“Caring and Friendly”

GreenLeadersGold level
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Caring and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel a great deal in support of my employer and spend a great deal of time in hotels. The staff can make or break my experience. In this case the staff was the one bright spot in an otherwise lack luster stay. The sales manager went out of her way to personally ask guests about their stay, thefront desk staff continually offerd a pleasant and heartfelt greeting on my departure or arrival. The staff made me feel welcome and wanted.. My experience with the physical facility was less than acceptable. My first floor suite did not have hot water in the morning and especailly at night. The hotel maintenace person was aware of the problem and unable to resolve the issue - a known design flaw in the hot water system. It appears that it only affected the suite I was staying in. My colleague in the room across the corridor did not have the same problem. The only other negative was the fact that the evening food selection seldom matched the in room menu - they ran out of the listed items early and then scrambled to keep the line filled with whatever they could find. The hotel was clean, well maintained, the rooms comfortable and serviced by people who took pride in what they did.

Room Tip: Avoid the room across the corridor from the hotel laundry - no HOT WATER.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Eastpointe, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Verry nice hotel clean rooms friendly staff,I would recomend this hotel.this hotel had agreat varriety of breakfast foods and drinks.I had a great experiance on my stay here.prices were good .Plenty of parking and well lighted at night,this hotel is a 9 out of 10 for my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that next time you are in the Richmond/Chester area that you will choose us again and we look forward to the opportunity to be your home away from home again!

Nicole Clay
Parma Heights, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Homewood Suites Hotel in Chester, VA ! The convenience of the complimentary breakfast and high speed internet was a special touch. The fitness facility had the most up to date Precor training systems available. The staff was expedient and attentive to my needs. I don't normally fill out these surveys however, it was a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend this hotel !

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to be your home away from home again!

Nicole Clay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Empty coffee, no eggs, dirty tables, and staff shooting the breeze in kitchen. Needs management attention! When asked, some action but still no coffee after 30 minutes.
Noted no management around to supervise. Front desk clerk could do nothing to help.
Cross this one off our list for the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill our a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced during your stay. The service that you experienced is unacceptable and is definitely not what we aim to provide. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nicole Clay, General Manager
Warrenton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just to retouch on your outstanding staff Daniellis (front desk) and Mari at dinner kitchen staff another older lady there who is very helpful, forgot her name though. Very key members of your staff! With some of the problems me and my associates have had we would not stay here without them being there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Andre G
Merritt Island, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Homewood suites are great hotel. My experience is always very good to excellent. However, I have notice in comparison to other suites that they do have DVD players which for someone like myself that is there for extended period of time possible would like to have the capability of watching their own movies in comparison to purchasing. Also a must is having hot water readily available at all time.

COLUMBUS, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I travel a lot for business and the staff is awesome which is very important to me. The maintance man is always ready to help and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to any one who is staying in the Richmond/Ft Lee area. Rooms are always clean and well kept.