-bedroom apartment-like suites featuring fullyequipped kitchens, spacious living & work areas, TV w/ DVD players and free wired & wireless Internet access. Other features include a 24-hour business center w/ free Internet, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard w/grills & our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk Hotel Chesapeake
- Chesapeake Candlewood Suites