“great place to rendevouz with family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersGold level
Laporte, MN, United States
“great place to rendevouz with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

we were very happy with every aspect of our visit here, the suites were beautifully done and spacious, the breakfast and suppers were great food and plenty of it...we found interesting side trips to do and plenty of seafood.......which enjoyed immensely, being from a northern plains state we get little fresh seafood

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Carole M,

My Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you found our hotel and spacious rooms to be just what you needed for a family rendevouz!

Nicole Clay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
louisville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this property on business last year. Bathroom grout "is stained" (per hotel staff) last year when I complained. I (the guest) thought it was dirt. This year it was worse, with the wallpaper turning up in the corner. The carpeting in the room additionally needed a good cleaning; be sure to bring your slippers/shower shoes when you walk around, your white socks will get dirty. If you need a late check-out be sure you plan and request it early, "we do it by first come first serve" not whether your a Hilton Hhonors member. When I checked out there was no thank you for your stay and please come back, instead when I turned in the key, "OK". I stay at Homewood Suites throughout the Country and normally I'm quite satisfied, don't let this location put you off the brand! I stayed the following evening at the Homewood, Richmond Airport and was knocked out by the friendliness of the staff and their efficiency. (place was booked solid) The room was topnotch, very clean! I hope that local management at the Homewood Suites in Chester will clean up things and train the week-end desk staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with your stay. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

A very nice hotel, welcoming rooms and atmosphere, everything you need when traveling. Breakfast is good, evening reception ends at 7pm (a little early). You need to be mobile though as restaurants in the area are a short drive away. Have stayed here several times and will do again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul W,

My Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you found us to be welcoming and accommodating. We do offer a complimentary dinner Monday – Thursday from 5p-7p, next time you stay let us know if you can’t make it in time and we will save a plate for you!

East Brunswick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was a great place to stay. We were there for a women's basketball college showcase in Richmond. The check-in process was quick and the staff was very friendly. Our room was huge - King size bed & pullout coach. Having the kitchen and refrigerator was a big plus for us because we didn't have time to go out to restaurants very often. We kept our snacks, water gatorade,etc there and could make quick dinners or order in. We used the internet service, pool and fitness center and everything was clean & efficient. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast on our way out to games which saved us more time. I would definitely stay at a Homewood Suites again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richard L,
My Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you found our hotel and rooms to be just what you needed!

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family and I were on our way down to Myrtle Beach for vacation recently. We wanted to stay somewhere in the Richmond area as an overnight stop (we were driving from MA). We chose to stay at the Homewood Suites in Chester, VA.

I was able to leverage some of my Hilton Honors points and pay a smaller nightly rate.

The facility was in great condition, staff was very friendly and my son loved the pool. However, the chlorine levels were quite high as even just the vapors in the air from the hot tub and the pool really irritated both of our eyes without even going under water. Not a big deal though, as it was just for a night.

Our son loved the layout of the rooms as they have a kitchen area and a living room area and then the bed room and bathroom are in a separate room. He thought it was cool that you could close off the two rooms from each other.

The hot breakfast in the morning was decent as well.

Have always liked Homewood Suites and would definitely recommend this facility and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear mrpian0man,

My Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you found our roomy suites to be accommodating for your stay. Thank you for brining the chlorine smell to our attention. We have fixed the ventilation issue that was causing the strong smell.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Have stayed at this hotel over 300 nights in the last 8 years. Always good and consistant. Rooms are clean, property is well maintained and the staff is helpful and courteous. Large TVs in each room, plenty of space to work and relax

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi 245roberto,
WOW! Thank you for being such a loyal guest and writing a wonderful review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton! We always appreciate it when guests take time out of their busy schedules to tell us how we are doing. Can wait to see you again, here at your HOMEwood away from home.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

South Chesterfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Pool was nice and cozy. Whirlpool tub in room was wonderful. Breakfast food sucked. Service was great. Food sucked.I would stay there again. Just go out for breakfast.Hotel in good location just off major hwy. Easy access.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello John C,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your room and pool area. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced during your stay with breakfast. We do try to provide different hot and cold items daily to try and meet the tastes of everyone. I would love to speak with you more about when you stayed, what was served and how we could have improved it. Please feel free to call me @ 804-751-0010 or email @ nicole.clay@hilton.com, I would love to hear from you.