All reviews the ice maker an extended stay hotel room was clean full kitchen awesome hotel enjoyed my stay front desk staff kitchenette virginia interstate mall
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on 4 separate times occasions over the course of three months. Really friendly staff, very clean and a good kitchen setup to help save from dining out. Can't think of any complaints. Highly recommend

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan A
Reviewed 6 October 2016

My wife and I stayed for nearly two and a half weeks near the end of July while searching for a house to rent or buy. The tourist season was in full swing and it was difficult to find a nice hotel anywhere for a reasonable price. This Candlewood Suites turned out to be the best compromise between cost and comfort. At the end of our stay, I was happy to leave.
Positive: The bed was very comfortable and clean. The room was good sized. The pillows were great. The kitchenette has nice granite countertops. The air conditioning worked very well. The location of the hotel is in an above-average neighborhood and I was never concerned for my safety or that my car would be burglarized, vandalized or stolen. The free laundry worked well, the exercise equipment was handy, the guest pantry (to buy snacks and free coffee) was convenient and the prices were reasonable.
Negatives: Overall, cleanliness did not meet my expectations. The main surfaces were clean, but there was a lot of filth in the corners and the "out of the way" places. The cupboard tops above the stove area were filthy and caked with grease. The carpeting made the bottom of my feet black when I walked on it barefoot (probably not a good idea). The sofa seemed to have sweat stains on it. I made a trip to Walmart and bought some cleaner and rags to clean all the cupboards, shelves, corners, cabinets, etc. There seemed to be a bit of confusion on which day our room would be cleaned and our sheets were not changed during the first two weeks we stayed (the first time our sheets were changed was was two days before we checked out). It was easy to go to the front desk for extra towels. I think the occupant before us smoked in the room and we could still smell cigarette smoke.
The front desk was always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ron S
Peter K, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Ron,
Thank You for staying with us for over two weeks in July and taking time in October to send us your valued feedback! It will be shared with all appropriate departments. We value your business and patronage to our brand!
Best Regards!

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay. I am big on customer service and this hotel does not disappoint. After checking in I went to put a few things In my room. When I walked back into the lobby, the desk clerk made sure that I was pleased with my room. Housekeeping is doing a wonderful job. My room was clean and I appreciated the fact that I was not rushed out in the morning by them knocking on my door before checkout time. I will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willette B
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We had a comfortable one night stay here and we got a good deal on the room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The kitchen area was very convenient and provided to be very useful. The room also had a DVD player which was nice. So overall a great place to stay if you're on a budget.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We had a reservation for a while and when it came time to check in some of the guys didn't have any cooking utensils in their kitchenettes so the front desk was more than Helpful to accommodate us with what we needed.thanks and can't wait to see you next time

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business