“On second thought”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Quincy, Massachusetts
“On second thought”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Stopped here by chance on the way to FL. Experience on checking in left a lot to be desired. Without going into detail it was a problem right from the beginning. It was late and I was tired so I decided to stay the night. On returning home a set an e-mail to the manager and got an immediate response. In addition to offering me a free nights stay on a future trip, she also credited my charge card for the one nights stay. Bernadette made a bad situation better and she is to be commended

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2011

It was just an overnight stop on the family trip. This hotel I chose not by accident, had a very good experience before. So, got a great room, great amenities. Staff immediately addressed my concern about smoking smell in a nonsmoking room, they gave us a room right across the hall, so no problems after that. Had complimentary breakfast buffet which was satisfactory... We really wanted sausage and omelet, but it would cost you. Another suggestion, put microwave in the room!

Room Tip: I think the higher the better
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was just a quick one nighter for us. We were just hoping to get checked in, grab some zzz's and breakfast in the morning on our way out. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Friendly, efficient and kind. The hotel has a few quirks in the rooms - lighting is a little dim and the heating unit is old but the place was clean and the beds were comfy. We would stay here again and also recommend it to friends and family.

I almost forgot the bonus. Jalapenos Mexican restaurant is literally at the edge of the parking lot. Excellent near authentic Mexican - one of the best Mexican restaurants I've tried in Virginia.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I just needed a place to stay for the night after an 8-hour drive. I walked in this Hyatt and thought ok not a bad choice. The receptionist was on what sounded like a personal call and paid little attention to me. Finally a manager showed up and started to check me in while he, too, was on a personal call!!! He had a Bluetooth thing on so it was hard to tell when he was speaking with me; he kept saying "oh, not you".

I was a single traveler and he gave me a room with 2 beds; after I specified that I needed a single! Anyway, It was very late and dark so I can't really comment on the cleanliness of the facility. The room was decent and the bathroom was clean. The beds, on the other hand, were just plain nasty. The first one had brown hair all over!!!! I was so tired and needed to get back on the road early the next day so I moved on to the second bed...no hair but a signs that says something like "to help the environment we only change our sheets every 3 days". Really??? Even after someone slept in them???

Check out was a mission. I paid cash and they kept saying I have a balance...that looked like a credit. What? I was done at that point. I sincerely hope that daytime service is better because the night crew doesn't seem to have a clue! I should have picked one of the cheaper hotels nearby. I mean this is a Hyatt!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Katutu
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2011

just what it should be no more or no less, just weak breakfast but hyatt place is not what you want for breakfast anyway. just a good cheap hotel with good service.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
NJ
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This Hyatt has generally all the things you need but the noise from the indiviidual fan and AC in each bedroom will cause you pause. I don't know that there is anything that can be done about it but to change the type of cooling/heating device.
The coffee is terrible------supposed to be Starbucks, but tooo bitter and weak. The rest of the Continental breakfast is fine.
The bathroom has poor lighting, granted it is only a tub/shower and toilet but still it would be nice to have had some light in the shower. The sink is outside that room where the light is better at least.
To get to the outside pool you have to walk past the AC units and the smoking employees.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Couch not in room as described. Removed by management for there personal reasons. I was stuck with a room without the sofa bed that I needed. Given comp breakfast coupons to make up for the couch but no one was there to make breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011