“Wish I could give it more than 5 stars!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Pittsburgh, PA
“Wish I could give it more than 5 stars!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here on a Monday on my way down to Myrtle Beach. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the wifi worked great. The staff was very friendly, especially Christa at checkout in the morning. The breakfast was the best I have ever experienced at any of the choice hotel chains. It was a hot breakfast with little cheese omelets, sausage patties, breakfast potatoes, make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, and yogurt. Geraldine who worked the breakfast room not only kept everything spotless and well stocked, she went out of her way to be accommodating to the guests. I didn't use the pool, so I can't comment on that. I wish every Comfort Inn could be as good as tis one!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theduelingprincess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

first off I work nights and sleep during the day, after checking in at 1:30 pm, I tried to lay down to get some sleep before the night of work, only to be bombarded with doors slamming, kids running up and down the hallways, screaming at one another. I went to the front desk to see if there was something that could be done to stop the noise, to be told it was the owners soccer team and there was nothing that could be done, no room change nothing, I was just going to have to live with as long as they were here, so beware of this place if there is a team event, the owner is only concerned with his pals

Room Tip: make sure there are no team events during your stay
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kings Park, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This past weekend I spent 2 nights at this Comfort Inn. While I was not expecting 5 star accommodations, I was not expecting the overwhelming odor that never left my room. Unfortunately, this was the experience of most, if not all, of the other families attending the tournament. The consensus among our group was that the odor was rodent/bug spraying, although management would not confirm the source of the odor. In fact, all inquires were met with equivocation. Although the staff was exceedingly polite, this was a very unpleasant experience, that I would not wish to repeat. As already stated, I was not expecting a deluxe level of accommodation, but I was hoping for an odor free experience. In good conscience, I cannot recommend this hotel to others and would have checked out if there were other rooms available if the immediate vicinity and if I was not obligated by tournament officials to stay in an "approved " hotel".

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Smithtown
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel was booked for our Girls Lacrosse Team to play in the Capital Cup tournament upon entering the room my family new it was not good. The smell in the room was so overpowering! I think it was some kind of bugspray. I was really concerned because my daughter has asthma. Couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mmam4
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have stopped at this Comfort Inn a few times. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, room quiet and the bed is comfortable! A recent renovation has nicely updated this Comfort Inn. The hot breakfast was fair: sausage, potatoes, formed egg patties, etc. I usually choose the cold items: yogurt, cereal, muffins. There is an outdoor pool (located in the parking lot) with new landscaping and relaxing tropical music. The room rates here always seem to be lower than other hotels in the area. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IWork2TravelUSA
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while driving a bus tour. Always a concern is whether there is room to maneuver a bus in the parking lot. At this hotel, this wasn't an issue because there is excellent parking on the street in front of the hotel. The rooms were immaculately clean, the beds were terrific, and the complimentary breakfast was very complete. This will be my choi e every time I need a hotel in this area.

• Stayed July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Was in the area for business and stayed at the Comfort Inn. The room was clean and roomy as well as good internet service. The hotel is in a good location with plenty of restaurants in the area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business