“Ann McKeel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Roxboro, North Carolina, United States
“Ann McKeel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Best Hotel I've ever stayed in. Staff is friendly and always asked if I needed anything. Rooms are spacious and very clean (while exploring the hotel I noticed housekeeping staff steam cleaning mattresses), the grounds are very well kept, loved the doggy area (with provided bags for clean up), there is even a small food pantry (store) with refrigerated items, healthy snacks, laundry supplies,(washer and dryer was free), etc. They've thought of every need. As I was on my own with my dog, I always felt very safe, even while walking him at 5:00 in the morning. Property is very well illuminated and VERY quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann M
Peter K, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Ms.McKeel,
It was a pleasure to meet with you in person at the desk. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is our only priority and we strive hard to make our guests happy. Our heartfelt thanks to you from the entire team and we look forward to see you again. Consider us home!
Peter.K - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We cancelled our reservation. After scheduling our stay we noted an undisclosed pet fee of $75.00 per night! Almost as much as the room itself. Confirmed this with the hotel staff. That is a pretty outrageous fee for one dog.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pete_ivk
Peter K, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for loyalty to our brand, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Bagram, Afghanistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have to say that I had a very relaxed stay. The hotel is very well maintained to be 5yrs old. The staff are very friendly and cordial. Always greeted with a smile. I liked it because of the fact that where it's located is pretty quiet. You don't hear too much noise from traffic going by. I would stay again. I didn't mind it at all :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IdaLW
Poquoson, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

While staying at this hotel the night of our wedding all of our monetary gifts were stolen from our car. I asked the desk clerk if there was video and he said maybe but only the manager could look. They wrote my name and number on the back of another slip of paper and didn't even take a formal inquiry. Two days later we came back to talk to the manager and she said the car hadn't been on camera and that she had tried to call earlier that day. I had no missed calls on my phone. Oddly enough no one had been in the parking lot when we arrived or in the lobby or elevator. Only the desk clerk saw me come in wearing a wedding dress. Our car was not decorated with "just married" or anything of the sort. Somehow the only thing taken or even looked through was the card box. I have called corporate who has sent an email to this hotel asking them to call me and its been almost a day and I still have not heard back. It seems that there is something very suspicious going on here and I feel as though we were targeted by the staff as honeymooners. Now it feels as though the hotel is covering it up and not being helpful at all. I would not stay here or at any other of these chains again! The staff is obviously untrustworthy and when things go wrong can not be counted upon to take the situation seriously.

Room Tip: no where in this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon W
Peter K, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. It was unfortunate and our heartfelt apologies for the supposed robbery incident. All of the staff members have empathized over the issue to you and the Manager Tammy has spoken to you in length. She even took you to the surveillance area and showed you the security monitor and discussed with you in detail. However in the TV interview, you made a comment that you left the car "UNLOCKED" and there was no forced entry!!! Although getting robbed in a very busy parking lot in today's day & age is not uncommon locking your car will definately enhance better security.I take a lot of pride to thank my honest and dedicated staff who would not only go an extra mile and do whatever it takes to make my guests happy. There have been many occasions where my honest staff has turned in expensive diamond jewellery, Ipod, Ipad, wallet,etc. which was left in the rooms. I am sorry you suspect hotel staff but our staff has only been safegaurding troopers highly caring for our valuable guests. Once again thanks for staying with us.At our hotel Guest Services is not everything but it is the only thing! We care, love and value our guests.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

If you need a long term place to stay, this is not a bad hotel. The first non-smoking room we were put in had obviously been smoked in but they gladly changed us to another room. Overall, the hotel is clean and well maintained. The corridors are heavily perfumed, and that is a bit overwhelming, but the staff is friendly, the beds comfortable, and the price was right for a long term stay. We booked 3 rooms and were there a week the first time and two nights the second time on business. This hotel gets lots of contractors staying there who come in to work in the area. Parking is ample even with many trucks. We also saw happy families with kids. The grounds were als clean and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ClearBlueDaze
Zebulon, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Check-in went smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about the clerk that was working when we got there. Check-out went.....not so smooth! I called to request a late check out.. The desk clerk said that she would call me back. Well I waited over thirty minutes. I called her back and she apologized for not getting back with me. We were given a late check out of 2pm. At approximately 1:05 the phone rang in my room. It was the general manager of the property. She stated that they could not honor the late 2pm check out because there was a reservation for the room that we were in. We were basically kicked out. I am a priority member which obviously means nothing. The room was wonderful but customer service needs improvement. Everyone should be on the same page so that what happened to us does not happen to anyone else.Definitely do not plan on staying there again. Better service and amenities await you at the Holiday Inn around the corner from this property.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrMichaelBatts
Peter K, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Mr. Batts,

Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

The rooms are spacious and well maintained, and the staff goes out of their way to ensure that your stay is perfect. Outdoor seating area and grill are a nice touch for the warm days, and the rooms comes equipped with full kitchens.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo