“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is fantastic. The staff strives to meet your every need 24/7. There is complimentary breakfast, WiFi, and business office. There is also a pool that would not be complete without the grill they have. The rooms are very spacious with a swivel television. There is also a desk and refrigerator.

Overall I have had an excellent experience while staying here. I would without a doubt stay every time I pass through the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Chester, VA during a business trip, and I’m very happy to stay that it was the most pleasant experience I have had in awhile. The rooms are spacious and offer many amenities like a business center, pool, a full service bar, and room service. I would recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone looking for a five star resort at an affordable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently booked a room at the Hyatt Place at the recommendation of my sister. The hotel was tremendous and a great value. The room was spacious, with two double (not queen) beds and a large sitting room with table and two chairs, desk and chair, and a large couch (sleeper sofa) and ottoman. The condition of the room and the hotel overall was excellent, with no visible dirt in the expected places, i.e., corners and elevators.

The staff was very courteous upon our arrival and it continued into the morning with the breakfast staff and front-desk staff at check-out. The lobby was a welcoming area to sit with friends to chat or have a drink.

The breakfast was very nice, with something for everyone. Fresh fruit, yogurt, a variety of breads and bagels, cereals, juices, and the 'skillets' which on our stay were scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes. This was a definite plus for our family as we didn't have to make our own waffles, the food was there and ready to go, presented in a very tasteful manner.

Our only negative was the size of the bathroom, it was small and didn't provide a lot of room. You shouldn't have to dance around to open a door. The vanity and sink were located outside of the bathroom, so that is a plus.

Our stay was short, unfortunately, so I can't comment on the other amenities of the hotel, though they do have a small bar where coffees and adult drinks can be purchased, along with a small 'grab-n-go' of bakery and sandwich items. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kent S
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided on a last minute weekend trip and arrived around 9pm, the front desk clerk was very nice with great personality. We have stayed at this property in the past and always have a nice experience.

Room Tip: Perfect location, very clean with many restaurtants nearby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
stamford, ct
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were efficiently checked in by a lovely clerk. We had not stayed in a Hyatt Place before and were very pleased to find a large sitting area and a large screen television in our room. Very clean and comfortable room. The exercise room is small but useful with complementary headsets. I saw a laundry room. Breakfast was prettily presented with a variety of foods and the coffee was delicious and hot. The lobby area was nicely arranged. An attractive bar was in the lobby and take-out food service with some delicious desserts in the display. Our room had alot of electrical outlets at the large useful desk for our various electronic devices. We will try to stay at this brand again based upon this pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rf06903
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived after midnight... After driving 7 hours straight... the check in was flawless and everything appeared well and good... Then I looked under the covers of both beds and found hair! The front desk guy offered an alternative and that bed had hair in it too!

So...I asked for new fitted sheets and flats... I was my own maid after an exhausting day and paying $125 per night for a hotel that I expect to have higher standards... I was disappointed none the less... the apparent neglect in this area makes me wonder what other areas this hotels cuts corner in...especially the food ... Although I found the food to be very tasty ...

The hair issue aside... I found:

-all staff to be very friendly and approachable

- free wifi

- free parking

- free breakfast which is awesome

- room was spacious and quiet

- free computer room...unsure if free printing

- safe hotel and surrounding area is quiet

- located right off the highway and restaurants and gas station near by

Okay ...now the negatives...

- the bathroom was small... just enough room to do your business

- occasionally no hot water

- no 24/7 coffee or tea

- no welcome binder

- oh yeah ... Hair in the beds!

Essentially, for the price I paid... I expected the Hyatt to have higher standards for cleanliness and from previous reviews... This is an ongoing issue... So what is being done to correct the ongoing problem?

Not to mention I had to be my own maid on my vacation ... Changed the sheets myself in 15 min ...

Unless you like to sleep in a bed that was not changed and God only knows what hanky panky was done in that bed before you... I will not stay here again and I hope no else stays here until they fix the hair problem...

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank renascentchick c
Short Hills
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here multiple times. We use it for overnight stay for our FL trips. It's very nice, and cheap, usually less than $100 per night on weekends.

Standard Hyatt Place hotel decor. Room is clean. Lobby is clean. Staff is very friendly. Typical Hyatt place breakfast, which is very good. Parking not a problem.

McD is next door. Gas station is in the front. Easy on/off from I-295 (95 Richmond bypass).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family